So Why Won't The Habituators Come Forward And Lend Bigfoot Science A Real Hand?

Guest Crowlogic

Hair, bone and scat in the possession of a lay person would, in no way, be "true conclusive evidence" of BF. Dang few people have the money to pay for DNA tests. And who could be trusted to do such tests? 

• Upvote 4

And you want people like me, if I am in fact a habituator - not sure that I am,  to tell you what I think about stuff and not expect me to be shy about getting shot down?  At least in the tar pit I can swear for intensity.  It's like training a puppy to come, then swatting it with a newspaper that he didn't come sooner.  Good dog, whack.

Welcome Back Hammer! That post was too long... "WHACK" :)

Thanks for sharing your experiences, in paragraphs, with line breaks. It may be long but at least it's readable.

I noticed on an expedition last year that it seemed like every group that went out at night, with exception to whatever group I was in, had activity. Of course I carried my audio recorder everywhere, and sometimes my running mini dash-cam camera. I've got hours and hour of audio of nothing happening. I think it's time for me to stop trying to collect evidence and start collecting experience. This year, at least 3 more expeditions and I'm leaving the recorder behind when I go out. Me being me...it will still be recording, just not at the same place I happen to be.

And you want people like me, if I am in fact a habituator - not sure that I am,  to tell you what I think about stuff and not expect me to be shy about getting shot down?  At least in the tar pit I can swear for intensity.  It's like training a puppy to come, then swatting it with a newspaper that he didn't come sooner.  Good dog, whack.

Welcome Back Hammer! That post was too long... "WHACK" :)

Thanks for sharing your experiences, in paragraphs, with line breaks. It may be long but at least it's readable.

I noticed on an expedition last year that it seemed like every group that went out at night, with exception to whatever group I was in, had activity. Of course I carried my audio recorder everywhere, and sometimes my running mini dash-cam camera. I've got hours and hour of audio of nothing happening. I think it's time for me to stop trying to collect evidence and start collecting experience. This year, at least 3 more expeditions and I'm leaving the recorder behind when I go out. Me being me...it will still be recording, just not at the same place I happen to be.

Hey Redbone, not sure which expedition you are referring to, but yeah, live wild!  Scary, but liberating.  Maybe some of that spice of being in the moment, as is, will generate something. I'm not sure, but I think that's the way to go.  I'm going back to the basics.  Hang outside, and see what happens.  Everything else is window dressing for what? Except for a big hairy howl, what are you going to get?  It will never live up. But you'll know, and hopefully, someone with you will know too. It's all a crap shoot.  I just think that dropping the recorder, increases my odds.  

Again, you have to be careful what you wish for.  Just saying...

Guest Crowlogic

^^^Branco correction.   Hair scat and bone, especially bone are testable evidence and conclusive evidence at that.  Bone yields DNA and a proper DNA  analysis is darn near bulletproof.  Who would i trust for the analysis?  How about the Yerkes Primate Center.

Edited by Crowlogic

^^^ Make your own decision if the Yerkes Primate Center would be a good place that would help you.

Atlanta — Following reports that a rhesus macaque monkey escaped from Emory University's Yerkes National Primate Research Center on June 15—and has yet to be recaptured—PETA is calling on the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to investigate the laboratory for possible violations of the federal Animal Welfare Act (AWA). In a formal complaint filed this morning, PETA asserts that the escape indicates that the federally funded facility may have violated several provisions of the AWA, including failure to ensure that personnel are qualified to perform their duties, failure to adequately supervise employees, and failure to ensure that primary enclosures securely contain nonhuman primates.

"These intelligent, sensitive animals don't deserve the loneliness and trauma of life in a laboratory," says PETA Vice President of Laboratory Investigations Kathy Guillermo. "At the very least, Yerkes should adhere to the minimal standards put forth by the only federal law that provides any protection, the Animal Welfare Act."

Yerkes has previously been cited for violating several provisions of the AWA. Last May, USDA inspectors cited Yerkes for a violation of the AWA in response to an incident in which a cage housing three primates was mistakenly placed in a cage washer. Yerkes was charged with three additional violations in the same month. And in 2007, Yerkes was assessed a $15,000 penalty for even more violations.

Yerkes has drawn international criticism from leading primatologists, including Jane Goodall, for using more than 4,000 monkeys and apes in invasive and deadly experiments. Monkeys at Yerkes are torn away from their mothers, isolated in small cages, and subjected to experiments in which they are infected with deadly diseases, immobilized in restraint devices, and forcibly addicted to drugs. Yerkes is also one of the very few facilities in the world that still uses humans' evolutionary cousins—chimpanzees—in harmful experiments.

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/14960350/monkey-missing-from-yerkes-national-primate-research-center#ixzz42njEwWdf

Someone should ask Jane Goodall The hypothetical question if she were to get evidence of a Sasquatch who would she trust to analyze it?

Edited by David NC
  • Upvote 1

Hi Hammer, I was wondering where you went to also. Thanks for the great post. I grew up in NY state and used to visit my cousins in Ohio summers, I hope to visit there some day. It's a beautiful place, for sure. Nice to hear you're doing well with your neighbors. They don't seem to mind the recorders, IMO, and I like to know when they are around, especially in new areas. Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Hey Hammer! It's good to see you here again. I wish I could give you 100 pluses on that post. It says it all!

I came to the first BFF like you came to this one, looking for answers. I had already started the "researcher thing" & found that it wasn't helping either of us much. After about 10 posts, never admitting that I had seen BF or that they were here, I quickly learned that it was not the place to find many answers. The only people that were even civil, were banned before I could learn much from them. But both of them had some answers that I value to this day, & have seen proven over & over. If their names are mentioned now, it arouses jeers & claims of hoaxing, but they knew what they were talking about. So, with them no longer there, I went away & found people that were experiencing what I was, & not trying to prove anything or make money or names for themselves. Together, we experienced bigfoot face to face & learned, without fear of being ridiculed. Our lives were changed forever.

Fast forward a few years. The old BFF (mercifully) imploded & a "New & (hopefully improved) BFF" was started. After lurking  for a couple of weeks, it seemed to be not quite so hostile, so I joined. This time, with a chip on my shoulder & a resolve to not be run off or take any bullying from "non believers" (who obviously didn't have a clue anyway.) I had information that came from daily living, surrounded by big hairy, enigmatic, mysterious, sometimes funny, sometimes scary people. Maybe I didn't see everything the way someone else would have seen the same things, but it was real & honest knowledge & was worth sharing with whoever had a desire for it.

So I came back willing to share whatever evidence I had collected, & talk honestly about the things that I had observed & experienced, but it was mostly met with disbelief & sarcasm. That made the chip get bigger & the desire to share shrink considerably, but soon, people started to PM, saying "I saw that same thing! I need to talk about it." Some of them had explanations for things that I didn't understand & we helped each other. There was no sarcasm or ridicule. Just a burning desire to talk about what was going on around us without being laughed at.

And there you have your answer, Crow, as to why one such habituator "won't come forward & lend a hand". I have shared most of the evidence I have collected including DNA. There's more DNA evidence in the freezer, but I don't care what it would show & nobody else seems to either. Most of the best audio I have collected is on Soundcloud (link in signature) for anybody that is interested.

Like Hammer, I don't bother to try for "proof" anymore. And also like her, here is a line from a song that fits my philosophy: "But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well, You see, you can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself." (John Fogerty)

Edited by Sasfooty
  • Upvote 3

I'd say Hammer has offered a hand, working with the BFRO and also a long thread in the premium section where she has shared her experiences. I'll give her credit, she doesn't try to present it as proof, more of a question about what she has experienced. She did so for a long time, despite a couple of people being jerks. She's always seemed pretty reasonable. Good to see you back around Hammer.

• Upvote 2

Guest lightheart

Hey Hammer

Glad to see you posting again. A member on the forum named WesT calls what you and I are doing "zooming out". It really is about the good feelings that come from spending a lot of time hiking and just being in nature. I really like the just being part. I think it uses different parts of the brain and maybe is more of an alpha state than a beta state. In my opinion, that relaxed, happy place brings in far more understanding about them. It is not something that can be faked.....they would know. I am no longer obsessed about knowing what they are. I still would like to know but am more interested in small understandings of who they are now. It doesn't matter to me whatsoever what anyone thinks of my non-methods. There are many answers to be found in observing how they have impacted their surroundings....trail glyphs, stick structures, pointer arrows that change daily among many other things that have been discussed here on the forums such as rudimentary tools and rough digging implements.

Like Hammer, I don't bother to try for "proof" anymore. And also like her, here is a line from a song that fits my philosophy: "But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well, You see, you can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself." (John Fogerty)

Actually, that's Rick Nelson.

• Upvote 1

Guest Crowlogic

"Like Hammer, I don't bother to try for "proof" anymore. And also like her, here is a line from a song that fits my philosophy: "But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well, You see, you can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself." (John Fogerty)..R. Nelson

And this is exactly how fringe pseudoscience gets to propagate.  I see a lot of bigfooters  pleasing themselves and making cute videos that charm, delight but never actually deliver the goods.  The people making them are sure having fun but when does the self indulgent become guilty of softening the minds of others?

"Like Hammer, I don't bother to try for "proof" anymore. And also like her, here is a line from a song that fits my philosophy: "But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well, You see, you can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself." (John Fogerty)..R. Nelson

And this is exactly how fringe pseudoscience gets to propagate.  I see a lot of bigfooters  pleasing themselves and making cute videos that charm, delight but never actually deliver the goods.  The people making them are sure having fun but when does the self indulgent become guilty of softening the minds of others?

I know Ricky Nelson wrote it, but I prefer the way John Fogerty sings it. Anyway, I'm honored that you cared enough to correct the "mistake".

It's good that people are having fun making delightful videos, but I fail to see what that has to do with Hammer or me not trying to get proof.

Hammer, that was a good read and thanks for sharing your thoughts. You and Sasfooty add much to the forum. Bigfoot is like a good mystery book that leads to another book in a series. Will we get to know the ending? 

Be strong and don't let the 'nay sayers' rule.

The picture is of an area with a few recent bigfoot reports.

post-447-0-49902700-1457932627_thumb.jpg

Edited by georgerm
  • Upvote 1