Straight Ahead Science That Indicates Bigfoot Does Not Exist.

Guest Crowlogic

I saw Bindernagel display his cast collection and a motley collection of "you can't be serious it was."  I was intrigued though by his explanation of how the young ones foot starts out looking nothing like the adult foot and morphs into a proper looking bigfoot foot.  As near as I can tell there isn't a mammal on earth that goes through such a morph.  Once again special dispensation at it's finest.  Dr. B. actually was instrumental in my starting to question the quality of reasoning in the bigfoot camp.

Um human baby feet look very different to human adult feet. They morph into typical looking adult feet. I'm very sure you are exaggerating Bindernagel's wordings there. Unless you can provide proof of exactly what he said, let's just say I'll take your claim with a pinch of salt.

Actully bindernagel also proved the griffon exists as well. Check his book out "Griffons, Hey why not guys"

Ah the old standard.

Bigfoot = Griffons and unicorns and other biologically impossible creatures. Hey why not bring mermaids and the Tooth Fairy into it as well. Go the whole hog why don't you.

I'm writing a book called "Hiding under the bridge, a field guide to trolls"

I've found plenty of evidence for their existence.

Oh, they are real.  I've seen many, right here.

Um human baby feet look very different to human adult feet. They morph into typical looking adult feet. I'm very sure you are exaggerating Bindernagel's wordings there. Unless you can provide proof of exactly what he said, let's just say I'll take your claim with a pinch of salt.

I'd dump the whole Morton can on it, were I you.  That is one of the more profound fails I have seen.

Ah the old standard.

Bigfoot = Griffons and unicorns and other biologically impossible creatures. Hey why not bring mermaids and the Tooth Fairy into it as well. Go the whole hog why don't you.

Some people really don't have any clue how baldly their lack of information shows up.

I was grinning to myself just now...trying to picture what an encounter support group for the chronically incurious and hyper-empirical might look like.

Facilitator: "Would any like to share with the group any progress they've made, or challenges they've encountered since we last met, hmmmm?"

Corvid Reasoning:  "Yes, I would please.  Uh, like somebody said to me that they had this theory based on some forensic evidence of a footprint, but they didn't know for sure if it was true or not, because he couldn't actually have the thing that made the footprint right there for me to look at, right?"

Facilitator:  "So how did that make you feel, having an hypothesis actually voiced to you when you could not avoid it?"

C.R.: "Well, I of course denied it was a footprint, denied that things actually left footprints and that if it was a footprint it was not made by anything."

Facilitator: "And how did that make you feel?"

C.R. "Safe and well satisfied with my self-defined reality, of course, which freed me up to work on my treatise on why gravity doesn't exist because nobody has gotten a clear photo of it yet. It was a good day."

Edited by WSA

^^^^You know I'd respond to this and give Mr. Imperious Interlocutor the what-for, except I have no proof that that was written by a person, or even that this whole thing isn't a movie inside my head.

Guest Crowlogic

I'm writing a book called "Hiding under the bridge, a field guide to trolls"

I've found plenty of evidence for their existence.

A troll on a forum arrives at the forum with the express purpose of causing problems.  I was a member of the old BF forum and joined the new BF forum when it resumed.   What current members don't get about my presence and my position is that I am one of the people who has asked the questions and pondered the possibilities just as everyone else has.  

I called the thread Straight Ahead Science because it indicates that the rejection of bigfoot reality is a straight forward and simple affair.  All that is needed is the stepping out of the circle and looking back into the circle to appreciate the field as it has become.  Or to put it another way seeing things with a view from the bridge.  More and more grist for the mill is getting churned out day after day  from ever more diverse quarters but it leads to the same nowhere that the earnest studied serious input of old.  All one has to do is watch the videos from the various groups and individuals and it amounts to a form of adult playtime.  I don't condemn anyone for for it I just understand why it continues.

Edited by Crowlogic

Guest ChasingRabbits

Why it's such a personal crusade for you to consistently assert your non-belief in Big Foot on a Big Foot forum is truly pathologic and illogical. You don't believe in Big Foot, yet you seem to devote plenty of time and energy posting here, watching Big Foot tv shows, looking at the latest Big Foot findings, etc.

Whatever.

A troll on a forum arrives at the forum with the express purpose of causing problems.  I was a member of the old BF forum and joined the new BF forum when it resumed.   What current members don't get about my presence and my position is that I am one of the people who has asked the questions and pondered the possibilities just as everyone else has.  

I called the thread Straight Ahead Science because it indicates that the rejection of bigfoot reality is a straight forward and simple affair.  All that is needed is the stepping out of the circle and looking back into the circle to appreciate the field as it has become.  Or to put it another way seeing things with a view from the bridge.  More and more grist for the mill is getting churned out day after day  from ever more diverse quarters but it leads to the same nowhere that the earnest studied serious input of old.  All one has to do is watch the videos from the various groups and individuals and it amounts to a form of adult playtime.  I don't condemn anyone for for it I just understand why it continues.

I notice the ones who refer to you as a troll exhibit troll traits much more so than you. They are rude and you are polite. Go figure.

All one has to do is watch the videos from the various groups and individuals posts repeatedly dodging direct questions and assertions and evidence and common sense and it amounts to a form of adult playtime.  I don't condemn anyone for for it I just understand why it continues.  There, fixed.

I notice the ones who refer to you as a troll exhibit troll traits much more so than you. They are rude and you are polite. Go figure.

Oh, come off it.  This is just silly.  As I just told you.  Hijacking threads and paying no attention to any POV but one's own is rude in the extreme and the very definition of the term.  CL started this thread, so in the most strainedly technical sense what he is saying could be considered on topic.  But not in any sense adhered to in truly polite discourse.

Crowlogic brings up good points, even though I don't agree with most of them. Opposing opinions and view points are what challenges us to think "outside of the box" and examine things from different angles.

If we all agreed on everything, this would be a very boring forum.

Some people have questioned Crow's motives for posting, even though he's not a believer. I would question the same people for even responding to Crow's post. If you don't value his opinions, just ignore him.

• Upvote 4

My problem is that the "good points" are things long ago dealt with by the scientific proponents.  They shouldn't keep coming back up and back up here any more than flat-earth does.

Which is why I just use him as an educational tool; too many people don't know this.

To be perfectly honest, I don't consider you a troll at all.  That comment was not directed at you.  You at least take the time to offer (what you believe be) reasonable arguments.

Guest Crowlogic

Why it's such a personal crusade for you to consistently assert your non-belief in Big Foot on a Big Foot forum is truly pathologic and illogical. You don't believe in Big Foot, yet you seem to devote plenty of time and energy posting here, watching Big Foot tv shows, looking at the latest Big Foot findings, etc.

Whatever.

Perhaps, just perhaps by putting counterpoints on the table a genuine truth can be arrived at.  Each and every flaky bigfoot video I see is an affirmation of the stand I have arrived at.  But the flaky videos are a known quantity by now but it pays to keep abreast of it just in case a true gem of reality hasn't slipped by that might negate my opinion.  So much for the flaky videos there are serious videos too of course.  But the serious videos do the most damage to the credibility of bigfoot being real as they leave the viewer hanging with more questions than answers.  It's a sad commentary knowing how something ends without needing to see it through to conclusion.  

But what is it all saying? What am I saying by making threads like this?  I'm saying the field is a mess, I'm saying that the entire thing should either be scrapped or approached without the willingness to believe paradigm after paradigm that either rings false or goes false in short order.  I'm saying hey bigfoot believers clean up your act listen to yourselves.  Listen to yourselves and you understand why real scientists and real scientific organizations will have no part of it.    

Guest OntarioSquatch

But the serious videos do the most damage to the credibility of bigfoot being real as they leave the viewer hanging with more questions than answers.

This doesn't make sense.