Where Are The Pictures?

Guest Strangenstein

Marty Stouffer is really a "strawman" here, I think.

You think wrong.

Whether or not the public has a vastly distorted idea of how easy something is, doesn't really affect whether or not it has been done.

Uhhhh...no. It is the heart of the matter. The point of contention is that the "skeptic" says it should be easy to get a good quality photo/video of a bf given the amount of cameras out there to do so and the consequent conclusion that a lack of "good" (subjective definition) photos/videos is evidence that there are no BF to photograph.

That impression is directly fueled by nature "documentaries" like Stauffer and Nat Geo, that give a distorted and misleading impression of the ease with which such images are taken. Finding an animal on a protected reserve, even a large one is infinitely easier than finding one in the true wild.

Do you have any evidence that Marty Stouffer faked a photograph of a rare animal that hadn't been photographed before and since?

Entirely NOT my point.

Guest rockinkt

Ya know, sometimes I wonder if a skeptic wakes up in the morning, sits up in bed, stretches and then says, "Well this sucks." :P

Wake up in the morning? Are you kidding??? We skeptics don't sleep! :P

We stay awake all night plotting on how to prove to someone that their most firmly held and fundamental beliefs are either false or ill-founded! :lol:

Guest COGrizzly

Do you have any evidence that Marty Stouffer faked a photograph of a rare animal that hadn't been photographed before and since?

Not 100% sure how this story will relate, but thought it may be worth telling...

In 2004 I met Marty's long time personal security officer by happen-chance out at the Utah sand dunes. We got to talking and I opened my big mouth about my interest in the Colorado Grizzly and whether or not they still reside in Colorado. He opened his big mouth and told me that Marty released a brown bear brought in from Alaska for filming and after the filming, he released the male into Maroon Bells Wilderness near Aspen. He said it was in the early 80's. He told the story rather flippantly like it was no big deal he did that.

Just another story...

If these creatures evolved and survived through tens of thousands of years solely by 1) avoiding tool makers/pack hunters and their tools/weapons, 2) developing stealth skills, and 3) habituating in manners and locations that avoid humans (and our ancestors), then one could suppose they would avoid cameras by instinct. They learned to avoid snares and traps and other mechanical devices used through the centuries.

Historically, most game cameras are noisy and flash either with a literal flash or use 850nm IR, which is clearly visible even to humans as a red glow. Recent cameras, particularly the Reconyx units have 950nm “invisible†IR and are silent, at least to my ears. They are also expensive and thus there are probably few of them out in the field.

I believe it was Reconyx units that the TBRC used in their research and suffered a number of camera losses due to bear damage, likely because of the scent of the plastic. So these cameras are not as stealthy to wild animals as we think they are.

If biologist could get grant money and good cameras, we might see some really fine BF vidoes. With enough money to fund crews of scientist to live in the Pacific Northwest forest stalking BF, results could be expected.

You say that, but believe it or not, there is only one, yes one, film of the giant panda in the wild (filmed in 2002 or 2003) - all other film and video has been taken in zoos and nature reserves.

I am skeptical of them being filmed only once

People assume that there are many game camera's out there, and i think that statement is bs, nobody know's how many camera's there are out there in the forest's, nobody counts everyone

just as often (perhaps moreso) as they do deep in the deep backwoods. Can't you see that there's a circular logic to that?

Then why are the 3 states with the most sightings California, Oregon, and Washington? All are known to have huge forests

The fact that they're not good enough to say that they are pictures of real bigfoots makes the point highly relevant. Why don't we have anything like this?

Javan rhinos are way more rare than bigfoots (estimated ~ 60 in the wild). They live in really isolated and inhospitable locations (much more so than the outskirts of Oklahoma City) and they have been hunted by humans for a long time, reinforcing their intense shyness around anything human. The fact that game cams get photos like these (just one example among dozens in which really rare and elusive animals are clearly caught on film) is really damning for bigfootery. No way around it.

These 1000 plus lb rhino's living on a tiny Island were only captured on footage recently

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/film-b-rhino/

Why has there been a gap in sightings for 20 years?

Edited by alex

Since most people who spend time in forest's do not believe in bigfoot, then why would they bother bringing a camera? NOT EVERYBODY brings a camera with them, some people do not bring technology and just enjoy mother nature for what it is

Then why are the 3 states with the most sightings California, Oregon, and Washington? All are known to have huge forests

The PNW is where the legend got rolling.

Before the Satellite news wires, it was local papers, stories from one region weren't picked up across the country unless they were really big.

I think Bigfoot really picked up steam nationally around the time IN SEARCH OF... came out.

So, how many usernames do you have on here so far alex? I think I've counted somewhere between 5 and 11. Just be honest, maybe they won't roll you out of here if you come clean.