Campsite Destroyed (2)

masterbarber

Camp, Human Killed, Aggression

1943 January Ruby, AK
Man is alleged attacked and later dies near DeWilde’s Camp.
Bigfoot Encounters

Just a thought, if the Jim Garrett story were true, is possible those campers were hunters or poachers?  

Hunter, Human Killed, Tracks

1949 January Kenia, AK
Tracks discovered, signs of struggle, hunters found mutilated at Portlock Bay.
Bigfoot Encounters

I know folks will doubt something very incredible if they have not personally experienced it for themselves, that's just human nature. With that said, I have been fortunate enough to have observed these highly elusive subjects on multiple occasions and not once did I feel personally threatened ( Was growled at once and backed off). Their activity expressed a level of cognitive thinking and intellect much like ours.

That being said, there are the good, the bad and ugly in our social structure and places in our cities where you wouldn't want to be even in the daylight. If these subjects are as close to us as I personally feel they are, there are places in our wooded areas you have no business being in plain and simple. Even well armed hunters who don't believe these subjects exist have been driven out of areas and couldn't understand exactly what was going on at that time.

If it doesn't feel right out there, it probably isn't is my two cents on this...

I don't even think they have to close to us, in most higher functioning species you will find individuals that display more aggressive tendencies than others.  Most if not all social species have an Alpha that is presumable more aggressive than the rest to maintain its stature and protect the family.  Also you said earlier, the shunned individuals were more than likely not following the social structure of the group and may be acting in an aggressive manner to showcase it's dominance since it no longer has the protection of the group. 

Vocals, Campsite Destroyed

1996 January Bostwick Inlet, AK
Nephew and uncle report vocalization by creek and return to find camp vandalized.
IBS #3645 (Alley, R.  2003.  Raincoast Sasquatch)

OK, here's a partial photo of the map I mentioned...

402488.jpg

Story is, if I recall correctly, the person who was hired to create the map was contacted and said he included various species described to him by residents of that area while researching what to include on the map. Sasquatch was one of the ones mentioned often so he included it.

I have no idea of the validity of any of this.

Does anyone happen to know when that map was published?

Not sure is if anyone would know how to track down the publisher for military training material at the time, might be in some records of some sort that are freely accessible.  The publisher may still own some of the original prints. 

Hello LFE,

I think that's been around at least since late 1970s if I'm not mistaken but it would definitely be something I'd like to get my claws into.  

^^^

Well that answers that, looks like 1973 for the map and 1975 thanks Hiflier. I can’t read all the hand written information above the article but it’s very impressive.

And yet some more noise from the Sam Houston National Park, the place where Bob Garrett reminded us the strange and bizarre took pace.

YEAR: 2015

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: March

DATE: 14

STATE: Texas

COUNTY: Montgomery County

NEAREST TOWN: New Waverly

OBSERVED: We were fishing off the bridge on the backside of Conroe. It was around 1:30 to 2 am. We had been fishing and listening to coyotes on the move. Then all of a sudden it happened the Howl we looked at each other and said what was that. What we heard sounded like the typical Bigfoot Howl. It scared my wife. She was ready to go right then.

ALSO NOTICED: After the howl the Coyotes shut up

OTHER WITNESSES: 3

OTHER STORIES: No my First

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 1:30 to 2:00 am

ENVIRONMENT: National Forest, River, Oxbows

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Michael Janakes:

Spoke with witness on the phone. I am very familiar with the area they were fishing - many reports come from the same area. This was also the area the very active 2013 BFRO expedition was held.
Witness says he, his wife and friends have been coming out fishing in this spot for years without hearing or seeing anything unusual. As he says in his narrative, they had heard coyotes and lots of owls, when out of nowhere came a long, loud howl. He described it as 5-10 seconds long and of a single tone. He could not see what made the howl, but he felt it was several hundred yards up river (north), and on or close to the bank. After the howl they heard nothing else, and the forest went silent. Coyotes and owls stopped. Witness says they were definitely intimidated, but not so much that he won't go back again.
For the record, this area is unfortunately also very active with people doing their own private investigations. Some of those investigators make extremely convincing howls. I did take the time to check with the investigators that I'm aware of in the area and found that none of them were there that night, lending further credence. BFRO

F

Fishing, Vocals

Report # 48243  (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, March 18, 2015.

Possible howl heard in the Sam Houston NF while fishing near New Waverly

• 2 weeks later...

I have done my own research and there is no way any form of animal attack occurred in Sam Houston National Forest that required hospitalization during the time frame of the video.  In fact, the whole thing looks like a bunch of drunk campers had their tent too close to the fire, had a fight for whatever reason (drunk?).

There are definitely animal tracks in that site but they aren't BF.  Also, the broken trees appear to be the result of weather that came through at an earlier juncture.

I am amused and saddened by the cult-like status the Sasquatch Chronicles podcast has become, even more so than I am amused and saddened that Dr. J gets any form of media attention.  I suspect Bob Garrett may have been questioned by authorities for taking the video, even though there is no obvious crime scene there. There were no charges, no incident report. That is why there is no trace of the event on official channels but hacking into his computer did not happen in my view.  I think Mr. Garrett wanted a way out of the commitments to doing his radio show and BF research for whatever reason.  The whole chain of events makes no sense, has so many giant holes of obvious fabrication it's astonishing.  It is one tall tale after another and thankfully, the research I have done was not a big investment in time.  If Garrett did not want out then I have no idea what the motivations would be to come up with this giant fairy tale.

Edited by Wingman

I have done my own research and there is no way any form of animal attack occurred in Sam Houston National Forest that required hospitalization during the time frame of the video.  In fact, the whole thing looks like a bunch of drunk campers had their tent too close to the fire, had a fight for whatever reason (drunk?).

There are definitely animal tracks in that site but they aren't BF.  Also, the broken trees appear to be the result of weather that came through at an earlier juncture.

I am amused and saddened by the cult-like status the Sasquatch Chronicles podcast has become, even more so than I am amused and saddened that Dr. J gets any form of media attention.  I suspect Bob Garrett may have been questioned by authorities for taking the video, even though there is no obvious crime scene there. There were no charges, no incident report. That is why there is no trace of the event on official channels but hacking into his computer did not happen in my view.  I think Mr. Garrett wanted a way out of the commitments to doing his radio show and BF research for whatever reason.  The whole chain of events makes no sense, has so many giant holes of obvious fabrication it's astonishing.  It is one tall tale after another and thankfully, the research I have done was not a big investment in time.  If Garrett did not want out then I have no idea what the motivations would be to come up with this giant fairy tale.

^^BRAVO!

Guest ChasingRabbits

Lots of information gathering policies were brought up in part 1 of this thread, including

1. 911 call records: These calls are not kept forever and ever. In  Houston, they are purged after 6 months (http://www.houstontx.gov/police/public_information.htm). I have not been able to find the purge policy for Hardin County, TX where the incident allegedly took place. If Hardin county has the same 6 months record purge as Houston, it's unlikely an FIOA request will result in anything.

2. Hospital records: the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 forbids hospitals/clinics/private medical offices/health care providers to release medical information to non-covered entities unless the hospital/clinic/private medical offices/healthcare providers have expressed/written consent of the patient and/or the patient's representative (https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/chapter-7/subchapter-XI/part-C). Moreover illegally released medical information results in hefty fines (https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/1320d-6 and http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/enforcement/examples/jointbreach-agreement.html). Therefore, it's unlikely the hospital will release medical records or medical information unless they have the consent of the patient/patient's representative.

3. Public information exemptions: Contrary to popular belief, requesting certain public information(ex. "informer's privilege") does not guarantee its release. Here's the Texas Attorney General's Public Information Handbook  (https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/files/og/publicinfo_hb.pdf).

I'm posting this not to criticize your efforts, but so you do not commit the error of assuming that hospitals/doctors/nurses/EMTs can indiscriminately release medical information to anyone who wants it, 911 calls are kept forever and will always be accessible,  and that the government (federal or state) will release all public information.

Edited by ChasingRabbits