Bigfoot: Does It Exist? Or Not?

Bonehead74

Bodhi, you're responding to a guy who has had a bigfoot leave a big steaming pile of feces in the middle of a trail as a very clear message.

Great, which lab did the testing? Where were the results published?

Right.  I was fourteen at the time, had tried to interact with a pregnant female about an hour earlier, and as a result got stalked and intimidated by three males.  Under the circumstances I was more concerned with other things and really didn't know at the time that there were people who actually study feces.  And yes, there have been analyses of bigfoot feces over the years.  Generally the conclusion is that they don't match any known species.  The best that provides is more probable cause under the circumstances.

Edited by JDL
  • Upvote 1

So? Where is your evidence? Where is the testing reports? A fresh pile of scat is an excellent source of dna. What happened to this amazing source of proof for the monster? You are making a claim of finding the thing which would prove the monster and so I am wondering why sasquatch isn't now a recognized animal.

Bodhi, you're responding to a guy who has had a bigfoot leave a big steaming pile of feces in the middle of a trail as a very clear message.

Great, which lab did the testing? Where were the results published?

Right.  I was fourteen at the time, had tried to interact with a pregnant female about an hour earlier, and as a result got stalked and intimidated by three males.  Under the circumstances I was more concerned with other things and really didn't know at the time that there were people who actually study feces.  And yes, there have been analyses of bigfoot feces over the years.  Generally the conclusion is that they don't match any known species.

Ohhhh.... woulda', coulda', shoulda'. 

Oldest story in the world man. Can I tell you about the 12 foot trout I almost caught last year, I juuuuust got it up to the boat and was gonna take a picture but dang it, my batteries ran out.... :onthequiet:

Dude, you're as Google capable as I am.  Your complete lack of effort indicates a complete lack of interest in doing anything other than sniping.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=bigfoot%20feces&form=EDGENT&qs=PF&cvid=0b53c18722ab4b3c80f7b29792a2fc2f&pq=bigfoot%20feces&PC=DCTE

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/46905-sasquatch-feces/

Edited by JDL
  • Upvote 1

Not really sure why anyone doesn't see, and question, the attitude "this isn't real; we decided that when our mommies told us; so we aren't going to waste time testing what our mommies told us."

Happens in science...All.The.Time.

Can anyone here not really see the silliness in asking where all the corroboration is...from people who clearly cannot be bothered with anything not conforming to what they want to know?  I mean,  really?

Peer review is essential in science.  Which does not keep it from constantly being the biggest impediment to the advancement of science.  Peer review, believe it or not, is not inconsistent with an open mind.

Edited by DWA

DWA, I am well acquainted with the evidence, I am just not impressed by it. If the evidence is so convincing, then why does the world, at large, remain unconvinced?

The pretty obvious answer, when one reads what the "world at large" has to say about this, is - as I have said many times here - they are unaware of it.  Totally.  Not only is your average Joe not paying attention to anything but maybe the P/G, which he's seen, like, once (or, God forbid, Finding Bigfoot), but no scientist pronouncing negatively on this topic has said anything worthy of a scientist.  They cite the fossil record, which should be a nonstarter if you're a scientist.  They talk about anecdotes not being evidence, when they are used that way all the time, in all the sciences.  They show that they have paid no attention to the trackway evidence.  They have no rational reason that they can express to doubt P/G.  Their objections are a continuous stream of incredulous non sequiturs.

There's no surprise here, as it happens in science all the freaking time.  

And all the bigfoot proponents in the world could so easily prove all those nasty, scoffing scientists wrong with some...actual..evidence.

But no, that does not happen, does it? It's better to wave bigfoot stories around like they matter and chide scientists for not chasing after fairy tales.

Edited by dmaker

And how many people who stumble across a trackway are prepared to follow something obviously massive and potentially dangerous for miles deep into the wilderness?

I'll tell you how prepared this one was.  We were on no road no trail.  The old road in which we found the tracks was not in any current use for any reason, that was plain.  (Logging roads frequently return to the wild when the logging's done.)  And the trackway looked old and even though I don't remember my exact thoughts, I am dead sure I didn't expect to find what was at the end of them.

Nor am I sure I would have wanted to.  Three-quarters to an inch deep in stuff we weren't denting with lug soles and heavy packs.

DWA, sorry, but given how much bigfoot is on your brain, and your less than stellar evidence sussing skills demonstrated back in April of this year, I am not going to put much stock in anything you think is bigfoot evidence.

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

I guess you've read a little further down by now.  No response to post #382?

No, I am sick to death of responding to nonsense that skeptics are uncomfortable with the idea of bigfoot.

Edited by dmaker

JDL,

I wanted a link to these studies that found the unknown scat. Instead of just binging bigfoot feces for us could you be a bit more specific?

So now you're complaining that I gave you access to an entire thread that discusses the existence of and pros and cons of fecal samples? 

• Upvote 1

I think the point being that, without supporting evidence,  no one can even know for a fact that there was any poop to begin with. Much less it being from an unclassified animal. Again, this highlights the problems inherent in anecdotal evidence. 

Should we spend an hour discussing poop that might, or might not have, even existed, that may have been dropped from an animal that may, or may not, exist? 

When responding, bear in mind that you are talking to a guy who had a brontosaurus  drop a dump in my path when I was 12.  All I saw was the poop, mind you, but I was pretty sure at the time it was a bronto.  It was a big load of BS.   Maybe they're extinct now.

Edited by dmaker

JDL,

I wanted a link to these studies that found the unknown scat. Instead of just binging bigfoot feces for us could you be a bit more specific?

So now you're complaining that I gave you access to an entire thread that discusses the existence of and pros and cons of fecal samples? 

You've given him *work* and *thinking* to do.  He doesn't want that.

See, this is why scientists don't care what the hell we think.  They'll publish the results when they're ready and 'til then...do your own thinking.

Edited by DWA

I think the point being that, without supporting evidence,  no one can even know for a fact that there was any poop to begin with. Much less it being from an unclassified animal. Again, this highlights the problems inherent in anecdotal evidence. 

Should we spend an hour discussing poop that might, or might not have, even existed, that may have been dropped from an animal that may, or may not, exist? 

When responding, bear in mind that you are talking to a guy who had a T-Rex drop a dump in my path when I was 12.  Tread cautiously...

oh lord... Now I have to clean the coffee off of my keyboard.... drats!!