Collection Of Voucher Specimens

norseman

From at least one of Branco's reports, I conclude there is some evidence at least that they understand the idea of fire and fuel. It would be a rare or short-lived forest dwelling mammal who at least did not recognize the smell  of smoke, or had not ever seen a fire. Lightning strikes, prescribed burns, campfires and possibly even wildfires all happen in the woods.  It is taken as a given that humans obtained fire first from lightning strikes, and then moved on to learning to preserve it, and ultimately to generate it at will.  Fire is security, warmth, a tool, and a digestive accelerant.  Of these, I would think Sasquatch could only, possibly, need the last one on that list...but if so, we'd see far, far more evidence of fire use out there. And we don't.               

Of these, I would think Sasquatch could only, possibly, need the last one on that list...but if so, we'd see far, far more evidence of fire use out there. And we don't.               

Nobody said they definitely use fire.

The debate started because Norseman said "creature that doesn't understand how to create fire or stone tools" & I said "How do you know that they can't/don't make fire?..... Bonobno...... etc."

There is no debate about whether or not they actually USE fire.

• Upvote 2

Guest Crowlogic

Don't you know how to build a fire that doesn't smoke up the whole forest?

I would think that with all your outdoors experience that would have been one of the first things you learned.

Some humans can build nearly smokeless fires.  However the operative word is humans.  No I sincerely doubt that bigfoot has the brain power to make smokeless fires.  But even without smoke there are no remains of fires constructed by bigfoot.

Guest OntarioSquatch

There are hardly any anecdotes of Bigfoot using fire, let alone making them. I can't think of any reports off the top of my head where a Bigfoot was even around a campfire (though there may be a few). 

I would guess that this is an animal that doesn't have any use for fire, the same way a chimpanzee or a gorilla doesn't have any use for it. When it comes to lifestyle, the reports suggest that they live not like humans, but more like other wild apes that are on the planet today.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

That's STILL not the point.

The question is whether or not they can understand how to do it. Not whether or not they use it to cook their possum.

• Upvote 1

WSA,

Oh no no no! You never watched Quest for fire?

Edited by norseman

If Branco proved they exist using the FOIA?

I would immediately stand down.

It is always the same 

Statements of "I know this and I know that"

No matter what the claim is, the minute you ask for evidence you get the same tired responses

It doesn't matter if it the "pearls Before swine" response

Or

"Why should i.  I do this for myself?"

Or

Any other variation that they use

It all boils down to the fact that they have no evidence

They are free to make any claim they want, just as we are free to judge it for ourselves

If for some reason I have given you the erroneous impression that your opinions about what I "have" or what I have learned about BF is of some concern or interest to me, I certainly must apologize; nothing could be further from the truth. Please don't waste your valuable time. 

You presume too much

I did not think for an instant that you would care what I thought.

And just so there is no misunderstanding here

Anything you have to say is of no further interest to me

Edited by MagniAesir
  • Upvote 1

Nobody said they definitely use fire.

The debate started because Norseman said "creature that doesn't understand how to create fire or stone tools" & I said "How do you know that they can't/don't make fire?..... Bonobno...... etc."

There is no debate about whether or not they actually USE fire.

You certainly implied it.

There is no evidence that Sasquatch manufactures stone tools or creates or uses fire. You have stated thats just an assumption on my part. So can you back up any of this? Any BFRO reports that support your position?

I remember a old newspaper story from California that stated that a prospector was noticing his campfire was strewn about when he left camp for the day. He finally after a few days doubled back and watched his camp. A sasquatch entered the camp and started playing in the coals and lighting twigs on fire and ran around like a school kid. That is the only story I remember involving Sasquatch and fire.

That ol' demon evidence rearing its ugly head again.

Humans know of no other species that has harnessed fire.  Until such direct evidence is found, fires can be presumed of human origin simply by observation of what's there.  Science doesn't allow wild-track speculation without evidence.  Just as one seeing equine hooves on an AL trail is ill-advised to presume zebra, one finding a set fire, anywhere, is ill-advised to presume anything but:  us.

(I'd have to see the bonobo gather the wood; structure it from tinder to kindling to starter to the big stuff...and manufacture the matches.  Never mind the peer-reviewed paper verifying no assistance from other species in learning the technique.)

The Bonobo would have the benefit of watching humans make fires as this would be possible for BF too.

Hopefuly you do understand how the bolded part can scew data and eliminate reports that we potentially should be able to see,... much like finding spear points,  hand axes and human-like footprints, especially in places we might expect to.

So long as they are just out of your sight, they can live with little actual pressure on them.

The Bonobo would have the benefit of watching humans make fires as this would be possible for BF too.

Hopefuly you do understand how the bolded part can scew data and eliminate reports that we potentially should be able to see,... 

No.

The bolded part is how science works.  Searching for bigfeet fires?  Let us not.

The true scientist goes nowhere without evidence.  The true scientist will see evidence where the blinkered techie does not; indeed that is precisely what is happening in a field that is revealing many if not most scientists not to have their science hats on.

But if one has no reason to think something makes fire...looking for evidence of that is wasting time, when the animal itself isn't even confirmed yet.

We didn't find out pretty much anything chimpanzees did until long after we had confirmed chimpanzees.  Gonna work that way here too.

It is, in fact, *not* cleaving strictly to the bolded part which is why we are 47 years down the road from Patty, and still doing, well, this.

Not sticking to the bolded part - e.g, tossing shape-shifting and morphing and orbing and horse-braiding and fire making and saucer piloting onto the resume of a garden-variety hominid - is skewing the data, in a very smelly way.

Edited by DWA

Hopefuly you do understand how the bolded part can scew data and eliminate reports that we potentially should be able to see,... much like finding spear points,  hand axes and human-like footprints, especially in places we might expect to.

So long as they are just out of your sight, they can live with little actual pressure on them.

The Bonobo was taught directly by humans to start a fire with matches. Thats not the same thing as Sasquatch observing campers with a fire and goes off to go rub two sticks together.

Ive tried and failed many times to get a fire going with a bow drill. my problem was i didnt notch the socket in the anvil. its not easy.....

^

Yeah, you need that notch.  You also need the ignition tools, dry wood of different sizes, a birds nest properly put together and of course good skill.  Maybe that's what the bigfoot howls we hear are?  Cursing cause they can't get the fire lit!?!

t.

• Upvote 1

You certainly implied it.

There is no evidence that Sasquatch manufactures stone tools or creates or uses fire. You have stated thats just an assumption on my part. So can you back up any of this? Any BFRO reports that support your position?

I implied that I think they would be capable of building a fire if they wanted to. And there would be no need for them to rub sticks together for the same reason that they wouldn't have to chip out a stone axe if they needed one. We humans leave things laying around everywhere. Fires are made in the campgrounds & in backyards by the millions. It would be amazing if not a single BF ever observed the process, picked up a lighter from a picnic table, & tried it for himself later.

Do you honestly think that a being that is intelligent enough to elude humans for all these years couldn't do something that simple? Something so simple that a Bonobo can do it?

What is the procedure for "backing up" what I think?

Your sig line is duly noted........

I guess you must have already forgotten duly noting my sig line.....

• Upvote 1