Where You Think Bigfoot Does Not Exist.

kitakaze

Bigfoot existing in every state and province of North America with a greater range than that of the black bear or American crow, coming into trailer parks and to people's houses in North Dakota, yet remaining an unclassified species is an absurdity, ridiculous, wildly unreasonable.

Remaining as an unclassified species is absurd, totally agreed, but not for the reasons you suggest.

A trailer park in New Town, ND is not wild country. A Philips 66 in Las Vegas, ND is not wild country.

Agreed, but do you base all your opinions on cherry picked data? Also, do you believe these creatures are taking up residence in a gas station parking lot or trailer park?  Or could it be that quite possibly, an animal living in the wild occassionally makes its way into more urban areas.  Has this ever happened?  Has a bear, moose, deer, lion EVER been spotted in a populated area?  Hmmm.....

Regarding ND as a whole - I know several folks in ND that have seen a BF.  Crossed the road in front of them during a snow storm in the killdeer mountains.  Also know of a tribal law enforcement officer that keeps a map with the BF sightings on his reservation.  Lots of push-pins in that map.  So, unfortunately, I would have to go with folks that live in the area.

Have you spent any time out in ND?  The grasses can get taller than humans, the Theodore Roosevelt Nat'l Park - 1 million acres.

Funny story, I was out there with my GF over 10 years ago and spotted a mountain lion.  We reported it, were told they weren't in the area.  Fast forward 10 years and they're studying a reproducing population in the very same area where we saw one.   Mountain lions, a known species, can evade detection and recognition for a long time...with witness reports being ignored.....sound familiar?

Edited by Cotter
  • Upvote 1

"I know several folks in ND that have seen a BF.  Crossed the road in front of them during a snow storm in the killdeer mountains.  Also know of a tribal law enforcement officer that keeps a map with the BF sightings on the reservation.  Lots of push-pins in that map.  So, unfortunately, I would have to go with folks that live in the area." Cotter

Technically speaking, you know several folks in ND that claim to have seen a bigfoot. You have no way of knowing what they saw as a fact.

• Upvote 2

Well, semantically speaking of course.  But that goes for anything, anybody ever says in the history of the world.  Did the Civil War ever happen?  No one living has any idea it really did.  Maybe some folks just dumped a bunch of war artifacts across the eastern seaboard and hoaxed the history books (OK, totally not the same, but I went overboard to make a point).

The difference being, I don't arm-chair quarter back them (American Football Reference) saying they hallucinated or were hoaxed.

This phenomena is alive and well in ND.  Be it a social construct spanning all religions, political affiliations, and economic standings, or a real creature.

• Upvote 1

It's not really semantics. It illustrates the difference between anecdotal evidence and scientific evidence quite nicely. Hence, why I used the opportunity to make the point. 

But I understand what your point as well. 

Carry on :)

Great, now I've got Styx Kansas running thru my mind!

Edited by Incorrigible1

Or you could refer to the actual definition...

ab·surd·i·ty

əbˈsərdədē,əbˈzərdədē/
noun

1. the quality or state of being ridiculous or wildly unreasonable.

Bigfoot existing in every state and province of North America with a greater range than that of the black bear or American crow, coming into trailer parks and to people's houses in North Dakota, yet remaining an unclassified species is an absurdity, ridiculous, wildly unreasonable.

What this thread shows is that Bigfoot enthusiasts will not have their Woods & Wildmen taken away from them because the address isn't right. Trailer parks, the middle of the desert, it's all good.

Bigfoot is everywhere yet nowhere. 

It is still nothing more than your opinion.  You are not the judge of what is absurd or not.  You bloviate upon your opinion ceaselessly on these pages, and yet that is all your ruminations are....opinions.  No facts, no proof, no authority,  just an opinionated outlook on the subject.

"No facts, no proof, no authority,  just an opinionated outlook on the subject."

Doesn't that pretty much sum up most peoples position here, enthusiast or skeptic?

• Upvote 1

A trailer park in New Town, ND is not wild country. A Philips 66 in Las Vegas, ND is not wild country.

I do not think Bigfoot exists anywhere. My question is to those who think it does to indicate where they think Bigfoot does not exist and why.

Belief culture views encouragement to apply critical thinking to belief as game playing. Woods & Wildmen is the game, the adult roleplaying game where you populate every corner of your land with boogeymen and view yourselves as maverick thinkers with those who don't know about those awesome beings as being sheeple or scoftic denialists. When shown something that any manner of rational thinking dictates should be discarded as absurd, it is sprinkled with the Bigfoot belief fairy dust - trees and water. Even should the sighting location be scrubs and desert, as long as somewhere nearish enough has trees and water, it gets a pass. That fairy dust allows the necessary condition to play Woods & Wildmen - the suspension of disbelief.

So where does Bigfoot not exist?

How do you make such blanket statements and sleep at night? So because Yellowstone or Banff has apartment buildings that nullifies their status as wilderness?

People stereotype all the time, its how our brain unfortunately works. When I tell people I'm from Washington state they immediately comment that it rains there all the time..... When people think of North Dakota they think of flat farms fields. When people think of Nevada they think of flat scorched earth, when in fact the largest grove of Aspen trees in the world resides there.

Remember the puzzle maps we got as kids? With each state having maybe one or two features put on the map? Washington had apples and fish....Texas had cows and oil. People it would seem take this incredibly simplified view of the USA to heart.

I've traveled the USA alot. And one thing that never ceases to amaze me is that I learn something new each time I travel. And preconceptions are broken...... Was in the black hills for the first time this year, I had a few buttes and a few ponderosa pine sprinkled about, boy was I wrong.

As far as your wilds and woodsman JREF jibberish I could care less. I pack a rifle that shoots real bullets with me to my haunts. If I see it Im going to drop it......it really is that simple.

• Upvote 1

"No facts, no proof, no authority,  just an opinionated outlook on the subject."

Doesn't that pretty much sum up most peoples position here, enthusiast or skeptic?

You are absolutely correct.

It is still nothing more than your opinion.  You are not the judge of what is absurd or not.  You bloviate upon your opinion ceaselessly on these pages, and yet that is all your ruminations are....opinions.  No facts, no proof, no authority,  just an opinionated outlook on the subject.

Actually, as a sane, responsible and productive member of society, I absolutely get to be the judge of what is absurd, though granted flexibility exists.

Hipster beards, stretched ear lobes and neck tattoos? Absurd.

Easily explained. You look like ISIS, no woman (or man) ever wants to kiss your Nigeria Manson drooping fail, that rose and anaconda on your neck will be there forever, should you be able to imagine any need for employment outside this decade. 

Gavin here feels otherwise...

5d8a813f89b01f38bc5fa497d0b6c5d0.jpg

Bigfoot trailer park North Dakota unclassified species. Absurd. One of the largest land mammals in North America living in every state and province, coming into trailer parks, people's houses, etc, and being unknown to science is not only absurd, if that is the world you live in and you think that is reasonable, you're making Gavin look conservative.

Feel free to explain why it's not absurd.

• Upvote 1

Actually, as a sane, responsible and productive member of society, I absolutely get to be the judge of what is absurd, though granted flexibility exists.

Hipster beards, stretched ear lobes and neck tattoos? Absurd.

Easily explained. You look like ISIS, no woman (or man) ever wants to kiss your Nigeria Manson drooping fail, that rose and anaconda on your neck will be there forever, should you be able to imagine any need for employment outside this decade. 

Gavin here feels otherwise...

5d8a813f89b01f38bc5fa497d0b6c5d0.jpg

Bigfoot trailer park North Dakota unclassified species. Absurd. One of the largest land mammals in North America living in every state and province, coming into trailer parks, people's houses, etc, and being unknown to science is not only absurd, if that is the world you live in and you think that is reasonable, you're making Gavin look conservative.

Feel free to explain why it's not absurd.

To Gavin, you are the one that is absurd.  Do you feel comfortable with him judging you and your falling in lockstep with others in society?  I would imagine with all of your foreign experience, and being a sane, responsible and productive member of society,  you would be able to more than understand this concept, but maybe not.  Maybe you are simply falling victim to your own prejudices.

This would all mean something if Kit thought Sasquatch living in the Kootneys was not absurd but plausible.

But since we are to him all just chasing each other around with foam swords, Im putting him ignore and done playing this silly game.

Adios.