Has Bigfoot Science Stalled?

georgerm

What we have discussed about bigfoot travel routes and pinch points may help turn up more predictable bigfoot sightings or videos. The next generation cameras need to be set up at these points. Most of the discussion has been around the Pacific Northwest, but anyone can post maps of their area.   

I want to learn more about the mapping techniques some have expressed.

Are there maps that show highway under passes such as large culverts?  I read an Oregon coast BF report from Curry County of a bigfoot being spotted in a culvert. This may be the way to learn more about BF.

Hi CM, the images of animals I've seen under bridges and such have been taken with cameras pointed in several different directions. Facing at the passageway, facing across the passageway, angled to the passageway, day, night/IR  etc.. I don't think there is a defined set-up that ensures images of animals every time although I think they get enough to assess the success of some locations fairly well.

Hiflier, do we have access to any of the under pass pictures? I suppose no bigfoot pictures have turned up. As someone said, BFs probably know cameras are in the underpasses, so they cross on top of the highways by timing and speed.

A dashcam video awhile back showed a bigfoot dashing across a two lane highway at night. It was super fast so this may this may be their method of crossing. Another report stated a  bigfoot was crossing the Oregon 4 land highway the parallels the Columbia River and it was stuck in the middle and nearly was hit.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I think waiting at a choke point will result in coming up empty.

You are talking about man made structure with lots of traffic.

If BF had a tolerance for that scenario he would be interacting with Sapiens Sapiens a lot more.

The opposite scenario is where I would be, the remoter the better. At least 12 miles from a tarred road in deep volcanic valleys

between tree line and spring fed pools.

If I had unlimited resources I would drop use a helicopter with FLIR and high res cameras mounted with CCD going to a hard drive.

Fly in the evening and at night to find targets.

Drop a team in with enough supplies for a few months and cold camp on high ridges above tree line and scope river valleys with

extensive sand bars and braided drainages and keep telescopic mounted cameras on the treeline.

Somewhere in northern British Columbia deep in interior mountain valleys accessible only by arms of the sea or arms of glacial lakes.

Now you have an area that may have never been disturbed by man with an intact ecosystem with a possible bigfoot population that has no experience of humans.

Then just wait, stay alert and recon along the ridgelines, up the waterways, and down the valleys with no noise and drawing no attention. 

Bring along a priest or medicine man for good luck.

If you don't meet a Sasquatch maybe you will meet God instead.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

If BF had a tolerance for that scenario he would be interacting with Sapiens Sapiens a lot more.

Assumption.  The evidence says it's interacting with us a lot, including at plenty of choke points (road crossings, which likely are habitual travel routes, being only one).

The opposite scenario is where I would be, the remoter the better. At least 12 miles from a tarred road in deep volcanic valleys

Unless you have procured evidence from that spot, no reason to be there. Bigfoot's an animal; hunters go where evidence tells them the animal is.  This road crossing where a husband and wife - traveling separately - saw the same animal within an hour, for example

http://woodape.org/reports/report/detail/26894

or this one, where the same guy saw one on consecutive days.

http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=30267

Never mind the many, many accounts of repeated activity observed by the same people at the same location.  Once again we see the presumption "since no one ever sees one, you have to go to the most remote places possible."  No, you don't.  You go to the "choke points." You go where people have seen them, or found evidence.  What a hunter does.  No shaman needed.  You aren't looking for God.  Deer and turkey are closer to your models here.

Edited by DWA

Who could expect a scientist to take an interest after all the portal and mindspeak nonsense the community is saturated with?

t.

• Upvote 3

The answer to this is simplicity itself, and I have provided it many times here:

Scientists with clear qualifications have clearly applied the scientific method to the evidence, and concluded it points to an unclassified primate in North America.

No other answer needed.  If you are a scientist...this makes you take an interest.  If it doesn't...you are not.  Really.  That simple.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Assumption.  The evidence says it's interacting with us a lot, including at plenty of choke points (road crossings, which likely are habitual travel routes, being only one).

Unless you have procured evidence from that spot, no reason to be there. Bigfoot's an animal; hunters go where evidence tells them the animal is.  This road crossing where a husband and wife - traveling separately - saw the same animal within an hour, for example

Never mind the many, many accounts of repeated activity observed by the same people at the same location.  Once again we see the presumption "since no one ever sees one, you have to go to the most remote places possible."  No, you don't.  You go to the "choke points." You go where people have seen them, or found evidence.  What a hunter does.  No shaman needed.  You aren't looking for God.  Deer and turkey are closer to your models here.

Yet the P-G film and the Freeman were achieved following a similar protocol.

No arguing with success...

Who could expect a scientist to take an interest after all the portal and mindspeak nonsense the community is saturated with?

t.

Terry

What happens if the scientist happens to run into the portal and mind speak? then what will happen ? How will they handle that if we are having a hard time trying to handle it our selves now. How scary will it get then when they find out about what some have already found out. If the community is saturated like you said then there must be some thing to it. This should take researchers to a different avanue that is proving to be effective. It should be documented and witnessed by other researchers so that it can be understood.

Never mind the many, many accounts of repeated activity observed by the same people at the same location.  Once again we see the presumption "since no one ever sees one, you have to go to the most remote places possible."  No, you don't.  You go to the "choke points." You go where people have seen them, or found evidence.  What a hunter does.  No shaman needed.  You aren't looking for God.  Deer and turkey are closer to your models here.

DWA

You are right  that we have to think like hunters , not like shamans . They surely are not our supreme being, but a flesh and blood creature that breaths our air. If they are aware of Humans then they are going to stay hidden from them where ever they may be. They will see you first before you will see them. I am sure of those reports that the creature knew the human was there starring at them. I am also sure that the creature felt safe around that person and that some how that person was tested. All I know is that with out field work there is nothing to gain. 

Um, no, and rather quite the opposite.  In both cases, copious recent evidence was followed to a likely location.

Hunters never look where the game isn't.  Not successful ones.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Um, no, and rather quite the opposite.  In both cases, copious recent evidence was followed to a likely location.

Hunters never look where the game isn't.  Not successful ones.

Yea, but I was contravening the going under the interstate in a tunnel hypothesis and your supporting argumentation and not the opposite.

I guess the cherries are ripe for the picking, non?

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

Well, I don't call it cherrypicking to go into the middle of nowhere looking for God...when sightings tracks and other evidence are saying, watch this road crossing.

Go where the game is.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Well, I don't call it cherrypicking to go into the middle of nowhere looking for God...when sightings tracks and other evidence are saying, watch this road crossing.

Go where the game is.

I guess I can agree with you that far, amazingly. :aikido:

SSR Team

Terry

What happens if the scientist happens to run into the portal and mind speak? then what will happen ? How will they handle that if we are having a hard time trying to handle it our selves now.

They won't be there in the first place to run in to any such thing, that's the point he's making.

I don't know if we need science to tackle any of that, and for that matter whether we need to. People get sucked into this stuff because they cannot find enough natural forms of evidence to satisfy their curiosity. If anything Bigfoot Science is non existent, not stalled. I think we are still far from calling what we do science. I have my digital recorder, my new FLIR one, and my camera trap, that is hardly science. It is at best hobby.

To venture into pseudo science and the supernatural, well that is a whole other thing. I know the temptation to try to explain this stuff that way, but it just does not fit. Everything I have experienced with this creature, which I know is not that much, was of a completely natural origin, pure animal, assuming humans are also animals.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Bigfoot science isn't nonexistent.  I know that Bindernagel and Meldrum are doing it...and their conclusions didn't *drive* the assessments of such as WSA and myself, to name just two, so much as it *complemented* them.  My primary experience, reading ^^^those two and people like them, was "EXACTLY!  This is exactly what I've been thinking!" I was already there; they *corroborated* my own research and thought.  Their expertise in directly relevant fields provided me with additional technical data...that dovetailed with what I was thinking perfectly.

The information is out there, and all public.  As a scientist said not long ago:  science is nothing but careful thinking.  But folk gotta do it.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna
On 7/6/2016 at 11:46 AM, DWA said:

Bigfoot science isn't nonexistent.  I know that Bindernagel and Meldrum are doing it...and their conclusions didn't *drive* the assessments of such as WSA and myself, to name just two, so much as it *complemented* them.  My primary experience, reading ^^^those two and people like them, was "EXACTLY!  This is exactly what I've been thinking!" I was already there; they *corroborated* my own research and thought.  Their expertise in directly relevant fields provided me with additional technical data...that dovetailed with what I was thinking perfectly.

The information is out there, and all public.  As a scientist said not long ago:  science is nothing but careful thinking.  But folk gotta do it.

Deductive and inductive reasoning, not semantics and sophistry, within field of logical philosophy based on reproducible results and evidence that results in a body of knowledge so as to increase our understanding.

• masterbarber locked and unpinned this topic