So Why Won't The Habituators Come Forward And Lend Bigfoot Science A Real Hand?

Guest Crowlogic

Claiming to be a habituator without any proof is the lowest of the low in my book. If a bigfoot family is living in your backyard? You should have ample ample evidence in the form of hair, saliva or scat. Not to mention incredible film footage that would surely make some of us stand up and take notice. All we ever get are excuses. Either the person has some beef with science or the forest people have let them know they dont want to be documented. Either way it is a claim without proof. I suggest if your a habber with bigfeets living in your backyard and they told you they dont want to be documented? Probably best to keep the secret to yourself.......just sayin.

(And no I do not think this is truly happening)

I think Crow is just trying to drag the community through the mud here. But what evidence we do have did not come from habbers. It came from field researchers pounding the bush, and responding to reports.

Which I think is a more plausible scenario as to why we do not have hard evidence(few animals and lots of forest) Than families of bigfeets hiding out at "nice people" home steads, and the evidence is just 86'd.

One problem is the habbers need to be in contact with scientist that know about collecting hair, saliva, prints and so on. Many habbers are farmers or county residents with little interest in the science or bigfoot. The problem has to do with communication in my opinion. If habbers come on the forum and are ridiculed then communication and trust breaks down. If habber invite a scientist to visit, there is the chance they will leak the location and others will invade the location.

Thom Powell's book describes a good relationship with a habber and a scientist but evidence collecting was still difficult. Besides we have plenty of evidence such as hair, foot prints, still photographs, and tree breaks. High definition video would help at this point unless someone finds a bigfoot in the ditch along a road. This may happen in 30 years from now. It hits the news which fades quickly. In the meantime habbers can't even get good video since BF vanishes the minute a camera shows up.

Patience is the key. We wait until camera technology or DNA testing improves. We may need to wait  50 years from now until a bigfoot is found dead in the forest. Oh, the BF in the ditch .....................  the government took it of course!

BFF Patron

I knew some habbers on another forum.   I kept making suggestions to get them to take pictures but never could talk them into trying.    The excuses where myriad.     I don't care if BF knows what a camera is or not.    This day and age you can get cameras you can hide anywhere.  Inside of electrical sockets etc.  A very tech savvy human would have trouble finding them.     If they are coming on your back porch as is claimed,   you should be able to get good pictures.    Finally they branded me a "scientist" which in their mind is a very bad thing and anything I suggested was not good.

Some field researchers have given up on cameras too and I think it way too soon to do that.   If BF are camera shy, and there is evidence of that, figure out the reason, and work around it.    Just because a garden variety IR flash game camera hanging openly on a tree is not getting pictures that does not mean they cannot be taken.      

Guest Crowlogic

^ Patterson and Freeman seemed to manage OK and even if only 10% the of the current photos are real it negates the camera issue.

You mention it is spring and they are moving, do you find that they stay active all spring and thru the summer or are they only in your area of a short window of time?

Twist

Yes, this is what I mean. My area is small but theirs is far and wide and have never figured out their home turf. I just know that I have had interactions with them in my area in the past few years and they are very picky to who I bring. But you never know and they will let you know.

Some field researchers have given up on cameras too and I think it way too soon to do that.   If BF are camera shy, and there is evidence of that, figure out the reason, and work around it.    Just because a garden variety IR flash game camera hanging openly on a tree is not getting pictures that does not mean they cannot be taken.

SWW

This is why I say if you act like you are hunting deer and place bait down if allowed and then place the camera you might get lucky. I am trying to find a way that I can hook a camera to a hard drive that could be solar powered  while placed high on a tree , at the same time be able to dial into it with a prepaid simm card and watch it at home. At the same time I would like to have the camera motion sensored. The motion sensor would have to be run down the tree away from the camera so that if a creature was to walk into a bait pile it would be picked up. The times we placed cameras these creature knew they were there and would avoid them or play with them  , but would always stay on the edge of the flash. But I never hid them either I left them in plain site and I was not thinking Bigfoot either I was thinking deer too. So you have to place all these factors in play, that it might be possible that these creatures can detect these systems of detection by observance. I am more in line to believe that they seem to detect our thoughts or intentions some how.

Crow

I have asked to go to some hab sites and have been refused, I have no problem with being refused. If I go to their home and stir the pot for them lets say, I get to leave but they still live there. I go to my area and if they are around I can start to test my theories and they seem to be ok with this. I understand where you are at and you want answers, but you are not going to find them here. You might think I am telling you stories but I am not every detail I have said is true, they are not stories and when I came out with this mind thing just like others have , it was because I had too. You try to deal with that and tell me how you would try to deal with some thing that just had read your thoughts. It is not easy and to come into the open with it knowing that it sounds crazy,( yea couple shooters for me please) But that was some thing that I needed to test with them and it is not a good feeling but acceptable. You know everyone have their reason why they want to keep these creatures a secret , yes it could be for their protection. I believe it is the protection of their land as well as their family and not as much as the creatures themselves. In my area I believe that I am their test rat as well as they are mine, it is a relationship that I cannot explain but has to be experienced. I hope that you find your peace with this Crowlogic I really do.  

• Upvote 2

Shadow,

Is your area state open lands I could camp on for a week or private land? I've already got 3 trips planned this summer but would be willing to add another one if it could truly lead to a revelation of the BF magnitude. Also when is the best time for activity?

BFF Patron

You mention it is spring and they are moving, do you find that they stay active all spring and thru the summer or are they only in your area of a short window of time?

Twist

Yes, this is what I mean. My area is small but theirs is far and wide and have never figured out their home turf. I just know that I have had interactions with them in my area in the past few years and they are very picky to who I bring. But you never know and they will let you know.

Some field researchers have given up on cameras too and I think it way too soon to do that.   If BF are camera shy, and there is evidence of that, figure out the reason, and work around it.    Just because a garden variety IR flash game camera hanging openly on a tree is not getting pictures that does not mean they cannot be taken.

SWW

This is why I say if you act like you are hunting deer and place bait down if allowed and then place the camera you might get lucky. I am trying to find a way that I can hook a camera to a hard drive that could be solar powered  while placed high on a tree , at the same time be able to dial into it with a prepaid simm card and watch it at home. At the same time I would like to have the camera motion sensored. The motion sensor would have to be run down the tree away from the camera so that if a creature was to walk into a bait pile it would be picked up. The times we placed cameras these creature knew they were there and would avoid them or play with them  , but would always stay on the edge of the flash. But I never hid them either I left them in plain site and I was not thinking Bigfoot either I was thinking deer too. So you have to place all these factors in play, that it might be possible that these creatures can detect these systems of detection by observance. I am more in line to believe that they seem to detect our thoughts or intentions some how.

I see two things with researchers and cameras.     Some think we are dealing with a dumb ape that cannot possibly even think a BF would be wary of a camera.   Deer aren't so why would BF?   These tend to be Finding Bigfoot "educated" types.     So the need to hide the camera is just too much trouble because the BF cannot possibly know about or be wary of cameras.     How do they know any of that?   All the evidence points to a different conclusion.    Then I hear people in this forum that categorically claim that some game cameras do not emit any sound or visible light.   It is IR so how can BF see it?   They cannot see the IR flash so therefore BF should not be able to see it either.    Again, how do they know that?   BF can move rapidly in deep woods in nothing more than star light.     So they obviously see better at night than we do and that might mean they can see into the IR.  We just don't know.     So these people think there is no reason to hide their cameras either, as if that would make any difference when a flash goes off.    If an IR camera flashes and BF can see IR, a bug, a squirrel, a deer, or anything moving will trip the camera and even if BF has yet to see the camera, it will know where it is now.     Hide a visible light flash camera in the woods near your campground then pretend you will not notice when an animal trips it.       So the second group does not think it necessary to hide cameras either.   In this case with a flash in any wavelength, they might be right.     In either case there is some laziness at play.

In all fairness the typical game camera box is difficult to hide.     Boxy, plastic which probably smells like plastic,  and a lump that size on the side of a tree camouflaged with anything is hard to do.  BTW posted a recent picture in another thread that looks pretty good to me.     I had trouble finding the camera in the picture.    Ideally, the camera should be hidden well enough, that you the person that deploys it, has trouble finding it again to check the SD card.    That is optimum.  

Bears seem to be attracted to the plastic smell of game cameras.   Is that the give away for BF too since they seem to be attracted to the same food sources? I can smell plastic so it is likely BF can too.   On a warm day plastic in direct sunlight really outgases and releases molecules that we smell.     You know that they cannot use much of any plastic in space?    It outgasses very badly in a vacuum, just like it does in sunlight here on the ground.  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1

... it's not just the camera box.   When I go back to retrieve my cameras, often what I see is the dang strap that attaches it to the tree.   Horizontal lines where there should be none stand out in nature.  Even if I cover it, there's something odd, eye-catching in the arrangement of the covering materials.   Better, but not better-enough.

MIB

Yes. Straps around trees do stand out. That's why I use these. Makes it easier to aim the cams too.

post-24465-0-23900800-1457725382_thumb.j

And to break up the outline, this.

post-24465-0-18047300-1457725755_thumb.j

Still visible but less eye catching.

Ah ... cool!   I've been looking for something ... that combination of parts hadn't crossed my mind.   Thank you!    I'm going shopping.

I had been thinking of welding a 1/4" bolt to the head of a lag bolt in a T formation ... yours is better, adjustable after installation.   

So far my best trick is to find a short chunk of wood, a broken off piece of tree trunk a foot long and 4-6 inches in diameter, strap the camera to that, then wedge that into the crotch of a split tree trunk, finally, cover the back side with bark or branches to hide the straps.  I've had people walk right past them totally oblivious to their presence.

MIB

Glad I could help. :)

I did put some rubber washers and grommets in mine so they could be snugged down but you can still move them for slight adjustments.

I've also thought about taking a small trunk of cedar and using my bandsaw to cut out a spot for my Plotwatcher to fit. Then just take it out and set it in a likely spot. The more weathered the better on the cut end. But of course bigfoot might just decide to carry it off. :o

BFF Patron

I think camera placement or our activities doing that, might be a giveaway too if we are in an active area under BF observation.  I want to share one idea I have had.     If they see us fussing for 30 minutes putting a camera on a tree they are going to notice and be wary of what we are up to.   Thinking of that I wanted a method to just put something down and walk off.    My interval camera will fit through a 4 inch hole.     I have considered getting a 6 inch log section and hollowing it out with a drill saw so the camera fits entirely inside it.     Then drill out a hole for the lens to look out.    Seal up the bottom of the hole with a wood plug that was extracted from that end.    So in the field find a place where a chunk of wood is not out of place, not hard in an area that has ever been logged,   previously started the camera then when you get to where you want to record images just open up your  pack, but the log section down, then walk away.      Other than the hole the lens is looking out, nothing would be out of place if at least one end section is weathered.    Put moss or something natural on the plug end section to hide the plug.        I think slash piles are a good location.    Thing would be lost in the clutter.  Just an idea at this point.  

Second point.    Many reports are of people being followed.   Have a small camera and just carry it in your pack.    I have one about the size and shape of a pocket knife.        If followed, just start it and place it were whatever is following is going going to pass by.   They might see it or might not.    Most of those tiny cameras do not look like a camera.     I doubt if BF could ever imagine you would just put something down that is a threat to them and walk away.     If you are lucky they might pick it up and look at the lens end.   Another idea.   

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

I've been pondering the plotwatcher as well.   I use the 2X lens.   It's black ... need to paint it.   That done, the plotwatcher is more suited to being covered with burlap or similar since there's just the one lens and no flash array to worry about.   

Beware of using slash piles.   Right now they're burning slash piles in my area.   That would suck.

Edited by MIB