Has Bigfoot Science Stalled?

georgerm

Well, the question raised was why a national defense department may be interested in these things.

I can think of a number of reasons.

BFF Patron

I believe giants in Greek, Roman,  Sumerian, and Hebrew are all addressed in their literature.    So many times such things like destroyed cities or floods  in the ancient literatures are blown off by science as mere fables yet cities thought to be just fables or parts of parables when looked for, using the literature as a guide, have been located with modern technology.    Evidence of huge floods is wide spread and mentioned in most of the worlds old texts.           I would not be at all surprised if someday,  Atlantis is located and found to have been flooded when the oceans rose after the last ice age.   If fabled cities are real, could it also be that giants in the ancient texts are also real?     

While the military may have been very interested in their capabilities,  somehow I doubt that BF would cooperate with them.     They seem to have their own agenda and doing things for material things does not seem to be really part of that.  

Edited by SWWASAS

Agreed SWWSAS, if Bigfoot has intelligence above a normal animal I would expect it to be enough to oppose "training" but less than a human.  i.e. Just intelligent enough not to be our slaves/workhorses.  They would be creatures or habit and habitat.  

If one finds a young one, and it's raised a certain way, then some of the resistance would be lessened.

I mean, we draft young human men into the military, and they perform things they'd not opt to do if left to their own devices.

But, that goes to my personal thinking that while not human - they're also not animals.

On 8/10/2016 at 8:25 AM, Yuchi1 said:

^^^ Isn't there some historical reference to Rome using them (or, similar beings) as such?

Robert Howard, L. Sprague  de Camp, and others wrote of this in the Conan novels historical texts.  That's most likely what you're referring to.

MIB

Edited by MIB

BFF Patron

My gut feeling is that at some point the military grabbed one or more after shooting some.      It would be hard for the military to ignore all the sightings on various military bases.      Security concerns would dictate that they investigate.   After all it could have been Russians wearing ghillie suits or costumes.    Shooting or grabbing one would follow.    Many of the installations involved would have lethal security response options.      Based on my own experience capturing one might have been a very nasty experience for the soldiers involved if the BF let loose with infrasound.     When did that grab happen?    Perhaps all we have to do to figure that out, is find when the military became interested in infrasound as a field weapon?    Once the military determined the infiltrators were just a mythological creature that was not a risk to security,  it served them best to just ignore their presence.     If real foreign agents,  knew that BF had the run of some installations,   it would not promote security.    And you can expect everything about BF is classified with respect to the military.  

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Man! Those Kamchatka dudes are frickin' hairy!"

If you factor in the premise that only one out of every hundred sightings is reported, and one might well think that percentage even smaller given the (non)disclosure disipline of the military, then those bases must dang near be rife with the critters.

Who knows, maybe that's where they take their dead!

But seriously, bases like ft Lewis up in western Washington, or any of the "unspoken locations" of the region not only have them there, know of them, acknowledge them ,most likely all the way up the ladder of authority, and observe them, but may very well have various levels of interactions with these beings, perhaps far more involved than most habituation sites, given the resources available. 

Sure, it may have started with bagging  a few slab monkeys, but I'd imagine they figured out pretty quick that they'd learn so much more with live specimens. And if there's anything to them beyond mere F&B existence, then it would at these installations where they would strive for a more conducive interactive arrangement..

Who knows, maybe the BF's run interference/security on the remote locations....

Not sure if this is pay wall protected, but thought it worth mentioning.  Somebody at Berkley pulling out the Minaret calvarium from a collection drawer would be an even bigger find, and I'd just propose it is just as probable as this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/23/science/a-new-dolphin-species-long-gone-found-in-a-drawer.html?ref=todayspaper&_r=0&mtrref=www.nytimes.com&gwh=4625E824780BF6D324E3823F270205EE&gwt=pay

Very interesting.  Makes you wonder about the stories of giant skeletons being "lost" by museums.  Could they suddenly pop up again?  Are they the result of nefarious actions or lost in the shuffle of things at the museum.  In the case of the dolphin, I would assume it was not recognized or lost in the shuffle of day to day life.  

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

The giant conspiracy theories abound.

One more step and you're at annunaki aliens.

One more and you're at alien bigfoots.

The logic is inescapable.

babble babble.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

Hardly CM. Where you wind up is a pretty ordinary series of events and predictable outcome. You see. Well, maybe not, so let me take it slow:

1. Excavator finds anomalous fossilized bones, or skeletal remains, disarticulated and not readily identifiable. 

2. Find is given a catalog number and a vague (possibly wrong) cursory description and placed in a collection  for later examination and curating.

3. (Pick one) Funding evaporates, collection is moved to deep storage to make room, grad student/intern labor earns degrees and moves on, fire, flood, laziness, disinterest, lack of curiosity, theft, mislabeling... I could probably list a dozen more, but I think you get the point.

Deliberate suppression is only one possibility, and I'd say the least likely reason. Do you think somebody had an agenda for making sure this dolphin skull didn't ever see the light of day? I'm guessing "no." If you think otherwise, your life must be much more interesting than mine has ever been, I expect.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

WSA, I thought I was being sarcastic, but more ironic as I don't care that much for sarcasm, per se.

An existential comment on the nature of outlandish beliefs and the internet.

"Minaret skull." If you don't know about this Google it.  Instructive.  That thing is somewhere In The Bowels.  God only knows where, and it is not alone in a genre.

• masterbarber locked and unpinned this topic