4-Toed Prints

TD-40

I say the most likely cause is from spending a lifetime running around the woods barefoot. Actually pretty easy to lose a toe or two doing that.

The biggest threat to bare toes is living room furniture in the dark!

Concerning 3 toes in Texas, I believe the Boggy Creek tracks were often a weird 3 toe print. But, IIRC, there were also 5 toe tracks found. That's right on the TX/LA border.

I have a pic of a four toed print I found a couple of years ago here in Australia, I will put a pic on this arvo

One fairly well-known print that Meldrum has (likely correctly) stated is probably due to a congenital deformity is the Shipton yeti track.  The tracks found by the 1972 Arun Valley expedition make this a very reasonable theory.

The biggest threat to bare toes is living room furniture in the dark!

Concerning 3 toes in Texas, I believe the Boggy Creek tracks were often a weird 3 toe print. But, IIRC, there were also 5 toe tracks found. That's right on the TX/LA border.

LOL, agreed about the living room furniture.

Tracks can be faked so unless someone like say Meldrum finds some confirmation I don't put much stock in them. I think in the Boggy Creek case there was only one footprint found with three toes. And I'm very familiar with the Foulke Monster. That's in my neck of the woods,  I actually went looking for it one night armed only with a flashlight.

LOL, I didn't find the Foulke Monster but I found something just as shocking. The noise in the woods I was hearing wasn't the Foulke Monster, but my brother and his wife, how shall I say this, a gettin' it on. That was the last thing I was expecting to find. I wouldn't have been more shocked if I had actually seen the Foulke Monster.

SSR Team

Hahaha serious Rock ?

That's insane, perfectly good, clean, non critter infested homes for that sort of thing..;)

True story, happened about 1978 on a deer lease around 5 miles from Fouke Arkansas. I was actually hoping to find the Fouke Monster (though I honestly figured what I was hearing was racoons or hogs) so technically, I was squatchin'. That means I was squatchin' when squatchin' wasn't cool.

Edited by Rockape
  • Upvote 1

Rockape, that story of your brother was hilarious! A play on words for the Fouke Monster came to mind😉.

As for 3 toes, I checked Lyle Blackburn's book The Beast of Boggy Creek and he has a chapter about the toe issue. He says the majority of the good tracks were 3 toed. It could be because Willie Smith's soy bean field trackway was 3 toed, but I'm thinking the Ford house track may have been as well. That's where I got that info. I'd love to visit the area even just for nostalgia. Hopefully not when your brother is camping!

Oh, we had fun with the Fouke word. I told everyone back in camp I found the Fouke monster, he's out in the woods Fouking. My brother was known as the Fouke monster for awhile.

• Upvote 2

I'd love to visit the area even just for nostalgia.

It's seems quite different to how it was then, what with the newer highway that runs parallel to the old road. I must admit I was somewhat disappointed when I went there. I thought it would 'feel' different to how it did. Still, was cool going there as Boggy Creek was a fave of mine since a kid.

I haven't been there since that time in '78 so it was still very rural then. Don't know what it looks like now but I doubt it's really changed that much. I remember going into Fouke for supplies, ice, stuff like that. I only remember one small store. I talked to the guy running the store about the Fouke Monster, asked something like has anyone seen it lately, he just sort of laughed it off.

Are there photos anywhere of those three toed prints? It's been a long time since I saw them, though I did watch the movie not long ago.