Hybrid Hypothesis Dead, Done, Stick A Fork In It....

norseman

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

The reason we have Neanderthal DNA is that we did have a successful union, otherwise what is the origin?

So oversimplifying the science is the problem.

The limb proportions, skull morphology, facial structure for Patty are all wrong for a Neanderthal, but fit correctly for a Australopithecus Boisei.

Sasquatch is in no way a recently evolved hominid species such as us unless it continued to evolve after is branched off from the Homo - Australopithecus - Australopithecus afarensis nexus at the 4 million to a million years ago. Heidelbergensis, Neanderthal, etc. where much much more recent.

But, again, the morphology, limbs, trunk, hip girdle, head, jaws, nose, crest, flat face, massive body structure  do not fit for a Homo species.

They would fit most for a Homo Habilis of you are looking for a Homo genus to hang your Bigfoot hat on as they would be most similar to an Australopithecus.

A Neanderthal would not have to live in the forest and avoid humans for thousands of years.

There is no reason they (Neanderthals) could speak and use tools, hold a job, use the telephone, run a family unit, balance a checkbook and so could be your next door neighbor, just look a bit funny but most people would not be able to put a finger on the difference. To survive into the present they would need a relic population. They would also not be all that hairy, in fact have little more than a hairy human or just as little.

Their ability to reproduce would be problematical but occasional offspring might survive.

The question is would those with Sapiens mother or Neanderthal mothers have the best ability to survive?

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

The question is would those with Sapiens mother or Neanderthal mothers have the best ability to survive?

Or, what about a hybrid child with a Sapien mother?

Somethings being overlooked here. We supposedly have Neanderthal DNA in us, but we not only lost the Neanderthal Paternal lineage, we also lost the Neanderthal maternal lineage. We don't have Neanderthal Mitochondrial DNA. So , we can't have it that both lineages were lost due to natural abortion and genetic incompatability while retaining some nuclear DNA somewhere else. Or could we? One would think that any nuclear DNA contributed from Neanderthal females would also be followed by that maternal lineage. 

So it could have been that Neanderthal males mated with modern human females and the offspring male and female went on to reproduce but with the females more successful , atleast among modern humans. The hybrid males, might have been more successful breeding back into the Neanderthal clans with the females potentially doing the same. This would account for modern human mitochondrial types being present in another hominin species, without us having theirs.

Duh....Madagascar! Those giant lemurs really got around. Skeletal remains suggest these creatures were quite surprisingly buoyant which potentially enabled them transoceanic migrations, which cutting-edge lemurology postulates may have bottlenecked near the bearing land bridge, placing them in direct proximity of those fetching and cold human females...

But seriously, perhaps the "sasquatchness" gene(s) primarily manifested in the male progeny, who were taken by the clan/troop/tribe and raised as big furries, mated to the occasional female displaying the traits. Those furless baby girls were returned to the humans. Who knows, Maybe, back then, the sasquatch was the dominant player, calling the shots while we humans worked on our flint knapping technique.

Untill we have a confirmed sample set of "the other side" for multiple groups to analyze under conducive conditions, we can't be certain the nature of their heredity, nor the peculiarities of their reproductive tolerances.

Sww-you can't really blame NA' s for any reluctance towards DNA collection/analysis by most any agency or group. Myself, having been adopted at birth, I'm intrigued by those ads for the genetic determination of one's ethnic heritage, yet I can't help think that there's more to it...such as the compilation of a national DNA data base which could be used for identification on a good number of levels or parameters, or even as a "DNA catalog" for the alien looking for that certain something ...in any case, it's potentially far more invasive than the retinal scan program that's being considered, if not already implemented, in a number of US cities' police forces, which takes and records retinal scans at traffic stops and other interactions

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

My unsubstantiated speculation is that there are modern 80% Neanderthal or better DNA present in certain individuals.

There is a certain amount of anecdotal evidence for that.

Modern, living in human populations.

So it would be passed down the female line of the Sapiens, but of course we would not be talking about a true Sapiens.

What mechanism would account for this?

Certainly it is not anticipated by the scientific community

But the other part of my unsubstantiated theory is that these folks live functionally modern lives.

I do not know if they are successful with reproduction although they would be living in a family.

They might not "fit in" in the sense of getting ahead in the American dream / nightmare.

They probably live simple lives and be highly intelligent.

They would be living non traditional life styles and seeking other "older original peoples" such as ancient Native groups or older peoples such as the Basques.

They might prefer the rural areas and small villages or the inner city.

They probably would not like the suburbs.

Just what are you trying to say? You callin' me "relic"? LOL

Interesting premise though, this 80%...is it just a feeling? Or based on some studies? The neighbors?

Just seeing where you're coming from and what brings you to this possibility.

There is a hybrid female out there and I have no doubt about this ,but how was she created  is my question?

If we have a pure seed which is human, then we mix this with some thing that is similar to human from a male species to a human female hybrid. The law states that it should be a male that should be born according to the Book. Pure seeds are allowed to bare sons and daughters so if this is true then ,humans who are of pure form of humans will bare sons and daughters.

Now here is where it gets real funky and tricky and it gets contraversal, but it states also that pure seeds that mix with hybrid breed males. This is worriesome in a way that it can cause contervs.

But what I am trying to get at is that Hybrids do not produce females or do they? or do female hybrids only produce male infants and the reason that these creatures go after female pure seed is to breed female hybrids? again theory. This could explain why they have such a low population as well as the 411 books that have been written. They need some thing from us or they would not be around us all the time. We are not looking hard enough or where we should be.MHO

Edited by ShadowBorn

Guest ChasingRabbits

Chasing Wabbits- that's fascinating! I had never heard of these folks. Strange that an immunity to plague would have any impact on viral invasions..I wonder at what level of their immune system this is occurring, as the antibodies would be quite different I would imagine...are they also persistent/immune to most other pathogens? Are they more susceptible to others? Compelling indeed!

Are researchers utilizing this in producing a viable cure for gene therapy type treatments? I'm surprised this isn't something on the evening news(ok..maybe I missed it...)

I think the Eyam Village Plague survivor descendants and HIV study was published in the early 2000s. But it's fascinating that the descendants have a gene mutation that makes them immune to HIV (prevent the virus from infecting the T-cells) and kills the virus.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Interesting premise though, this 80%...is it just a feeling? Or based on some studies? The neighbors?

Neighbors and a sighting by an anthropologist of a late teen girl when passing through a rural area out West, in the late 50's if I remember correctly.

There was also fossil remains found in South America where the individual had some Neanderthal and some modern features, the rib cage was Neanderthal. I think the site may have been 18,000 - 23,000 years old.

BFF Patron

Sww-you can't really blame NA' s for any reluctance towards DNA collection/analysis by most any agency or group. Myself, having been adopted at birth, I'm intrigued by those ads for the genetic determination of one's ethnic heritage, yet I can't help think that there's more to it...such as the compilation of a national DNA data base which could be used for identification on a good number of levels or parameters, or even as a "DNA catalog" for the alien looking for that certain something ...in any case, it's potentially far more invasive than the retinal scan program that's being considered, if not already implemented, in a number of US cities' police forces, which takes and records retinal scans at traffic stops and other interactions

I had DNA taken in the military and did not have any choice about that.  The stated reason was identification of remains.   But given the normal mode of operation of the military you can never know the whole truth.   I have had so many FBI background checks in both the military and for the airlines, anyone that tries to assume my identity is in for a rude surprise.   Quite frankly I would rather have a national identity card that worry constantly about someone stealing my identity.    Those that are most apposed are those that on the wrong side of the law most of their life.   Something needs to be done because the present system best serves the criminal element.  Retinal scans are supposed to be pretty good.    

I would not be at all surprised if our replacement in evolution already exists and is living on this planet.    If there was much difference, they would keep to themselves and not announce the differences.    I would think the changes most beneficial would be increased use of our brains.     We only use part of it now.    Who knows, advanced intelligence,  telepathy, telekinetics,  or whatever might be the next stage of evolution.      Certainly we do not need to be bigger or stronger to be most capable of survival.  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Those that are most apposed are those that on the wrong side of the law most of their life.

Or of a libertarian nature.

Yet another government card? And this will keep you safe? Sorry, ain't buying that one.

BFF Patron

We have that with the social security number now.    Which is used by everyone for purposes other than it was intended.   At one time I could refuse to give my number to a doctors office but now that I am required to because I am on medicare.       I would rather have ID with different numbers for different purposes.      

Guy

We are all of ancient origin, but the problem is for my self at least is where did the hybrid of us come from ? If man started out as man and women at one time and we were pure , then this pure male mated with that only pure female and had another pure male and so on and on. Then these pure males mated with that only pure female, then where did a hybrid female come from if there ever was one? Hybrid for me means un pure which would mean that either a pure male or a pure female mated with a an un pure female/male.

The other thing is what if among these males who have mated with this only female have had a daughter and then the process went on from there. But along the way a union that should not have happened made it's way in the evolutionary tree. Then is this where this hybrid female had come from to form what us witnesses are seeing in our forest. DNA is bringing truth to light and the more we dig into it the more we see how related we are with each other There is purity in DNA as well as mutations and these mutations are from events that have taken place within our evolutionary growth through the events that have taken place within earth history. Again this is my own opinion. If we were created from the ground then we were created from a single cell organism that assembled through time.

• Upvote 2

Chasing~with the state of aids research funding as it is, it looks like those folks may well represent the next "founder stock" following what future anthropologists term a biological bottleneck....

Crypto~ now days I doubt one would have to travel so far....Disneyworld, maybe...

SWW~ who can say what will initiate the need for such a data base, what they're looking for, or why, as our society shifts. What may be socially accepted now can easily be redefined as grounds for persecution. Then there's the whole "genetic catalog for the aliens" perspective..."come on down! We have all your genetic sample needs covered here at Earthco!"

Shadow~ species purity is something of a misnomer as for the most part there will always be elements of a population that is on the periphery of the gene pool. In lizard populations there exists gradients of form, colorations, and behaviors as dictated by successful integration to a specific habitat/microhabitat, yet these creatures are still considered the same species despite their divergence from the original type-specimen "standards" established/outlined when it was first discovered and classified, though it should be noted that the type-specimen only represents the individual at hand and may not prove typical of the species as a whole.

But should some of these subpopulations become isolated or perhaps in a dynamically shifting environment(thereby presenting new selective factors) their development may take a different path which with their gene pool restricted, often more recessive genes manifest, diversifying what there is of the population allowing for more possible traits to be tested, as it were,and eventually resulting in more finely tuned specialization, unless survival demands a trend towards a more environmentally versatile generalization.

Then when the source of isolation shifts and this new form, which arose from the original, comes back into contact with the founder population and begins to integrate back in, is this a diminished purity or is it a diversification of the gene pool?

The small odatrid monitor lizards of Australia display both diverse traits within the species and integrades between related species sharing habitat or at the range boundaries where both species may encounter the other. This imparts something of a genetic continuum in place, between species that evolved from a single original form, which has implications for ourselves in that our past was populated by who knows how many different hominid types that interbred at probably a bunch of different stages to the point where we have yet to differentiate the various sources of our genetic compositions, especially in light of the likelihood many of the contributors being extinct with no known fossil record.

As for our replacement, would you think that those in charge might opt for a species that is more suited biologically to the habitat, shows litte proclivity towards technological development, and sports a swell pelt? Just a thought...

Chasing~with the state of aids research funding as it is, it looks like those folks may well represent the next "founder stock" following what future anthropologists term a biological bottleneck....

Crypto~ now days I doubt one would have to travel so far....Disneyworld, maybe...

SWW~ who can say what will initiate the need for such a data base, what they're looking for, or why, as our society shifts. What may be socially accepted now can easily be redefined as grounds for persecution. Then there's the whole "genetic catalog for the aliens" perspective..."come on down! We have all your genetic sample needs covered here at Earthco!"

Shadow~ species purity is something of a misnomer as for the most part there will always be elements of a population that is on the periphery of the gene pool. In lizard populations there exists gradients of form, colorations, and behaviors as dictated by successful integration to a specific habitat/microhabitat, yet these creatures are still considered the same species despite their divergence from the original type-specimen "standards" established/outlined when it was first discovered and classified, though it should be noted that the type-specimen only represents the individual at hand and may not prove typical of the species as a whole.

But should some of these subpopulations become isolated or perhaps in a dynamically shifting environment(thereby presenting new selective factors) their development may take a different path which with their gene pool restricted, often more recessive genes manifest, diversifying what there is of the population allowing for more possible traits to be tested, as it were,and eventually resulting in more finely tuned specialization, unless survival demands a trend towards a more environmentally versatile generalization.

Then when the source of isolation shifts and this new form, which arose from the original, comes back into contact with the founder population and begins to integrate back in, is this a diminished purity or is it a diversification of the gene pool?

The small odatrid monitor lizards of Australia display both diverse traits within the species and integrades between related species sharing habitat or at the range boundaries where both species may encounter the other. This imparts something of a genetic continuum in place, between species that evolved from a single original form, which has implications for ourselves in that our past was populated by who knows how many different hominid types that interbred at probably a bunch of different stages to the point where we have yet to differentiate the various sources of our genetic compositions, especially in light of the likelihood many of the contributors being extinct with no known fossil record.

As for our replacement, would you think that those in charge might opt for a species that is more suited biologically to the habitat, shows litte proclivity towards technological development, and sports a swell pelt? Just a thought...