Class B Sighting Threshold

MNskeptic

When your dog comes in smelling like dead fish, tosses a rock on your roof, & makes that howl that I posted, let me know & I'll totally reconsider what could have been in my yard.

Of course, I would have to disregard the later Class A encounters......

And the fact that bigfoot is common to my area.

• Upvote 1

Not meant to humor you MN skeptic, but if you ever smelled a Sasquatch, and I hope someday you do, you will never again mistake it for anything else … there would be no denying the fact. Similarly, if you ever smelled dead, dying, burned or decayed human beings you would never forget it … A Sasquatch stink is completely overwhelmingly powerful, and it exudes somewhat of a strange yet unearthly odor the likes of which you will not forget easily.

Gumshoeye,

Could you please share your sighting/encounter or point me to where I could read it? Thanks!

No sir I’ll pass but thanks for asking … if I mentioned here on a thread its here somewhere but I cannot readily identify where or what thread.  

That one that I posted was about 9:30 pm. The best howling & roaring vocals were usually between dark & 3 am.

Sassy are you surrounded by woods or farms or both? That is a bizarre menagerie of zoo sounds … thanks for posting the link.

No, it's mostly open pasture land with a few small clumps of woods & thickets scattered around. We have some cattle & a few horses & one neighbor has cattle, but that's all that could be called farms.

They definitely don't live on this place, & all that noise was recorded when they were passing through & stopping by to do whatever they do out there.

• Upvote 1

I tend to filter out the Class B sightings and go straight to the visual encounters.

Read so many sound/smell/feeling based reports which could have amounted to the culprit easily being non-BF.

Indeed the number of coyote recordings being misinterpreted as 'Squatch' calls never fails to astound.

I also tend to bypass any sighting report where the witness states they had deliberately set out to hunt or look for Bigfoot....

Gumshoeye,

Could you please share your sighting/encounter or point me to where I could read it? Thanks!

I snapped a few photos that I posted on the Tree Manipulation thread.

Admin

I agree that the BFRO class system is inadequate, that's why we developed a scoring scheme for the SSR.

post-338-0-98904700-1374727849_thumb.png
  • Upvote 2

BFF Patron

^ not much science went into BFRO descriptive system, that is for sure, so-much-so that I believe the original system descriptions were superior to their revised system.....

if you think not I am open to your pleading

Look, more of me believes in BF than not. However, I have found that people will shape otherwise factual truths into their own belief system, creating a story for themselves that a big part of them WANTS to be true...but it's not.

I've had what I was certain at the time were something akin to Class B encounters. However, it was my brain playing tricks on me, warping common occurrences in nature. I so WANTED them to be BF encounters that they were a BF encounter for a short time. I was scared. Really scared. Turns out that the BF I thought was throwing rocks onto the roof of my secluded cabin in far northern MN was only a squirrel dropping rock hard pine cones from the giant Norway Pine that leans over the roof. The BF that was throwing 50lb rocks at me while night fishing near the Boundry Water wilderness area? Turns out to be a territorial beaver, tail slapping repeatedly around my boat. The thunderously loud woman screaming I heard while night fishing a lake bordered by the Flambeau State Forest I can't explain, but more likely a bobcat, porcupine, deer, cougar, elk, or something other than a BF. I WANT that experience to have been a Class B encounter, and hold open the possibility it was, but my thinking mind says I'm just a city boy unfamiliar with the cries of certain commonly occurring animals.

The BFF does an excellent job of rooting out mis-IDs and frauds. The interaction among members allows that. What I don't like about other BF sites is that there is no interaction among those who are skeptical. There is no critical analysis or other points of view allowed. Class B sightings probably warrant even more skepticism as the witness usually never lays eyes on the creature. Being so rare, BF are probably the last possibility to cross off the list of possibilities in many of the Class B reports, not near the top.

And to those who wished for me to smell a BF one day, I hope to have the privilege, though preferably while also viewing the creature with my own two eyes. How else can you associate the two? If I hear sounds in the woods, smell the worst smell of my life, and feel fear at the same time, I'm going to first call my dogs name and wonder if she's been rolling in putrid decaying dead fish carcasses again.

MNSkeptic

I snapped a few photos that I posted on the Tree Manipulation thread.

After checking out those pictures, I am led to assume you are "whispers", yes?