Where Are The Pictures?

Guest Strangenstein

Um, well, can't you just see a game cam? :P

I meant that maybe your mug is on somebody's card right now and you're none the wiser.

No, I've never noticed a game cam out in the woods that I didn't know was there already.

Guest WIKayaker

My crazy opinions only…

Not that bf’s would have any idea what a camera is. But they could know it is not natural.

-As discussed in the book “Enochâ€, maybe they see the lens as an “eye†and want to avoid it.

-Maybe they want to avoid anything man made thinking it could harm them (weapon)

-Maybe they saw the person installing it, and avoid it.

-Maybe they can see infrared glow and flash.

-Maybe there are so few of them, continentally, thousands compared to hundreds of thousands of bears for example. They have been observed avoiding paths.

-Maybe they are not so much just really smart animals, but rather, primitive people

-There are reports of cameras possibly being “set –off†from the side with sticks. (could be people)

-Notice how many other not-so-smart animals notice trail cams.

Rhino intelligence versus primate intelligence? Rhino be not so smart they.

I often carry a camera in hand while hiking or kayaking. I still miss many animals that quickly hide before my slow camera clicks.

Some observers note that “it was walking from tree to treeâ€, or hiding behind a tree, showing purposeful elusiveness.

Just wondering, how many game cams go missing? Or were destroyed.

Most game cams are just lightly camouflaged by the manufacturer for game hunting. Relatively few are reeeeally concealed for bf research.

I think they eventually will slip up. Especially if cameras are hidden better. Facing down from 20ft up. Or at ground level facing upward…But still. they may have seen you put it there.

Maybe it should not be concealed, but rather made attractive. Like in a cooler or a stuffed animal.

But it might go missing unless it is tethered.

Okay everyone. Send out your dogs with wireless satellite web cams on their heads. Plenty of dog interaction stories out there. Dangerous for Fido however.

No proof for any of this, just opinions. Also, I’ve read of people not showing photos they have, not sharing their stories, the whole not-trying-to prove it to anyone concept. Because of the implications in our society, culture, etc. I think(some in the) gov. have pictures, have or have had a specimen, but is keeping it hush because it has no way of dealing with it. Till their hand is forced to.

Where’s that forum thread on “implications of proofâ€.

Just opinions :)

The fact that they're not good enough to say that they are pictures of real bigfoots makes the point highly relevant. Why don't we have anything like this?

Javan rhinos are way more rare than bigfoots (estimated ~ 60 in the wild). They live in really isolated and inhospitable locations (much more so than the outskirts of Oklahoma City) and they have been hunted by humans for a long time, reinforcing their intense shyness around anything human. The fact that game cams get photos like these (just one example among dozens in which really rare and elusive animals are clearly caught on film) is really damning for bigfootery. No way around it.

The article itself notes just how rare, in fact UNIQUE this footage is, being the first of it's kind. How long did it take to get these pics? How many people and how much effort? Hardly evidence that other rare species should be photographed with higher frequency.

1) The reasons why "candid" photos of wild animals in the wild are very hard to obtain have been well documented, as you well know.

2) You know as well as I do that a "better quality" photo would be even MORE derided as "suit", "Photoshop hoax", etc by the "skeptics".

Your specious defenses of a specious assumption are not getting you anywhere except with the Skeptical Greek Chorus.

SSR Team

I just spen an hour in my Garden trying to take Pics of my Daughter's new Rabbit..

Grnated it's not 7ft tall but my Garden isn't as big as the Olympic Peninsula for arguements sakes & i couldn't get one so i gave up, i'll try again tomorrow.. ;)

SSR Team

Well, Bobby, was it cause the rabbit was blurry? :)

No, just far too quick for me & i was possibly more interested in the Newspaper..;)

I am convinced they know it's there because they watched you put it up. I have come to the conclusion that they are smart enough to keep track of what goes on in their backyard. The vast majority of Gamecams are owned and deployed by people who have no interest in Bigfoot and if they would happen to notice something in a picture might very well decide against making it public.

I have a difficult time understanding the lack of descent trail cam photos and it is one of the big question marks for me as I have never seen this elusive animal...yet. To understand why they do not seem to work with bf (I have seen one possible descent one), we need to keep trying different approaches when setting them up and the type used.

As far as a picture being taken by an outdoors man, that does not surprise me a bit. Hunters have their weapon at the ready and if they have a camera, it is most used after a successful hunt and not during the hunt itself. Bf,ers and outdoor photographers have the best chance, but how many are really outdoors at one time? How many have reported sightings?

If you did have a descent picture, would you share it here? Most certainly would not as they will be told it proves nothing and the only acceptable evidence to prove bf existence is a body/DNA (not saying this is incorrect). I can see photos being shared within smaller and trusted groups, but not here. UPs

I am convinced they know it's there because they watched you put it up.

Interesting thought - maybe BF has trail cams they set out to see where the trail cams are being put... :)

Thanks. I keep reading this same arguement about no game cam pics and my personal response to that is that there really aren't that many cams out there. I've never seen one and apparently neither has anyone else. Aaaah, the elusive game cam... :P

How would one ever know how many?

Maybe you could get a NatGeo grant or something to count them. Or maybe they show up on Google Earth if you zoom in close enough and the sun's just right...

Edited by Sonny