Why Has No Hunter Ever Shot A Bigfoot?

Guest Silver Fox

Guest Silver Fox

I don't exactly subscribe to the MIB theory, but let me ask debunkers this:

What would happen if any average person stumbled upon homemade nuclear power? Attach to this question the Nuclear Power Act and the term "Born Secret".

BF, ufos, and other conspiracies may fall under a similar Act or they may fall under the Nuclear Power Act?

I seriously doubt many BF are killed to begin with, if any, by cars or hunters. The things are too big and intelligent to be killed by cars often.

I read one account where one was I believe, struck by a car fleeing a forest fire in California. I do believe it was even loaded into an ambulance where it woke up and promptly bust out the ambulance and fled.

Not to brag, but in my younger years, I've had a couple people attempt to run over me on purpose due to conflict. On one occasion, I simply jumped over the car as it approached. I was a very athletic young man. Now imagine something that has been born wild and who's reflexes should make mine seem infantile. How can they be hit by a car?

BF's get hit by cars all right. They usually just bounce right off, scream and keep on going into the woods. Sometimes they killed. There have been a few cases recently.

BF's get hit by cars all right. They usually just bounce right off, scream and keep on going into the woods. Sometimes they killed. There have been a few cases recently.

Once again, you are stating internet rumors as absolutes. Can you please provide sources for this information you toss out? Any well-trained journalist would state their sources. :D

Heck, any well read internet message board poster would cite their sources. lol!

I heard this...I read that....

...sorry, but it's laughable.

Guest Silver Fox

Once again, you are stating internet rumors as absolutes. Can you please provide sources for this information you toss out? Any well-trained journalist would state their sources. :D

1880′s: Montana, near the Canadian border. A Bigfoot was killed by a train and its body was stuck under the train. Reported by Rita Swift.

Date unknown, modern era: Ohio. An Ohio sheriff’s deputy reported that he found a Bigfoot killed by a car by the side of the road. He called for backup, but soon the Ohio State Patrol came and blocked off the road. Then a dark van came and three men in military uniforms loaded the Bigfoot into the van and took it away. Reported by Ray Crowe.

Unknown date, modern era: Route 95, Maryland. A woman saw a hairy humanoid figure lying in the road dead as she drove around emergency vehicles. Reported by Ray Crowe. Government coverup.

January, 1965: Chemult, Oregon. On the Umpqua National Forest northwest of Crater Lake National Park, a Southern Pacific train traveling between between Bend and Klamath Falls towns hit a Bigfoot and killed it. They never reported it to their company or authorities because they thought they would be accused of drinking on the job. Reported in the Bigfoot Track Record.

Unknown date, probably after 1980: Cowlitz or Yale, Washington. Near Mt. St. Helens, a Bigfoot was killed by a vehicle on a highway. A US Forest Service helicopter came and took the body away. Nothing further was heard. Government coverup. Reported in the Bigfoot Track Record.

1982: Klamath, Oregon. On the Winema National Forest southeast of Crater Lake National Park, a Bigfoot was killed by a car. US Forest Service and local police sealed off the area, and the Bigfoot was hauled off in a truck. Government coverup. Reported in the Bigfoot Track Record.

July 2000: 13 miles east of Hood River, Oregon. Along the Colombia River, a dead Bigfoot was spotted on the highway on Interstate 84 off the highway in the westbound lane, apparently killed by a vehicle. The Bigfoot was grey and was stretched out in a fetal position with an arm outstretched. There were several witnesses. No further data on the case. There were no newspaper reports. Government coverup. Reported in the Bigfoot Track Record.

2001: Hood River area, Oregon. Another Bigfoot was reportedly killed on Interstate 84. When investigators went to investigate, they found only tracks and no body. Government coverup. Reported by Ray Crowe.

Silver Fox states that he is a trained journalist. His posts are filled with internet rumors and urban legends that he presents as fact. I am not the only one who thinks that if you are going to state something as a FACT, that you should back that information up with a solid source. We can generally assume that "most" posters here believe BF is real, no need to put a disclaimer in front of every post. When it comes to specific incidents however, one really should provide sources, otherwise you are merely contributing to urban legend and misconceptions. Also, by providing sources, you may enable a local researcher to look into the incident further if that hasn't already been done.

Guest Silver Fox

Silver Fox states that he is a trained journalist. His posts are filled with internet rumors and urban legends that he presents as fact. I am not the only one who thinks that if you are going to state something as a FACT, that you should back that information up with a solid source. We can generally assume that "most" posters here believe BF is real, no need to put a disclaimer in front of every post. When it comes to specific incidents however, one really should provide sources, otherwise you are merely contributing to urban legend and misconceptions. Also, by providing sources, you may enable a local researcher to look into the incident further if that hasn't already been done.

The sources for all of the above is The Bigfoot Track Record. This is a published document. You can order it for $20. The other source is a letter from Rita Swift, reporting the Bigfoot her grandfather ran over when he was a railroad man in the 1880's.

Journalists come in all types you know and most stuff in Bigfootoloy is just reports. Bigfoot books are not going to be fact-checked that much, because how do you fact-check a report. A report is a report, you simply report it as such and call it a report, that's all. Fact-checking is so you don't report lies or falsehoods. A report is neither. It's just a report. Could be right, could be wrong, usually no way to tell.

Much better SF, but you do realize that Ray Crowe rarely followed up on reports and would print just about anything to keep his newsletter in circulation? Pretty much like saying you read it in the National Enquirer.

Thank you though, at least we know where you find the sources for your "facts" lol. I would still caution not to believe most of what RC printed. Nice guy, don't get me wrong, but not someone to bat an eye if a person claimed to be BF's love slave or other such nonsense.

The sources for all of the above is The Bigfoot Track Record. This is a published document. You can order it for $20. The other source is a letter from Rita Swift, reporting the Bigfoot her grandfather ran over when he was a railroad man in the 1880's.

Journalists come in all types you know and most stuff in Bigfootoloy is just reports. Bigfoot books are not going to be fact-checked that much, because how do you fact-check a report. A report is a report, you simply report it as such and call it a report, that's all. Fact-checking is so you don't report lies or falsehoods. A report is neither. It's just a report. Could be right, could be wrong, usually no way to tell.

I have given you my opinion of the Bigfoot Track Record, I attended many meetings with Ray Crowe, so I am very aware of him and his publication. You can fact check a report by calling the witness and verifying details. You ask non-leading questions and try to rule out all known possibilities for the incident reported.

I disagree completely that a report is just a report. It is either true, false, or a misidentification. There are ways to determine this if you are willing to take the time to do so. It seems that many people don't take the time to research a report and decide to take every report as truth. This is not the way to further research. It makes for hits on a webpage and sells a few newsletters...even gives people something to talk about, but it isn't research.

Edited by Redwolf

I have given you my opinion of the Bigfoot Track Record, I attended many meetings with Ray Crowe, so I am very aware of him and his publication. You can fact check a report by calling the witness and verifying details. You ask non-leading questions and try to rule out all known possibilities for the incident reported.

I disagree completely that a report is just a report. It is either true, false, or a misidentification. There are ways to determine this if you are willing to take the time to do so. It seems that many people don't take the time to research a report and decide to take every report as truth. This is not the way to further research. It makes for hits on a webpage and sells a few newsletters...even gives people something to talk about, but it isn't research.

Another way to look at it and probably a bit more harsh to a person who believes, is that science doesn't accept Sasquatch as a real species.........so in that light? EVERY REPORT IS FALSE. They couldn't have seen it, or ran over it with a train......because it simply doesn't exist, period, end of story.

That's why we need a body.

Guest Silver Fox

Stories are stories. I suppose if you are looking for pure science, they don't hold up. But most of the world is not pure science. Sociology, psychology, anthropology, history, linguistics, all the soft sciences, we mostly just rely on whatever people tell us. They could all be making up everything all the time, and we would never know. All of these sciences rely heavily on interviews and individual reports, that's how it's done.

Anyway, anecdotal evidence (stories, rumors, bla bla) is sufficient to get a man convicted of murder in a court of law. So obviously individual reports do carry some weight.

Best we can say, scientifically, here, is "There have been a lot of stories." Now, I'm one who believes where there's smoke, there's fire. The stories are not sufficient to prove BF's existence, but once it's existence is proven, eyewitness testimony of BF behavior will be scientifically adequate when scientists write up behavioral descriptions of BF's. Ever read a biology document of a species' behavior. Relies heavily on observations by humans, sometimes Indians and old fur trappers. That's considered "good enough" in wildlife biology.

Guest Lesmore

1880′s: Montana, near the Canadian border. A Bigfoot was killed by a train and its body was stuck under the train. Reported by Rita Swift.

Date unknown, modern era: Ohio. An Ohio sheriff’s deputy reported that he found a Bigfoot killed by a car by the side of the road. He called for backup, but soon the Ohio State Patrol came and blocked off the road. Then a dark van came and three men in military uniforms loaded the Bigfoot into the van and took it away. Reported by Ray Crowe.

Unknown date, modern era: Route 95, Maryland. A woman saw a hairy humanoid figure lying in the road dead as she drove around emergency vehicles. Reported by Ray Crowe. Government coverup.

January, 1965: Chemult, Oregon. On the Umpqua National Forest northwest of Crater Lake National Park, a Southern Pacific train traveling between between Bend and Klamath Falls towns hit a Bigfoot and killed it. They never reported it to their company or authorities because they thought they would be accused of drinking on the job. Reported in the Bigfoot Track Record.

Unknown date, probably after 1980: Cowlitz or Yale, Washington. Near Mt. St. Helens, a Bigfoot was killed by a vehicle on a highway. A US Forest Service helicopter came and took the body away. Nothing further was heard. Government coverup. Reported in the Bigfoot Track Record.

1982: Klamath, Oregon. On the Winema National Forest southeast of Crater Lake National Park, a Bigfoot was killed by a car. US Forest Service and local police sealed off the area, and the Bigfoot was hauled off in a truck. Government coverup. Reported in the Bigfoot Track Record.

July 2000: 13 miles east of Hood River, Oregon. Along the Colombia River, a dead Bigfoot was spotted on the highway on Interstate 84 off the highway in the westbound lane, apparently killed by a vehicle. The Bigfoot was grey and was stretched out in a fetal position with an arm outstretched. There were several witnesses. No further data on the case. There were no newspaper reports. Government coverup. Reported in the Bigfoot Track Record.

2001: Hood River area, Oregon. Another Bigfoot was reportedly killed on Interstate 84. When investigators went to investigate, they found only tracks and no body. Government coverup. Reported by Ray Crowe.

You missed one, probably one of the more credible incidences of a BF being killed. In this case in 1941, by a young Canadian in Manitoba. From what I understand, he was hunting for Deer for the table. He was in the bush and spotted what he thought was the hindquarters of a Moose.

In this story, he shot it and killed it. When he went up to it, he realized it wasn't any Moose, but a BF.

Guest Silver Fox

You missed one, probably one of the more credible incidences of a BF being killed. In this case in 1941, by a young Canadian in Manitoba. From what I understand, he was hunting for Deer for the table. He was in the bush and spotted what he thought was the hindquarters of a Moose.

In this story, he shot it and killed it. When he went up to it, he realized it wasn't any Moose, but a BF.

Yes, John Bindernagel investigated this years later when the kid was an old man, and he thought the guy was credible. He interviewed him in person for some time.

Guest Silver Fox

Another way to look at it and probably a bit more harsh to a person who believes, is that science doesn't accept Sasquatch as a real species.........so in that light? EVERY REPORT IS FALSE. They couldn't have seen it, or ran over it with a train......because it simply doesn't exist, period, end of story.

That's why we need a body.

I agree with this 100%, thank you very much.

I figure where there's smoke, there's fire. There are so many stories, so much eyewitness testimony, no way are 40,000 eyewitness reports all lies, hallucinations or misidentifications. Combined with the excellent hard science, I figure it's probative.

But yes, to science, all of the stories are lies. But once we prove BF's existence, they will be able to go back over the stories and start accepting some of them. That's how it's done.

They get hit by a car and killed. Cops get called. Cops respond. Cops call state cops. State cops come. State cops call National Guard. National Guard comes. National Guard calls higher ups. Uniformed military in black van comes and hauls it away.

I'll finish that for you: "Credits roll."

Alternative ending: "Alarm rings."

Not to brag, but in my younger years, I've had a couple people attempt to run over me on purpose due to conflict.

I wouldn't brag about that either.