Where You Think Bigfoot Does Not Exist.

kitakaze

Don't know about Squatch, but coming from the Selkirks to work in the oil field out here? I was blown away to find Moose living here. Not in the numbers of back home. But evidently there is enough water and cottonwoods in some of the bottoms along the Missouri river to keep them happy.

I'm not sure where exactly the timber starts to the north of us, but this year we had smoke in north Dakota from a forest fire in Saskatchewan.

• 2 weeks later...

So Bigfoot in North Dakota is acceptable for you. Moose are a known and documented species in North Dakota...

moose-7.jpg

The Bigfoot sighting reports I posted from North Dakota have a sighting at a trailer park in New Town, ND. I do not think that sighting was a fabricated report.

It is absolutely absurd the idea that Bigfoot is a real species, comes into human communities in a place with no forest cover and remains an undocumented species. The trailer park report is from the southeast edge of New Town, ND. The southeast edge is seen in the upper left of this photo...

1368_1r20110824_AirBak_4333.jpg

That is where we are talking about Bigfoot being, and it is utterly absurd. So what is behind that rash of sightings in ND? The first sighting was at the trailer park on February 22, 2004. The next was eight miles south of the town also on the 22nd but no details were obtained. The third sighting was by two women with the "Bigfoot" being seen outside their home window on February 24, 2004 on Highway 22 eight mies southwest of Mandaree, and about 25 miles south/southwest of the initial trailer park sighting. The fourth sighting occurred on February 25 also on Highway 22 by a younger and older man. The "Bigfoot" was waking in the middle of the highway and when the vehicle came within sight of the subject, it walked of the highway and into a ditch, then out of sight. On the 26th and 27th tracks were found that were unambiguous. The went for three hundred yards along the side of Highway 22 and the returned to the pavement. People searching where the prints came off the pavement again could not find any travelling over two miles. 

The brazen nature of the sightings, the "Bigfoot" going to people's homes, walking in the middle of the highway, tracks along a highway that disappear and never reappear, this to me suggests hoaxing. Were this to be an actual Bigfoot exhibiting such behaviour and being in such an environment, there is no way Bigfoot should be unclassified. I think someone was playing Woods & Wildmen in and around New Town, ND.

• Upvote 2

The brazen nature of the sightings, the "Bigfoot" going to people's homes, walking in the middle of the highway, tracks along a highway that disappear and never reappear, this to me suggests hoaxing. Were this to be an actual Bigfoot exhibiting such behaviour and being in such an environment, there is no way Bigfoot should be unclassified. I think someone was playing Woods & Wildmen in and around New Town, ND.

Hoaxing is of course more than likely the explanation. But if you want to know if there is adequate cover to stay out of sight most of the time, there is. Grassland has a lot of cover if you are willing to lay on the ground. You could be 10 feet from a target and they would not know you were there. However, quite obviously these creatures (if we entertain that they really were there) got spotted, which should not really be all that surprising if they were around. The difference is about documentation- if they are there, why are they not documented? That is really an entirely different question! The answer is of course they never got caught.

• Upvote 1

So Bigfoot in North Dakota is acceptable for you. Moose are a known and documented species in North Dakota...

The Bigfoot sighting reports I posted from North Dakota have a sighting at a trailer park in New Town, ND. I do not think that sighting was a fabricated report.

It is absolutely absurd the idea that Bigfoot is a real species, comes into human communities in a place with no forest cover and remains an undocumented species. The trailer park report is from the southeast edge of New Town, ND. The southeast edge is seen in the upper left of this photo...

That is where we are talking about Bigfoot being, and it is utterly absurd. So what is behind that rash of sightings in ND? The first sighting was at the trailer park on February 22, 2004. The next was eight miles south of the town also on the 22nd but no details were obtained. The third sighting was by two women with the "Bigfoot" being seen outside their home window on February 24, 2004 on Highway 22 eight mies southwest of Mandaree, and about 25 miles south/southwest of the initial trailer park sighting. The fourth sighting occurred on February 25 also on Highway 22 by a younger and older man. The "Bigfoot" was waking in the middle of the highway and when the vehicle came within sight of the subject, it walked of the highway and into a ditch, then out of sight. On the 26th and 27th tracks were found that were unambiguous. The went for three hundred yards along the side of Highway 22 and the returned to the pavement. People searching where the prints came off the pavement again could not find any travelling over two miles.

In certain parts of western north Dakota? Why not. It has a low density of humans, and has a large population of big game. The Missouri Little Missouri and Yellowstone rivers are a good source of water and trees, which is enough to support a small population of Moose.

post-735-0-01540300-1443542636_thumb.jpg

Edited by norseman

A lovely photo to be sure. How about a photo of what we are actually being given here? A photo of a New Town trailer park. A photo of someone's house on Highway 22? The notion actually being proffered here is a giant unclassified primate was smack in the middle of human habitation in North Dakota, that this is something these creatures do, but dagnabit, no reliable evidence.

Have you ever actually been to the Ft. Berthold reservation? Ive worked out here for five years. Its definitely not Vancouver Island. But the Missouri river comes very close to New Town, and the little Missouri where that picture was taken dumps in just aways down stream.

I like it as more plausible than down town Chicago or Queens to be sure.

It's not Chicago or Queens, but it is human habitation nonetheless. The trailer park, the house on Highway 22, being in the middle of highway. The tracks along the highway that disappear and never reappear. To try and entertain this as really, really real Bigfoot, you have to accept behaviour of an animal coming into human habitation brazenly in which the notion of that creature being an undiscovered species is an absurdity. Coming to trailer parks and people's houses is not how you remain elusive and undetected.

Or you could refer to the actual definition...

ab·surd·i·ty

əbˈsərdədē,əbˈzərdədē/
noun

1. the quality or state of being ridiculous or wildly unreasonable.

Bigfoot existing in every state and province of North America with a greater range than that of the black bear or American crow, coming into trailer parks and to people's houses in North Dakota, yet remaining an unclassified species is an absurdity, ridiculous, wildly unreasonable.

What this thread shows is that Bigfoot enthusiasts will not have their Woods & Wildmen taken away from them because the address isn't right. Trailer parks, the middle of the desert, it's all good.

Bigfoot is everywhere yet nowhere. 

• Upvote 1

What this thread shows is that Bigfoot enthusiasts will not have their Woods & Wildmen taken away from them because the address isn't right. Trailer parks, the middle of the desert, it's all good.

----------------------

I never said that "its all good". But the middle of the desert isnt the base of the Seirras. And there is still lots of wild country left in western ND and eastern MT, thats all Im saying. Since you do not think they exist anywhere who is playing the game here?

A trailer park in New Town, ND is not wild country. A Philips 66 in Las Vegas, ND is not wild country.

I do not think Bigfoot exists anywhere. My question is to those who think it does to indicate where they think Bigfoot does not exist and why.

Belief culture views encouragement to apply critical thinking to belief as game playing. Woods & Wildmen is the game, the adult roleplaying game where you populate every corner of your land with boogeymen and view yourselves as maverick thinkers with those who don't know about those awesome beings as being sheeple or scoftic denialists. When shown something that any manner of rational thinking dictates should be discarded as absurd, it is sprinkled with the Bigfoot belief fairy dust - trees and water. Even should the sighting location be scrubs and desert, as long as somewhere nearish enough has trees and water, it gets a pass. That fairy dust allows the necessary condition to play Woods & Wildmen - the suspension of disbelief.

So where does Bigfoot not exist?

• Upvote 3

There was this place that I went to investigate, it was in Clare County, Michigan. Nothing but farming and seemed like  not really a bigfoot would even be living in this area. Real open all corn fields with small strips of forest where deer can move through. At the time that I went there they were taking down the corn so I am not sure what time of year this is. I am not a farmer I live in the city trying to learn about the farming community. Since they can be the best source for any type of answers when information is needed.

Well I can see how a creature can stay within a type of area like this. Sure it could have wondered around like what it did and leave and not be seen again. In my own opinion It seems like this is what took place , and I have no problem believing this. The other thing I have no problem believing is that these creatures have no problem tracking for miles in no time in heavy terrain. So I can just imagine in open terrain what these creatures would be capable of doing. So if the creature stuck around town was seen  a few times , managed to evade and left the area I see no problem with that at all. 

It is not Absurdity at all but very feasible if these creatures are very athletic and do not smoke or drink.

A trailer park in New Town, ND is not wild country. A Philips 66 in Las Vegas, ND is not wild country.

I do not think Bigfoot exists anywhere. My question is to those who think it does to indicate where they think Bigfoot does not exist and why.

Belief culture views encouragement to apply critical thinking to belief as game playing. Woods & Wildmen is the game, the adult roleplaying game where you populate every corner of your land with boogeymen and view yourselves as maverick thinkers with those who don't know about those awesome beings as being sheeple or scoftic denialists. When shown something that any manner of rational thinking dictates should be discarded as absurd, it is sprinkled with the Bigfoot belief fairy dust - trees and water. Even should the sighting location be scrubs and desert, as long as somewhere nearish enough has trees and water, it gets a pass. That fairy dust allows the necessary condition to play Woods & Wildmen - the suspension of disbelief.

I think we established early on in this thread. Bigfoot does not exist sadly.  I so wish it did. 

• Upvote 2