Bigfoot: Does It Exist? Or Not?

Bonehead74

^^^^^^^

Ask Roguefooter......

This is where the UFO conversation started:

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/52059-bigfoot-does-it-exist-or-not/page-12#entry924639

This is the Aliens vs Bigfoot' claim that I responded to:

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/52059-bigfoot-does-it-exist-or-not/?p=924661

Thanks for pointing the finger though and allowing me to clear up the false accusation.

Why can't the discusson of BigFooT stay on topic without derailing into fringe topics like ufo's?

Bigfoot is considered a fringe topic just like Aliens (not UFO's). Neither has any grounding in scientific fact at this point.

If the question of Bigfoot's existence is in debate then it's only natural for comparisons to be made. As much as people want Bigfoot to be immune from other cryptids or paranormal beings, the comparison will always be there until something more scientifically tangible comes along to pull Bigfoot out of that category.

How can one KNOW that something does not exist?

By being a person who has never seen one of these creatures in the wild and accepting they do not exist. Which is where I am not willing to accept and will not until the truth is out. They exist and I have accepted it and it does not matter if any body else does not want to. The truth will always be on my side no matter how many times people try to hide it.

^^^^^^^

Ask Roguefooter......

This is where the UFO conversation started:

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/52059-bigfoot-does-it-exist-or-not/page-12#entry924639

This is the Aliens vs Bigfoot' claim that I responded to:

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/52059-bigfoot-does-it-exist-or-not/?p=924661

Thanks for pointing the finger though and allowing me to clear up the false accusation.

Nothing false about it, your the standard bearer to this line of logic in this thread. I didnt realize Dmaker had gone on vacation though.

Either way its a bad comparison.

Edited by norseman

I disagree, Norse. DWA said that there is nothing like this that science has not confirmed. Well, alien visitation is quite similar to bigfoot insofar as the types and amount of evidence available (i.e. strong emphasis on anecdotes and numerous proven hoaxes, fakes and mistakes), and it has not been confirmed either.  You may disagree, but the similarities seem strikingly obvious to me. 

Edited by dmaker

It's not similar......UFO MEANS Unidentified flying object. Our military and nasa has a whole FLEET of them. It's called top secret. No evidence for ET's......plenty of evidence of UFO.

If you wanna compare apples to apples? Stick with cryptozoology.

I never said UFO, I said alien visitation.

People claim physical and telepathic contact with X

There are thousands of encounter anecdotes of X

There is a long history of hoaxing involved with X

Many claim historical support for X can be seen in the legends of North Americas indigenous peoples.

Several phds have spoken out in favor of X

Not one piece of alleged physical evidence has been linked to X

etc, etc,

Replace X with bigfoot or alien visitation and each sentence remains accurate.

Edited by dmaker

They are intertwined. If people claim aliens are coming down in ships and abducting them, and we evidence of UFOs flying around our airspace?

Do you see the problem?

We have none of this with Bigfoot. It's much more clear cut.

Edited by norseman

I don't see the problem. Both phenomena have people claiming to see or interact with corporeal beings for which there is no scientific evidence. 

"Know" is a relative term.  Nobody knows in the purest sense if bigfoot does not exist.  But there is something called the educated guess and this is how many questions of knowing and  not knowing are answered.  If I knew nothing about bigfoot lore and bigfoot history I would be likely to say something like "anything's possible".  But after having been exposed to the issue over a substantial length of time I can weigh it either positively or negatively for than matter.  You know this, we all know this, we all know the concept of the "educated guess."  

So perhaps it' better to say ,  "I know that each and every piece of evidence I've seen has not been suitably good enough to allow me to draw a positive conclusion in favor of bigfoot existing.

By being a person who has never seen one of these creatures in the wild and accepting they do not exist. Which is where I am not willing to accept and will not until the truth is out. They exist and I have accepted it and it does not matter if any body else does not want to. The truth will always be on my side no matter how many times people try to hide it.

Ok, you guys are just being stubborn.  This whole thing didn't start with a hypothetical thread.  It started with consistent reports dating back hundreds of years, including Native American history.  You can run from, rationalize, deflect, and deny; but you can't dismiss the fact that a body of evidence exists.  The best you can do is ignore its totality and attempt to discredit it item by item.  That takes true subjectivity (note this is the opposite of objectivity).

From my perspective, not ever having heard of such a thing as a bigfoot at the time when I first came face to face with one, I was pristinely unprepared for the reality.  At that point I learned they existed, but still didn't know what the heck they were.  And at this​ point the debate is moot to me.

What does interest me is understanding what drives your subjectivity.  What is it about the existence of bigfoot that leads you to so adamantly pursue denial that you jump into a forum about something in which you do not (want to) believe? â€‹

• Upvote 1