Has Bigfoot Science Stalled?

georgerm

Check this out.  http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/03/22/bear-bone-found-in-1903-alters-story-ireland.html?intcmp=hpbt4

A single piece of evidence, obtained decades ago, re-examined using modern forensic techniques, rewrites history.  That's the scientific process.

But our resident skeptics insist that:

The PGF, obtained decades ago, re-examined by NatGeo using modern forensic techniques and determined to depict a non-human subject, isn't part of the scientific process.

The scientific process is the scientific process no matter what subject is being examined.

I think our resident skeptics make up their own version of the scientific process to suit them.  And it changes by the post.

There's the essential problem.  When one side doesn't understand what science is, it's kinda hard to talk to them about what science is.

When I first found out about the PGF, I was ten and a half...and probably knew more about animals than some people who called themselves zoologists.  I thought:  that looks like an animal.  Since then I have read practically every encounter report and probably most of the footprint finds, forensic evidence mind you, and sifted them sorted them and searched for patterns in the way science does.  I had come to the same conclusions as Meldrum and Krantz and Bindernagel...before I ever read their books.

Science, gang, and if you ain't doing it, you ain't moving the needle.

There's the essential problem.  When one side doesn't understand what science is, it's kinda hard to talk to them about what science is.

Look-in-the-Mirror2_zpsjbyfuxp3.jpg

This is a good question.  Has Bigfoot Science Stalled?

I never knew science was looking into it.  

They can manage to fund and view close ups of Pluto and Charon, but oddly don't seem interested in a relict species that will re-write history.

How is it going to rewrite history? What makes it significant over the dozens of bipedal ape men already represented in the fossil record?

BFF Patron

It is still alive?  

Regarding the "protection" theory as a foundation for using lethal force upon them, consider the possibility the authorities realize there is no viable "sanctuary" areas as these beings have basically done as they will for eons. Therefore, if you are in a position of authority, the most viable solution is to quickly and quietly eliminate them from the landscape. If 13,000+ feral hogs can be killed (Fort Sill, Oklahoma) over the course of a few months via air conveyances and using the latest TI/NV technology, the big guys probably would not have a snowballs' chance of survival. Think about this and draw your conclusions.

This is an interesting theory. Now why would those in charge want BF eliminated? Will it become and endangered species that will shut down commercial forest industries?

The forest animals seem to do fine living in and among the logging and road building. Some of these animals are dangerous so enter the forest at your risk. At the present time, if BF steals a couple of humans a year from Yellow Stone Park, so what. Do they tell the public about it?

If not of the Home genus much closer than you may imagine.

Since they would be millions of years closer to us in divergence than any other example.

In fact they would be right at the point of divergence from higher primates, add a couple of million of years of evolution as well since that divergence for further evolution and development of unique abilities or brain development.

So not like shooting any other animal but a unique case in itself.

It may be legal, but it may be morally much like shooting a man.

To some it may not matter as much.

To others it may.

A "man" that has done nothing to any of you, by the way.

An innocent.

If you aren't hunting for food your hunting for ego gratification.

Good points. One could be hunting to save the BF species which may lead to ego implosion. How? When hunting BF, do you want to shoot the Mother of three, the Papa of the family, or the wandering single with no attachments? How do you know? You could be mistaken. 

Pick the juvenile to be the savior.

FarArcher talks about military hardening. It's essential and some may have conscience issues later. We are not machines. Thanks for serving.

In our area we have felons in their thirties that have many, many serious charges. It's a silly catch and release program. Could I shoot one of them if threatened or unthreatened? yes. Could I shoot a bigfoot if threatened? yes.  

I have a young adult female Black Bear skin that reminds me of the day I shot it. I feel bad about shooting it. I was never hardened in a big game hunting family. We killed steehead and ducks.

What's this have to do with bigfoot science? Someone needs to find the road kill BF or shoot the wandering juvenile. Its loss will not cause an entire family to suffer and die. It would be better to hunt the BF in areas where Paulides 411 book tells of missing people.

BFF Patron

We hear stories about rogue BF.    Just like bears or cougars that start preying on humans, maybe nasty tempered BF that seem to have some mental issue would be the logical pick to shoot.   Parasites and other diseases could cause them to loose their mind.          Perhaps they are a menace to more peaceful BF too?     If we could ever establish contact with a peaceful tribe, maybe they would bring in a killed troublemaker?     The locals seemed to think I had a strange interest in deer carcuses and brought me one.    Sure wish I could expand that to a dead rogue BF.  

Well my bigfoot science has stalled due to working 6 day weeks, on the bright side my commute allows me to drive thru some nice countryside with squatch potential. Several sightings have occurred along my route, so perhaps I could have a road crossing one early morning heading to the course. Just south of me, where I work in South Milwaukee, paranormal researchers had an encounter with what was apparently Sasquatch killing a deer in a pea field, they captured eyeshine on their camera's. That area has many power line easements and a railroad easement, also streams that have trout running from Lake Michigan, it is really a semi-urban sasquatch haven. This might give me an opportunity to develop some of my urban bigfoot study. I really have a desire to prove that these creatures are using such areas routinely, it should be something that can be proved. I know that the river systems and streams hold the keys, and that is where I will focus some research, bike trails allow me to access the area with ease, it is about as easy an area to research as any I know of. I may start with recording and scouting the streams for tracks, if that pans out I might have to due some night investigation.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

• masterbarber locked and unpinned this topic