A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

Guest diana swampbooger

Well, Crow, I'll exclude the government due they only do what they are told to do.

Next, I'll look at other huge for profit machines.

Obviously, Big Pharma. (comes to my mind immediately due to my license & being aware of major shenanigans)

Why?

What animal (that doesn't exist, has no protections, expendable) can be used to develop (Grrrr!)  medications?

What other very deep pocket money machine/s have need for this animal?

Personally, I think organized religions had a big hand in initially driving another hominid into secrecy. Perhaps their stranglehold is loosening it's grip.

What's the point of spending so much time on something that you claim is both imaginary and a waste of time? Devoting oneself to denying an imaginary creature just doesn't make sense, so it doesn't surprise me that some would think that denialists are being paid to do what they do. 

I find this sort of sad. So should I simply sing along with the choir? Is that how it works in this forum? Dissenting voices/opinions need not apply? No one pays me to be here, I'm here because I'm very interested in the topic. But I find the lack of progress since the PGF troubling. I find the inconsistency in the behaviors ascribed to the animal to be strange. I find the claims of up to 4 sub-species to be really unlikely. But what has been really sad is the apparent complacency within the community. 

So, no I'm not a paid shill but if someone will direct me to the people/group/agency which will pay me to be here I'd be forever grateful.

I'm interested but not satisfied with the state of things. This thread asks a simple question which,I think, is valid. 50 years after the PGF, has any real progress been made? I think not. The claims of sub-species, sightings all over the continent and still not a single piece of verifiable evidence is a serious problem after this much time. The unwillingness of many to even acknowledge the lack of progress is an issue and attacking the person who asks the question is worse. 

Actually there are only questions,  supposition and opinion concerning bigfoot.  I have to laugh when people suggest that looking for answers is what the skeptic/nonbeliever needs to do.  It's as if the idea of bigfoot arrived only last week and is a new concept.  Most every item in the bigfoot evidence parade is old news, hair sounds, tracks and graphics.  A few new items have entered the show like tree breaks and rock stacking and clacking but the question begs to be asked why are they such a modern invention.  The obvious one is it's good for show and tell.  The game has gotten more clever but the end results are the same.  Now feel free to supply any answers that aren't the tired shopworn ones.  Sure bigfoot is stealthy and highly intelligent and never makes a false move that allows himself to fall into the hands of the smartest most sinister most diabolical  beings on the planet...homo sapiens sapiens and maybe it'll have some legs.

I don't have any issues with the time span that this mystery has taken. I think specimens have probably fallen in our hands before, and it's more likely that they just don't fit a category of living things that serves our every interest.

I know there is substance to this subject matter based on the evidence and the science that can be applied to it. It's just not possible to dictate the results of it and force it into some category that pleases everyone.

• Upvote 1

Not only 50 Years of searching but recently all of the "best" and most treasured DNA evidence was shot down in flames. 

With every new scientific test or procedure the bigfoot evidence pool becomes smaller and smaller.  

50 Years and we are going backwards.

• Upvote 1

Guest Crowlogic

Well, Crow, I'll exclude the government due they only do what they are told to do.

Next, I'll look at other huge for profit machines.

Obviously, Big Pharma. (comes to my mind immediately due to my license & being aware of major shenanigans)

Why?

What animal (that doesn't exist, has no protections, expendable) can be used to develop (@$#%*^&*) medications?

What other very deep pocket money machine/s have need for this animal?

Personally, I think organized religions had a big hand in initially driving another hominid into secrecy. Perhaps their stranglehold is loosening it's grip.

And of course this means that big pharma can procure specimens at will easily and cheaply?  Why can the authorities seemingly do that the long haul bigfoot experts can't seem to do?  Not a strong case you're making.

Guest diana swampbooger

pffttt,

Guess how much it costs to introduce a new medicine to the market, Crow?

Guess how many 'monkey farms' we have here in the south/North America?

Your turn

Guest Crowlogic

pffttt,

Guess how much it costs to introduce a new medicine to the market, Crow?

Guess how many 'monkey farms' we have here in the south/North America?

Your turn

Guess how established the use of KNOWN primates is in the medical industry is and you'll understand that the chase for a beast that nobody every has captured would not interest them.  But if you insist then ok add that big pharma uses bigfoot to test drugs on.  I guess they have private preserves of them.  

^^^^^ They do ! on a island even. They call this island the Island Of Dr. Moreau... ^^^^^^

I agree with Crow! 50 years? Come on, I've always believed in bigfoot until a while ago because of this forum. I'll say there is no bigfoot. No such thing! Now, prove me wrong. Show me the body. Show me the animal. I'll believe then. I want to believe I really do. Why is it that we never hear of these things getting into our garbage cans at night?

Guest Crowlogic

I agree with Crow! 50 years? Come on, I've always believed in bigfoot until a while ago because of this forum. I'll say there is no bigfoot. No such thing! Now, prove me wrong. Show me the body. Show me the animal. I'll believe then. I want to believe I really do. Why is it that we never hear of these things getting into our garbage cans at night? I call bs

The mistake bigfoot culture made was the unquestioned  infiltration of the potential presence into fairly widespread and commonly traveled  habitat.   Even the Native Americans were sensible enough to keep their myths and legends up and out of the normal day to day.  Indeed find Sasquatch you must go to the forbidden mountains or forests they structured it. Once Americana got hold of it it was down at the creek behind the shopping mall.

Big pharma harvesting Bigfoots for drug testing? I don't think even the SyFy Channel would buy this one.

Guest JiggyPotamus

I agree with Cotter that we should be measuring effort as opposed to time. I mean sure, the idea of bigfoot and even bigfoot researchers themselves have been prominent for at least half a century, but the effort expended to prove the species has been uncoordinated and piecemeal. There has been no concerted effort made, with a pooling of resources, nor has there been a scientific effort. 99% of what has been done towards proving the species has been conducted by amateurs, meaning those who do not place a premium on gathering scientific data that is usable. And even those that have attempted to gather, or have gathered, such scientific data, cannot really do anything with it, except use it for their personal research. So the deck is stacked against us since we have no mainstream help, which is coupled with the fact that we cannot even help any mainstream scientific effort. I mean think about it like this: science is not really doing anything, and we cannot even help them along when they are doing something, considering that no scientist would use data gathered by an amatuer. There are just too many unknowns. That is my opinion anyway, and I think this holds true for the vast majority of scenarios.

Not only 50 Years of searching but recently all of the "best" and most treasured DNA evidence was shot down in flames. 

With every new scientific test or procedure the bigfoot evidence pool becomes smaller and smaller.  

50 Years and we are going backwards.

I don't think anyone really contested the human DNA results. You may see failures but that can also be progress. Maybe we'll eventually prove the negative. (snicker)  Maybe the human results wasn't a negative. It's not like it contradicts that much of the tangible evidence.

• Upvote 1

I'm interested but not satisfied with the state of things. This thread asks a simple question which,I think, is valid. 50 years after the PGF, has any real progress been made? I think not. The claims of sub-species, sightings all over the continent and still not a single piece of verifiable evidence is a serious problem after this much time. The unwillingness of many to even acknowledge the lack of progress is an issue and attacking the person who asks the question is worse. 

I so agree with this statement. I've been a believer ever since I was a kid and introduced to the subject of BIgfoot by In Search Of. I have never had an experience but I haven't put myself out there in places where one may occur. The past few years have killed much of my interest in the subject. Things like the rampant hoaxes, failed DNA projects, commerciliazed goofiness like Finding Bigfoot have all left a bad taste in my mouth. I want Sasquatch to be real in the worst way but the lack of real scientific evidence (body on a slab or DNA) over the last 40 years that I have been paying attention to the subject is truly disheartening.

• Upvote 1

Would you please elaborate on this?