Taking Stock Of Cryptid Hominids

norseman

Ok, so the skeptics are chomping at the bit to evaluate our evidence. What do we offer up as "good" evidence. Not proof mind you, but evidence. Tracks, film, audio, reports, etc. And this includes all bipedal cryptid hominids in the world. From Sasquatch to Yowie to Almasty.

List your top three pieces of evidence you like and write a short description why.

I'll start...

1- The Hobbit

Science was knocked on their kester with this one. Proving ancient myths of little people correct, skeletal remains were discovered on the island of Flores that were only 10,000 years old. At first there was a big brewhau as to what the bones were? Sickly dwarf humans? Or something more archaic. The question was answered.....it was something more archaic, Homo Erectus or below, and that debate continues.

2- The PGF

Ya, its controversial....sometimes I think we need to rename the BFF the PGFF. Despite the debate that boils to this day? No one has found the zipper, no one has offered up the suit. And unlike most film sites this film site was known, measured and photographed along with corresponding trackway after the film was shot. Add Bill Munns analysis which supports the hypothesis of a real animal with no real scientific rebuttal. I still like it.

3- Big Tree Walker's Bone Analysis

I'll be honest here I didnt think much of this when it first came out. But short of direct proof this is pretty cool stuff. I've seen some stuff there that I have not seen before. And actually got to participate in the study by submitting a femur bone of my own that had been cracked open and the bone marrow removed. I think its cool.

• Upvote 4

Thanks Norse, and yes just evidence.

Here's another one they're not sure how old or where it fits yet.

Homo naledi

Seems to be modern human below the waist. Bipedal. And primitive above the waist; shoulders, hands and skull. Quite a mixture.

Our family tree seems to be going through some overhauls. :)

• Upvote 1

How about i throw something out there, i believe we have 2 different species of bipedal ape on the east coast of Australia

Edited by yowiie

Ok, so the skeptics are chomping at the bit to evaluate our evidence. What do we offer up as "good" evidence. Not proof mind you, but evidence. Tracks, film, audio, reports, etc. And this includes all bipedal cryptid hominids in the world. From Sasquatch to Yowie to Almasty.

List your top three pieces of evidence you like and write a short description why.

I'll start...

I usually don't have any problem stating what evidence I like, but when proof is asked for it demonstrates a lack of interest in the evidence and how it is obtained, and it simply becomes pointless to talk about the evidence if the point is to simply say you don't have proof.

Good evidence often still depends on circumstance and how that is received along with the integrity of the person who collected it. All of which becomes another point contention.

One should ask if there is any benefit of trying to put evidence forth for skeptics who don't likely have the credentials to give it it's due evaluation. One can hope however, that those that do have the credentials would happen upon the evidence, and the science would advance.

Some of the most meaningful evidence to me is that which I've seen, collected, and recorded myself. Explaining why it is compelling to me could take a lot of space, but probably only compelling to those who know me or the science that would apply to it very well.

• Upvote 4

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

How about evidence I don't like?

Audio of 99% of tree knocks, same for 99% of vocalizations.

Throw in another 99% for most tree breaks. 

Too easy to fake, too many other things account for what you are seeing or hearing and even if real cannot place it with a Bigfoot as you would need evidence that associates the two, like seeing a Bigfoot vocalize or knock. Second confirmation theory.

And then there are the blob squatches and abstract patterns of light and shadow in foliage.

Evidence I would like to see, stone flaked tools, rocks used to break the bones to remove the marrow, or stone cuts on the bone or stool with meat proteins present that came from the gut of a hominid.

Once again the problem is proving what did it.

I'd settle for molecule chemical analysis of DNA if it had molecules that are not present in modern human populations.

Perhaps the hobbit has some DNA that is useable.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

No that's for some other rant thread.  I doubt you would ignore those things you dislike when you are in the field though. Being blind and deaf is no way to find an acorn. :laugh:  

• Upvote 2

Well, it's hard for me to think of three things, but then, I'm a skeptic, I don't believe nor disbelieve. So here are three things that make me open to the possibility of BF.

1. Tirademan's archives. They show BF or Wildmen are not a recent phenomenon.

2. The relic hominid theory. We know there were many branches in the hominid family tree.

3. A few strange personal experiences and stories told by my family who have lived a very rural lifestyle. I can come up with reasonable and logical explanations for each one, and none of these experiences or stories were in any way thought to be BF related when they happened, but thinking about them after learning more, I often wonder.

Edited by Rockape
  • Upvote 2

3. A few strange personal experiences and stories told by my family who have lived a very rural lifestyle. I can come up with reasonable and logical explanations for each one, and none of these experiences or stories were in any way thought to be BF related when they happened, but thinking about them after learning more, I often wonder.

Perhaps you've shared these in other threads, but I'd be curious to hear any of these experiences that you might be willing to share. These stories have obviously had an impact. Don't mean to hijack a thread, however.

To stay on track, my personal 3:

1. PGF. I mean, come on!! Spend some time with it. Really watching it. There is not one frame in that thing that cries "man in suit" to me. Man can do a lot with technology in this day and age, but they can't even get the CGI movements of the apes in the modern Planet of the Apes movies correct! My point being that 50 years ago, there was no way to either create such a realistic suit, or perfect such a flowing, natural movement. **** be real. Deal with it.

2. The video of the skunk ape in the cypress swamp, with its back to the camera. Sorry--would link to the youtube clip if I had more time. It was filmed in either Georgia or Louisiana as I recall, and created a big stir a couple years ago. This is the one where the guy runs off, scared out of his wits. Even that felt real to me. But what really got me was the SOUND of the event. Pulling apart a cypress stump had such an authentic, resonating power to it. I put it right up there with the PGF, personally.

3. Waking early one morning below Penn Valley, CA (at my Mom's residence) to a long, siren-like howl (referred to as an Ohio howl, I believe) that went on for at least 20 seconds at a volume that was simply surreal. There are no wolves in this area, and no dog made that cry. It was dead-silent for many minutes afterward. All the normal morning sounds had stopped. And the cry came from easily a mile away, yet still boomed down the valley. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

No that's for some other rant thread.  I doubt you would ignore those things you dislike when you are in the field though. Being blind and deaf is no way to find an acorn. :laugh:  

Although seeing multitudes of acorns that don't exist might create a signal that is only 1 % accurate so in the realms of statistical error.

I probably didn't get the irony just so on that one.

I think of the will o the wisp, it lures the unwary out to get lost in the swamps.

How about i throw something out there, i believe we have 2 different species of bipedal ape on the east coast of Australia

What three pieces of evidence makes you believe there are Yowie in Australia?

One thing I find interesting is that you have no Bears in Australia and yet people still report similar creautures.

Edited by norseman

Perhaps you've shared these in other threads, but I'd be curious to hear any of these experiences that you might be willing to share. These stories have obviously had an impact. Don't mean to hijack a thread, however.

Probably best saved for another thread.

Guest Crowlogic

Hobbit does not count as it is extinct.  It belongs in with the rest of the pre human ancestors.  

The bones study seems to get easily and readily discounted by academics in the field of bone analysis.  The one video I saw of the presenter seemed a bit  on the over bearing in the face side rather than a true scientific presentation.  There is word that the same people who are doing the bone work are throwing in with the portal group.  This may have been from Jeff Kelly & Co.

However video evidence that we don't have squint to make out, or wildly zoom in or stabilize and actually looks like a true entity is of course welcome.  Thermals so far have been no more convincing than most photon based capture so it should be held to a fairly high standard

Lastly stick structures, pine cone tossing, grunts, groans and other noises need not apply.  Woo based evidenced no matter how colorful and alluring can stay with Dr. J if you don't mind.