Hunt Of The Century

norseman

SSR Team

Find hotspots and seasonal clusters first, only of which have occurred in the last 10 to 15 years max via me.

Get a team together of 4-6 people that are real tight and are prepared to do round the clock 8 hour stints in a specific area at a specific time of year.

Costs will be low where Mr Gates is concerned.

$5k each to each team member per month wages to feed their family whilst their away, field equipment which doesn't need to be overly excessive, base camp within 2 miles in pre determined location.

Human bait in a tent just going about their business is used at the same place every single night throughout the summer, a sniper in a tree is positioned in a safe position with an unobstructed shot as far away as possible and as high up as possible.

No cameras at all.

It will be in the Southern Cascades of WA State.

• Upvote 1

BobbyO, I'll volunteer to be bait. Always wanted to spend the whole summer out there anyway. But as long as Mr. Gates is footing the bill, go for it! :D

SSR Team

I should add, the costs of my project would be give you change out of $150k USD for x 4 months of solid project, fully documented.

I truly believe that would give you your voucher specimen quicker than any body would think but would want a budget for $35k per month no matter what and could add Fall in to it which I believe would then greatly increase the chances of the objective being met quicker.

And is say that as I believe I can nail the right area.

I'd look to recruit people who are outdoorsmen/woodsmen who have had a definitive Sasquatch encounter so they wouldn't be freaked if/when the time came, who would preferably have experience of hunting in the PNW from a tree stand, me, Norseman, those two/three guys and BigTree in the tent, and we are rocking..;)

• Upvote 1

Spend a few hundred thousand on a ad campaign offering 250K for say, the hand- and you make no claims on anything else.  Target big game hunters at the start of seasons.   Now you have 500K in the field instead of 6...

Guest OntarioSquatch

Before anything goes into action, there needs to be a strategy on what to do if the other Sasquatch try to retrieve the body before the team does. Without that, the first specimen is probably going to go to waste along with the efforts of the team.

Hello OntarioSquatch,

I would give the order to keep advancing and direct aerial surveillance into a one mile wing to wing radial pattern centered on the kill site. In the meantime the general approach would cover a half mile either side of the target's initial location and advance in a horseshoe pattern. once the perimeter is secured then blood and hair samples along with other trace evidence such as prints or tissue would be collected. Efforts at video from the ground and the air after the kill should capture the images of a body as well as it's removal. Movement of a group of two or three involved in muscling a 3-500 lb comrade into hiding would only make the job easier. The CO2 detectors on the drones would see concentrated elevated levels as the byproduct of the exertion. 

Hopefully the operation would never get to that point. This isn't an eradication project, it's a fact finding mission so there will opportunity to say we have enough to prove existence even in a protracted sense one enough physical evidence is gathered. Anything up to ONE body will suffice. If it looks like a group of animals needs to be taken to secure the one body then the effort gets halted on the spot. The group will be left unmolested. This isn't an "at-all-costs" mission. It's an assault on the habitat yes, but the Prime Directive is to conduct the operation humanely. It is after a science expedition even if conducted with as much military precision as possible to reduce the amount of disruptive, invasive encroachment time within the habitat. I said 8 months which I think should extend September through April.

I say the Mt. St. Helens eastern basin and slope but this kind of operation could address most mountainous locations with adjustments for connecting saddle terrain.  

Hello WSA,

It is hypothetically Bill Gates' baby. Legal fees would be no object. Wanna scale this way back? Put the money on determining the validity of the so-called Meganthropus tooth in Santa Cruz and then, if verified, follow up on how it got here and then finding the rest of the bones..

Edited by hiflier

Guest OntarioSquatch

Safety may also be a concern. The NAWAC has noticed that Sasquatch get aggressive when they think another one of their own kind is in danger. There's always at least one or two watching everything they do without giving away their position, so who knows how many there could be in just one area. With that in mind, I think collecting a specimen is something that should be done by a team of people, not a single individual.

I would go see Justin S. and get a sample of his original BF flesh and take to Mr. Gates to have his people check it out.

Then, after he comes back all excited would lay out the action plan with it to take at least 12 months for success and to do it up right $7 million will cover the tab.

Justin and I would then play around in the PNW for ~a year and then report back that unfortunately the sample he received was apparently from the last one of their kind.

Then, Justin and I would split the remainder of the $7 million and have a happy life.

BFF Patron

Heck Justin S. was ready to sell a member a part of the "steak" for 10 grand.  You must jest. 

Safety may also be a concern. The NAWAC has noticed that Sasquatch get aggressive when they think another one of their own kind is in danger. There's always at least one or two watching everything they do without giving away their position, so who knows how many there could be in just one area. With that in mind, I think collecting a specimen is something that should be done by a team of people, not a single individual.

^old news, and understatement of the year, not an invention of NAWAC no matter how good they are, the CO2  approach may have much merit admitttedly

also use of native american Apache-blooded trackers would be nice and a close approach using a taser like device for DNA sampling in case the brood hauls away the bodies along with several SF ones, http://gizmodo.com/5278920/judge-rules-its-legal-to-taser-someone-for-dna-sample-as-long-as-its-not-done-maliciously , as a matter of fact New Mexico/Arizona Apache territory may be a good site as well as below

go for the Sasquatch triangle, MSH, Adams and Rainier drainage confluences, 8-18 months, no former prospectors need apply, haha

funded at 35K per expert per annum plus, I use the term expert loosely but "battle-tested" in BobbyO's definition works for me

Edited by bipedalist

Before anything goes into action, there needs to be a strategy on what to do if the other Sasquatch try to retrieve the body before the team does. Without that, the first specimen is probably going to go to waste along with the efforts of the team.

That would be easy, just document the event with a video and I'm sure that would be proof enough for even the most hardcore sceptics. Video of 3 Sasquatches carrying away a bleeding, injured or dead Sasquatch would be impossible for even Bob Heironimus to hoax :D

On a serious note, surely the best way is to have a lived in camp or hut in the region of activity as a base all year round that small groups can scout from. I'd use tree stands near game trails and at water sources and would consider tagging a known group of deer in the area from which you'll be able to ascertian when one gets predated and where and also you would know their patterns and routes. If you want to find a predator like a great white shark, you don't look for great whites per se, you find their prey such as seals and then follow those until a shark predates one or you can lure one in.

I'd use high tech cameras that give off as little IR light and noise as possible and place them high in trees and camouflaged near water sources or areas where the deer/elk etc. gather. I'd also use horses to track where possible as their noise and smell could help mask us pesky humans.

I'm not sure millions have to be spent, the key for me is getting eyes in position for an extended period of time not just a day here or a day there. Good luck to everyone who is trying to prove the existence as I'd really love to see this creature if it exists in my lifetime!

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

Good post, it's why I spend time these days looking at Deer and Elk in the PNW and the GMU's that are yielding the best results, why, how and when.

Guest OntarioSquatch

That would be easy, just document the event with a video and I'm sure that would be proof enough for even the most hardcore sceptics. Video of 3 Sasquatches carrying away a bleeding, injured or dead Sasquatch would be impossible for even Bob Heironimus to hoax :D

I'm sure that would be compelling. It's just that it won't establish Sasquatch as a species. Bigfoot in general look very much like people in suits, so I personally don't think video evidence would qualify as a form of scientific proof. There's also really good computer animation technology now which could possibly cast further doubts. Getting a specimen is really the only option if one is going to prove anything.

I'm sure that would be compelling. It's just that it won't establish Sasquatch as a species. Bigfoot in general look very much like people in suits, so I personally don't think video evidence would qualify as a form of scientific proof. There's also really good computer animation technology now which could possibly cast further doubts. Getting a specimen is really the only option if one is going to prove anything.

True that it wouldn't classify a species per se but I'm sure it would cause a huge stir and primatologists and the like would be flocking to try and name the creature.

Even ardent sceptics would I'm sure be convinced by that type of video evidence - If, for example a real event took place where a creature was shot and wounded but 3 other animals came to it's rescue, there is no way this could conceivably be hoaxed sufficiently to fool people familiar with animals. Take a look at Planet of the Apes and how much was spent on those movies for realistic effects and it's quite clear to anyone watching with a fair knowledge of animals that they are not 'real'. Video evidence of an encounter like this would be proof beyond reasonable doubt and would be the doorway to allow full scientific study - a means to and end if you like.