Bigfoot Is Nearly Everywhere Is An Untenable Pretense

Guest Crowlogic

Guest OntarioSquatch

They came pretty close to achieving their goal using that method. They had one come close to their tent at night a couple years ago and one of the guys fired a shot, but missed the top of its head by a few inches due to tree limbs that were in front of the animal, which deflected the round.

This is a sketch of what he saw. The height estimate they did indicated that it was about 9 feet tall, so based on that, it probably wasn't a person playing a prank.

HQIe8EQ.png

Wow, pretty cool sketch! Too bad they missed. Were they able to collect any hair or scat for testing?

Forgive my ignorance but wouldn't it be possible to record the thermal footage onto a special recording device like a disk or computer driver thingy? 

while I appreciate the effort I don't think sketches are going to sway the discussion.

fwiw, ohiobill raises valid points , especially on the poop thing. that's  pretty basic hunting / tracking 101 and shouldn't be impossible with a resident species.

oh , iirc, isn't there already a thread discussing nawac / area X and so forth?

also, regarding personal trauma from hitting an animal...... sorry to sound heartless, but that isn't always the case. some are thankful the event wasn't worse and claimed a human life if a bigger animal.

and as for the smaller ones ......well, a quick squishing may be a better way to go than a big owl or hawk sinking talons in while still alive and being swept up terrified into the sky...

...you know, nature at work, just my 2 cents.... and as usual, that and a couple more $ might get you a coffee some where.

All points valid or invalid taken for what they're, ha ha, worth, I tend to go with what the people who were there report, unless there is good reason to doubt them, which no one seems to be providing here.  To do otherwise is unacceptably arrogant or naïve, take your pick, and could not be more counter to sound science.  Or sound day to day, you know, thought.

Edited by DWA

Guest OntarioSquatch

They're dealing with something that has eluded humans for a long time, so their lack of results seems natural to me. Travis Lawrence (the guy who fired the shot) didn't hesitate. Most of these guys are ready to get proof of this animal's existence. Looking through videos on YT where people use of thermal scopes, there's videos that were captured through the devices themselves, so I think it's possible for them to get video, but there's the issue of using time to set to record and these guys can't waste any time when they get an opportunity like that. If get a body, they'll be able to get clear video of that instead and it'll be much more convincing.

Guest Crowlogic

When I hear figures of 9 feet tall I know it's time to raise the red flag.  Sure there's giant ape men in the North American woods.  The man in the photo is about 5' 7" and the tallest bigfoot is 12'.  the others are 8' and 10'.  So we are to believe that anything that big is staying so perfectly off the radar?  I wonder if the people who make up the huge ones actually know what that sizes out to be in a real proportioned animal.

twelve%20ft%20Sasq%20002_zpsctkteomh.jpg

Guest OntarioSquatch

A 9 foot height is definitely above average, but it's in the right range. Based on reports, the average adult height that most witnesses see is just under 8 feet. Some are taller. Their height really won't make a difference in their discovery if they're staying out of sight.

Sorry, Crow.  Gotta stop hurting your head like this.  9 feet:  reported quite a bit.

Size has nothing to do with it.  Denial has everything to do with it.  When everyone knows it's not real 9 feet starts looking pretty teensy.  Do you honestly think you'd run to the newspapers yelling they're real they're real if you saw a nine-foot sasquatch?  Of course not!  (Well actually with Crow who knows.)  Size doesn't matter if you pretty much know no one will believe you.

We're patient with you.  We're thinking you might even show some progress if we keep it up.

They're dealing with something that has eluded humans for a long time, so their lack of results seems natural to me. Travis Lawrence (the guy who fired the shot) didn't hesitate. Most of these guys are ready to get proof of this animal's existence. Looking through videos on YT where people use of thermal scopes, there's videos that were captured through the devices themselves, so I think it's possible for them to get video, but there's the issue of using time to set to record and these guys can't waste any time when they get an opportunity like that. If get a body, they'll be able to get clear video of that instead and it'll be much more convincing.

Eluded who? Folks are seeing them everywhere. You just posted about NAWAC tracking them with thermal scopes and narrowly missing one - there's even a sketch! Either they are around and readily seen or ?

I don't understand why they wouldn't record video of an attempt to kill a 9' tall man ape? If the scope is on it could be recording but the second wasted pushing the record button at the start of their night shift in the opaque overwatch position is too risky a chance to take?   

Guest Crowlogic

Sorry, Crow.  Gotta stop hurting your head like this.  9 feet:  reported quite a bit.

Size has nothing to do with it.  Denial has everything to do with it.  When everyone knows it's not real 9 feet starts looking pretty teensy.  Do you honestly think you'd run to the newspapers yelling they're real they're real if you saw a nine-foot sasquatch?  Of course not!  (Well actually with Crow who knows.)  Size doesn't matter if you pretty much know no one will believe you.

We're patient with you.  We're thinking you might even show some progress if we keep it up.

The difference is you believe the reports therefore it makes sense to you.  Why should my head hurt for posting a taste of the reality that gets casually thrown out as if something could exist in that so called reality.  Was a time when 15 ft and 12 ft were commonly tossed out.  But I think a few reality checks ended that in the 70's.  Face value of the myth.....big huge ape men able to remain 100% unproven for as long as humans have walked the earth.  And my head is supposed to be hurting for rejecting this?

The difference is you believe the reports therefore it makes sense to you.  

No.  You still are not getting this.  I have read the reports, and thought about them, so I understand that for every one of them to be some sort of false positive is not happening in the universe Homo sapiens currently inhabits.

See, this is the problem with you True Believers.  You think there is some kind of shortcut that you will be spoon-fed.  At the cutting edge of science there are no shortcuts.  One has to do the work.

And that's the fun.  What you are doing:  not so much.  You blow with every emotional wind; the scientific proponents are proof against all silly breezes and stay on course, a course plotted by the evidence.

Edited by DWA

Guest Crowlogic

No.  You still are not getting this.  I have read the reports, and thought about them, so I understand that for every one of them to be some sort of false positive is not happening in the universe Homo sapiens currently inhabits.

See, this is the problem with you True Believers.  You think there is some kind of shortcut that you will be spoon-fed.  At the cutting edge of science there are no shortcuts.  One has to do the work.

And that's the fun.  What you are doing:  not so much.  You blow with every emotional wind; the scientific proponents are proof against all silly breezes and stay on course, a course plotted by the evidence.

Why do you insist on my being a true believer?  Former believer, former proponent is my position.  Nobody is insisting on anybody being spoon fed anything.  I don't know what you believe you have acquired that differentiates from the status qua.  Giving something a half century to materialize is not insisting on spoon feeding.  You are beginning to sound like those secret squirrel types claiming to be sitting on the true proof but insisting to stay under the radar for any number of reasons.  

There's a common saying  that goes  crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.  The bigfoot community has been doing the same thing over and over for a half century and nothing has changed.  The gloss of how it's being done gets changed with new toys and tools in the field but the end result is the same.  The end result is going to remain the same bigfoot is a done deal it's had it's day.

Edited by Crowlogic

You are a true believer, absolutely.  You are a true believer in what you want to believe, and you are not interested in being told differently.

"Giving something a half century to materialize" is about as insisting on spoon feeding as it gets. I didn't do that; why I am so far ahead of you on this.

How many times do I have to say this?  Everything available to me is available to you, and even worse you have been told about it innumerable times!  That common saying applies only to bigfoot skeptics; and as they have, as yet, come up with zero evidence to discredit this...by their own thinking they are done! and we need to accept sasquatch as real.

Is there any other topic, other than political, where some people go so far out of their way in the attempt to dismiss it?

I honestly cannot think of anything, and I mean really ANYTHING, and neither can he:

I doubt that there exists any anomaly of as much potential scientific importance that has been so determinedly ignored by the world of science. - John Green
If I've said it once it's a million times:  No one who has examined the evidence in depth comes down negatively on this topic.  NO ONE.  Ever.