What About The Bones?

BigTreeWalker

Be safe.

Thanks Norse. The only incident we had today was that we were walking back to the car and had a couple Fish and Wildlife officers stop by and talk to us. They were checking to make sure we hadn't been down on the floodplain of the Toutle river. It's off limits til the end of April. It's an elk wintering area. I'm just curious why they didn't ask what we had been doing.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Would hunters or poachers do that sort of thing like put the skull in the tree?    Could be the BF equivalent of a stuffed head in your den.   .      Not sure I have heard of that particular BF behavior in other areas but often when things like that are mentioned someone says they have seen it too.   

Natives will sometimes put a skull up.

It's called elevating the skull and is a show of respect for the spirit of the animal.

Not sure if that is what that is, looks more accidental?

You mean accidentally looks like a native action? Because it definitely didn't accidentally get up in that tree! ;)

Boots and knees on the ground. :) Checking out a site that looked like coyotes feed on it.

post-24465-0-98511700-1457255069_thumb.j

One of the few sites we found that looked like a bear fed on it. Very large canine impression. No ribs were found. Bear probably ate them or carried them off with the spine.

post-24465-0-34075100-1457255249_thumb.j

We found four more bone collections that previously hadn't been seen. Most showed signs that they had been cougar kills. The freshest was an elk calf from last year just before leaf fall. So about the end of Sept. There was still connective tissue holding the vertebrae together.

Well if I see bones , I am looking for bite marks that are going to look like mine. But those bite marks will be much larger of course, not mine. There is a kill site I am looking for, a deer site that I have been told . I am in the process of going out and looking for this site, I am familiar with the area that they told me .If it is good sign expect some bones from me BigTree. I will post pictures if I make it . 

Bigtreewallker

Just getting of the topic of the subject, but still BF related. Have you ever come across a small pile of sticks, which underneath hides faeces

The big cats around here, cougar and bobcat bury their feces. But they use whatever happens to be right there, dirt, sticks, leaves, pine needles, whatever. They also usually attempt to bury their kills.

I've only seen what I mentioned about the cats. I've never noticed anything else. Don't know if I've ever seen any bigfoot scat. I do see bear scat occasionally, which would be about the same for a big Bear, but not covered.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

You mean accidentally looks like a native action? Because it definitely didn't accidentally get up in that tree! ;)

Boots and knees on the ground. :) Checking out a site that looked like coyotes feed on it.

attachicon.gifDSCN1198.JPG

One of the few sites we found that looked like a bear fed on it. Very large canine impression. No ribs were found. Bear probably ate them or carried them off with the spine.

attachicon.gifDSCN0490.JPG

We found four more bone collections that previously hadn't been seen. Most showed signs that they had been cougar kills. The freshest was an elk calf from last year just before leaf fall. So about the end of Sept. There was still connective tissue holding the vertebrae together.

Native would show more care in the placement, after all, it's a respect thing.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an analysis of the 14th elk kill site we found in the area we are researching. It looked like there was promising evidence on the bones in the field. But after collecting the bones and cleaning them up; all I could find for sure was evidence of the usual predators and scavengers. Once again not everything is bigfoot related.

VBX1 Analysis.pdf

For those who missed it this is a link to my original analysis and what we are looking for. It contains more of the pictures I posted at the beginning of this thread.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/0bcbab19-1f8d-4d80-af88-a430dd55782f

• Upvote 1

Things went well at the NW Anthropology conference yesterday. My research partner did the presentation. I answered the questions afterwards. Had some interest from a couple anthropology grad students. Which is what we hoped for.

Also had an interesting conversation with a NA lady.

• Upvote 3

Admin

Good work BigTreeWalker!

BFF Patron

BTW has some interesting stuff going on in his research area but you need to hear it from him.