Campsite Destroyed (2)

masterbarber

Getting back to my earlier question whichever way we choose to believe or label them whether bipedal beings,  wild animals or not, they’re still wild and need to be left alone or contained, and public needs to be reminded of the fact in similar fashion as any other wild animal such as elk, moose, bear, wolves etc. or do they?  So what is the meaningful difference in public warnings from automotive or weather to cigarette or sugars in food or even film ratings than oft possibility of missing people; given the reach and frequency of exposure of each what then is different about Bigfoot/Sasquatch awareness? 

Seems like there was an aircrewman's guide put out by the mllitary at one time that listed sasquatches as something they might run across in the PNW.

I've heard that claim on coast to coast and maybe some sasquatch podcasts too. Have you ever found whether the claim is true?

Thanks for the link, but what I meant was has any here seen or does anyone here have the manual? For me, the article is an interesting start. But I'm not one who would take that as proof. I have to think that someone would have the manual as a novelty if nothing else.

Shaping Environmental Awareness

The United States Army Corps of Engineers Environmental Advisory Board

1970-1980

U.S. Army Corps of Engineer - Seattle District and Washington updated a document for the Institute for Environmental Studies and it picked up and published The Government Printing Office printed on January 1975, as the Washington Environmental Atlas setting itself aside from previous publications by adding mention of Sasquatch/ Bigfoot, which was described as “handsome†and received wide acclaim.

“Sasquatch, or Bigfoot, who, if not mythical, was certainly an endangered species.† 

Source:  c3, pp23

http://www.publications.usace.army.mil/Portals/76/Publications/EngineerPamphlets/EP_870-1-10.pdf

Edited by Gumshoeye

I believe, posted here on this forum somewhere, is a Corp of Engineers map with local animals pictured and one is a bigfoot. The authenticity is questionable, but it's here somewhere.

I believe, posted here on this forum somewhere, is a Corp of Engineers map with local animals pictured and one is a bigfoot. The authenticity is questionable, but it's here somewhere.

Cool Rockape, I'll look about a bit. GumShoe, thanks also. The quote is certainly a bit more equivocal but fun nonetheless.

I believe that BFRO had the original document at one time but it seems to have been taken down now.

I believe that BFRO had the original document at one time but it seems to have been taken down now.

was that pre or post moneymaker's take over of the organization?

OK, here's a partial photo of the map I mentioned...

402488.jpg

Story is, if I recall correctly, the person who was hired to create the map was contacted and said he included various species described to him by residents of that area while researching what to include on the map. Sasquatch was one of the ones mentioned often so he included it.

I have no idea of the validity of any of this.

OK, here's a partial photo of the map I mentioned...

402488.jpg

Story is, if I recall correctly, the person who was hired to create the map was contacted and said he included various species described to him by residents of that area while researching what to include on the map. Sasquatch was one of the ones mentioned often so he included it.

I have no idea of the validity of any of this.

It seems plausible enough but like you say, who knows for sure. Neat map though, thanks!!!

was that pre or post moneymaker's take over of the organization?

^^^ That I am not sure of ... I know I seen it there in the past, but it's no longer there now.

Edited by Gumshoeye

Gum, I googled "Corp of Engineers Bigfoot Map" and found that map in an old thread at the BFRO forum. Maybe that's where you saw it originally, that is if the map in post #26 is the same one you are referring to. So it was in the BFRO forum, not on the website.

Edited by Rockape