"bigfoot Captured" On History Channel

david75090

Yeah, the Snelgrove Lake incident. A technician in Alberta, I think, ran it initially and produced some cryptic, possible bigfooty kind of result. But when Disotell ran it, he said it was too degraded or contaminated for that person to have made that conclusion. 

Also, they tried to make the cabin look super remote, but it's not. It was within easy access distance of , I believe, a small town and a native reservation.  Hoaxing and/or teenage vandalism should not be ruled out. 

If you google Snelgrove Lake you should find lots of mentions in various threads.

<Also, they tried to make the cabin look super remote, but it's not. It was within easy access distance of , I believe, a small town and a native reservation.  Hoaxing and/or teenage vandalism should not be ruled out.>

Yes, I remember that but I wouldn't say it was "easily accessible". Certainly possible, but not easy. However I always thought bear was the likely culprit.

You are probably right, Rock. I was just recalling the details off the top of my head. Hence, why I recommended people google it for further clarification. 

Thinking back, Disotel's analysis was bad because the nails were anodized and there were minerals in the sample that interfered with the analysis.  The biologist on that episode purified the sample through PCR and a couple of other techniques and claimed DNA from an unidentified primate, or similar statement.

Not to play the skeptic but basically what they got was what they always show.

Is it? This Could be it .. or Dr Squatch's famous "wouldn't that be something"

They got Zilch except a nice paid adventure and a small paycheck for doing something cool.

Well now I have a problem

My 8 year old has had a keen interest in Bigfoot since he was 5 and we saw it coming on but it started at his bedtime...that's ok I say, it will be on again Friday night

After reading the glowing reviews I want to either tell him politely that it sucks or try to forget about it

Problem is that he won't...I suppose we will watch and I will point out the silliness although he will already call it ut

8 year old?

sure...let him watch it...he'll probably recognize parts of it from other 'Bigfoot' shows....but most importantly make sure he can see the end credits where it states that it was scripted...has the actors names...who played the 'Bigfoot' ....even who did the voice of the Bigfoot....

it flashes very fast in order that people can't really catch it...but it may just stress the importance of being able to read...instead of just watching a program and then trying to figure it out(apparently there were many people that watched it and even asked if the Bigfoot was real.

I put up a screen shot of the one credit that shows who played 'Bigfoot'...

Ryan Schaddelee(Bigfoot) has a Facebook page and it shows him in the costume they used...

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.schaddelee

BC_script_actors_etc.jpg

Edited by LucasJ

Meldrum catches a lot of flack for his public and cinematic appearances.

I don't blame him for being noncommittal about his Bigfoot beliefs. After all, the man is a professor at a university and has already taken a lot of ridicule from his peers in academia. I've never met the man but I give him a lot of credit for having the courage to speak openly about Bigfoot as well as doing so in an intelligent and reasonable manner. By simply discussing the plausibility of the subject, he has severely handicapped his possibilities in the academic and scientific community. If Meldrum can make a few extra bucks, by appearing on TV or Bigfoot conventions, then more power to him. Any money he makes, is well deserved in light of what he's had to sacrifice, in order to become a credible voice in what we all know is a crazy and often ludicrous business.

Seems like a case of wanting to have ones cake and eat it too, IMO, and a case of realizing that the heat from this one might get a bit intense.....

Not true. As long as he's just in it for the money then he's clear from any wrongdoing.

His association with Standing and now the phony capture- it's not his fault that his money grabs turn out bad.

D,

You live there so ill take your word for it. but all i can find for human occupation is Slate Falls population 186. And it looks like its probably 20 miles away?

I dont see a road to the lake nor is it connected somehow that would allow boats in or out.

Maybe teenagers are more determined in that neck of the woods. But I find it hard to believe teenagers are at work here.

But not knowing the area and only working with google earth i could be wrong.

Edited by norseman

Thinking back, Disotel's analysis was bad because the nails were anodized and there were minerals in the sample that interfered with the analysis.  The biologist on that episode purified the sample through PCR and a couple of other techniques and claimed DNA from an unidentified primate, or similar statement.

At the cabin they were convinced a Bigfoot was throwing rocks at the cabin and the nail board had a huge foot print. They took samples and it came back unknown primate. Why would Mr Meldrum not have the entire genome sequenced? Isn't that what he's waited his entire career for? Seems kinda suspicious to me, almost as though he knew it wasn't a Bigfoot.

At the cabin they were convinced a Bigfoot was throwing rocks at the cabin and the nail board had a huge foot print. They took samples and it came back unknown primate. Why would Mr Meldrum not have the entire genome sequenced? Isn't that what he's waited his entire career for? Seems kinda suspicious to me, almost as though he knew it wasn't a Bigfoot.

He did.

And the sample was too old to get anything conclusive

D,

You live there so ill take your word for it. but all i can find for human occupation is Slate Falls population 186. And it looks like its probably 20 miles away?

I dont see a road to the lake nor is it connected somehow that would allow boats in or out.

Maybe teenagers are more determined in that neck of the woods. But I find it hard to believe teenagers are at work here.

But not knowing the area and only working with google earth i could be wrong.

Google Earth would not be reliable, where I live there are many trails that don't show up on GE. Also around here to travel 20 miles is nothing, people do that every day on quads, boat or snowmobile.