Hunt Of The Century

norseman

*Hypothetical, lets have some fun with this*

Bill Gates being the Pacific NW Billionaire entreprenuer that he is has just decided to fund the biggest Sasquatch hunt of the century. And he has called you to lead the expedition! He wants to know the following things before he writes the check to fund you and he asks for physical proof of the creature existence (Dna, bone, tissue) Anything short of that will be considered a failure.

1) Where will you go? What area in north America gives you the best shot at proving the creatures existence?

2) What gear will you be taking and what strategies will you be deploying?

3) How costly will it be?

4) How long will it take?

5) How many people will you be bringing with you and what positions will they fill?

6) Whom will you be bringing with you?

Discuss!

• Upvote 1

Hello Norseman,

SO AM I DANGIT! Ok, to start, The expedition will cost 2 million and last 8 months. For starters, 6 UNI-MOG's at the eastern base of Mt. St Helen's in a semi circle extending from the Northeastern base to the Southeastern base. Eighteen armed men-two in each vehicle with six on horseback. And that's just the basics.

Edited by hiflier

1) Where will you go? What area in north America gives you the best shot at proving the creatures existence?

Somewhere in the PNW.

Camping gear and evidence collection material

Pretty danged cheap other than what they pay us.

Several years at minimum, unless we get lucky and find something sooner

5) How many people will you be bringing with you and what positions will they fill?

The least amount possible.

I wanna be safe, so Huntster for sure. You and your mules. Not sure after that. Bobo Fey (just for fun if nothing else) and Cliff Barakman, I know they'd be committed. Nathanfooter. Would probably need a rotating crew, so that's just a start.

Edited by Rockape
  • Upvote 1

Hello Norseman,SO AM I DANGIT! Ok, to start, The expedition will cost 2 million and last 8 months. For starters, 6 UNI-MOG's at the eastern base of Mt. St Helen's in a semi circle extending from the Northeastern base to the Southeastern base. Eighteen armed men-two in each vehicle with six on horseback. And that's just the basics.

So your going to be working out of the Smith creek drainage west to the base of St. Helens?

Somewhere in the PNW.

Camping gear and evidence collection material

Pretty danged cheap other than what they pay us.

Several years at minimum, unless we get lucky and find something sooner

The least amount possible.

I wanna be safe, so Huntster for sure. You and your mules. Not sure after that. Bobo Fey (just for fun if nothing else) and Cliff Barakman, I know they'd be committed. Nathanfooter. Would probably need a rotating crew, so that's just a start.

The Pacific NW is a big area, can you narrow that down for us abit?

Hello Norseman,

I was just getting going in the rough sense. In fine tuning an advance program of thermal imaging along with CO2 detectors and video on drones traversing the scout area starting in horizontal parallel patterns consisting of six drones at altitude with overlapping coverage in quarter-mile swaths an hour ahead of vehicle and horseback deployment. The idea is to inch up the mountain in straight line fashion with the end units gradually pursing closer to middle units in a corralling fashion. The drones area of coverage would become horizontally shorter but coverage of target swaths more frequent. This entire process could be repeated up to the tree line for each side of the volcano.

Equipment on the ground would consist of tactical vision equipment along with listening devices and vlf sound projection to disorient and confuse the thinking processes of creatures ahead of the advance.

All this sounds pretty brutal as if an all out assault was underway but as you say, Mr. Gates in an impatient man... ;)

Hello Norseman,

So your going to be working out of the Smith creek drainage west to the base of St. Helens?

Yes. The staging area would be in the Crane Lake area at the intersection of the 2562 Road and NF 83. Scouting each smaller peak in the area by surrounding the bases and climbimg only toward discovered targets would speed the process of "herding the quarry" into an area pre determined. If nothing is found then the move on to the base of Mt St Helens should only take about two months.

Edited by hiflier

<The Pacific NW is a big area, can you narrow that down for us abit?>

I'm not familiar enough with the PNW to be very specific, but somewhere around Mt St Helens area. I wanna find the "Mountain Devils". If they are aggressive, better chance to nab one or find something substantial.

Guest Crowlogic

I'll get this guy to lead the search,   http://www.sasquatchfootnotes.com/2015/05/04/dr-matthew-johnson-multi-dimensional-portals-and-bigfoot-dream-visitations/          Nobody get's supplied with flashlights and it'll cost Gates 190 million dollars.  50 million to keep the field party of 50 in the field for three years  and 140 million dollars to pay the gene splicing lab we found on the Chinese mainland to make us up a type specimen.  Gates will have to be satisfied with a very juvenile example.

Edited by Crowlogic

I have always thought that proponents that experience squatch frequently should go native.

Get in the woods and get it done.

If bigfoot is supposed to be "human-like" then someone should be able to live like a squatch for an extend period of time.

Sooner or later they will become so squatch like in smell and diet that they will meet at the local food sources or watering hole.

Plus the human should require less calories than a massive squatch so it should be easy.

I have never seen any one this committed but the find of the century should be worth it.

You go to Thailand like patterson. Beautiful beaches beautiful women maybe some man apes did i mention the women.

Huh?

I'll get this guy to lead the search, http://www.sasquatchfootnotes.com/2015/05/04/dr-matthew-johnson-multi-dimensional-portals-and-bigfoot-dream-visitations/ Nobody get's supplied with flashlights and it'll cost Gates 190 million dollars. 50 million to keep the field party of 50 in the field for three years and 140 million dollars to pay the gene splicing lab we found on the Chinese mainland to make us up a type specimen. Gates will have to be satisfied with a very juvenile example.

And I guess I need to be satisfied with your juvenile showing of yourself.....

I have always thought that proponents that experience squatch frequently should go native.

Get in the woods and get it done.

If bigfoot is supposed to be "human-like" then someone should be able to live like a squatch for an extend period of time.

Sooner or later they will become so squatch like in smell and diet that they will meet at the local food sources or watering hole.

Plus the human should require less calories than a massive squatch so it should be easy.

I have never seen any one this committed but the find of the century should be worth it.

Get what done exactly? Does it fall in love with you and leave the cave for surburbia happily ever after? Nevermind the fact that you'll probably die of hypothermia first? You need to google **** Dodge, bout as close as you will get.

These three dont get funding because they cannot follow directions.

Edited by norseman

Bill Gates is too old for it and so is Larry Ellison but I would like to see Larry Page as the fox in a "human fox hunt"  I'd PPV for that.

Edited by Wingman

Smith Creek drainage is a great area to look. Lots of sightings lots of evidence. But, either you or Bill Gates would have to do some fancy footwork to get that approved. It's national monument territory. :D

*Hypothetical, lets have some fun with this*

Bill Gates being the Pacific NW Billionaire entreprenuer that he is has just decided to fund the biggest Sasquatch hunt of the century. And he has called you to lead the expedition! He wants to know the following things before he writes the check to fund you and he asks for physical proof of the creature existence (Dna, bone, tissue) Anything short of that will be considered a failure.

Discuss!

1) SE Alaska

2) a. One 100 ft diesel powered tug converted into a living quarters and command and control center, plus heli pad.

b. Three 24 ft custom weld jet boats outfitted with Yanmar diesels.

c. One Bell Ranger helo rigged for suspension lifts

d. one tracked argo vehicle

e. individual gear lists and expedition supplies to follow.

Overall strategy will be to move along the thousands of fjords in salt water and cast out from the primary vessel two recon teams looking for sign of creature with a QRF held in reserve to be used to reinforce either recon team or to be used as a blocking force inserted by jet boat or helo ahead of the pursuit. Primary objective is to secure a body by shooting one on sight, with secondary objective to collect items deemed of importance by team Biologist (hair, scat, blood, etc).

Helo will be utilized for insertion and extraction of personnel as well as aerial recon and ferrying of supplies. The CC vessel will be equipped with power optics and night vision capabilities with a 24 hour watch of coastline. Argo vehicle will be deployed along coast lines and river deltas or any logging roads encountered for terrestrial travel when necessary. Most patrols will be done on foot.

3 and 4) 5 year mission Approx. 50 million total budget

5 and 6) Captain, Medical officer, Biologist, Helo pilot, three deck hands and a cook would man CC vessel plus a four man QRF. Recon teams would consist of four members each adding up to 20 members of the expedition when fully staffed.

Edited by norseman