If Bigfoot Were Real.

Incorrigible1

If wood knocking is actually wood, then some form of club is necessary even if it's merely a conveniently located stick.  

Norseman is right: what was described in Europe may not be sasquatch at all.   There's a decent possibility the European "troll" / "hair man" / etc could have been akin to Zana who seems to have been fully modern human, though maybe larger on average, and in that case, I'd expect them to be tool (including club) users same as we are because "them is us."  

MIB

17 hours ago, norseman said:

Or it could be that what was present in Europe a thousand years ago was very different than Sasquatch.

Maybe.

But the renditions don't indicate they're much different at all.

Add to that the depictions and narratives of the intense interest in kidnapping women - like we've heard here in North America, especially from native tribes - and it sure sounds like the same thing.  

Edited by FarArcher

Sure. But Orangutans and Chimps are known to kidnap and copulate with human women. I don't think that should be considered a good indicator that a Woodwose and a Sasquatch are the same species. Because it's a pretty common occurance with all extant great ape species.

European wild men depictions often include rudimentary clothing and a club.....like a caveman. Sounds like a Neandethal or Cro Magnon to me. Except for the large size of course, I guess that could be considered a connection.

37 minutes ago, norseman said:

European wild men depictions often include rudimentary clothing and a club.....like a caveman. Sounds like a Neandethal or Cro Magnon to me. Except for the large size of course, I guess that could be considered a connection.

True, but that can be said of 1800s-vintage "wildman" reports from the US.  I think the clothing depiction reflects Victorian mores more than it does what the witness actually saw.  Could possibly be true of Europe as well?    ... at least it should be considered.

MIB

1 hour ago, FarArcher said:

They're not drawing, painting, woodburning, or chiseling chimps or orangutans.

?

Of course not. But if a Orangutan who is seperated by us by 11 million years will snipe our women? That leaves a giant pool of potential suitors, correct? (Chimps and humans are seperated by 4.5 million years)

Put it this way, if Orangutans from Sumatra like human women? Then it's a fair guess, Orang pendak, Yeti, Woodwose, Sasquatch, Boogers, Nakani, Almasty, Yowie and any extant or extinct known Hominoid probably does, or did as well.......

Our own DNA bears that out.

But that does NOT mean that all of these potential hairy suitors are all of the same species, or even genus. 

1 hour ago, MIB said:

True, but that can be said of 1800s-vintage "wildman" reports from the US.  I think the clothing depiction reflects Victorian mores more than it does what the witness actually saw.  Could possibly be true of Europe as well?    ... at least it should be considered.

MIB

Well medevial times pre date the Victorian era by quite abit, so I'm not sure if modesty is at play or accuracy. I'm no art expert.;)

But I do know that a wild man with a club is apart of my wife's family heraldic shield. Her last name is German.

2 hours ago, norseman said:

But I do know that a wild man with a club is apart of my wife's family heraldic shield. Her last name is German.

Is that you're wife's heraldic shield, or were you carrying a cudgel for your wedding picture?  :P

I never mentioned Orangutan separation some 11,000,000 years ago.  Not talking chimps 4.5 million years ago.  Nor do I trust their aging of these separations at any event.  

Talking about physical depictions from just a few hundred years ago.

I'm talking about Medieval depictions of these things in Europe.  They're not organgutans, so it doesn't matter what steams up orangutans.

Depictions that show them carrying clubs.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Trogluddite said:

Is that you're wife's heraldic shield, or were you carrying a cudgel for your wedding picture?  :P

46 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Germanic, or "German?" Curious.

Last name is Heintzelman. My mother's maiden name is Kreider which is Amish....we dont have one :(

4 minutes ago, FarArcher said:

I never mentioned Orangutan separation some 11,000,000 years ago.  Not talking chimps 4.5 million years ago.  Nor do I trust their aging of these separations at any event.  

Talking about physical depictions from just a few hundred years ago.

I'm talking about Medieval depictions of these things in Europe.  They're not organgutans, so it doesn't matter what steams up orangutans.

Depictions that show them carrying clubs.

You said this, so correct me if I read it wrong.

Far Archer said:

Add to that the depictions and narratives of the intense interest in kidnapping women - like we've heard here in North America, especially from native tribes - and it sure sounds like the same thing.  

-----------------------------------------------------------

Im reading that to mean that Woodwose and Sasquatch are the same thing based on the fact they both have an intense interest in kidnapping women. 

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

The question is if an animal without an opposable thumb would be handy with a club or not.

The same reason you look for radial breaks in saplings if you are looking for Bigfoot structures.

The presence of a lack or an over abundance of thumbs.

We have thumbs because we learned to use tools.

But we did not evolve five thumbs, it was easier to evolve one.

Or maybe they have thumbingers.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

BFF Patron
On September 21, 2016 at 6:45 AM, MIB said:

If wood knocking is actually wood, then some form of club is necessary even if it's merely a conveniently located stick.  

Norseman is right: what was described in Europe may not be sasquatch at all.   There's a decent possibility the European "troll" / "hair man" / etc could have been akin to Zana who seems to have been fully modern human, though maybe larger on average, and in that case, I'd expect them to be tool (including club) users same as we are because "them is us."  

MIB

Sykes claims Zana might not have been a fully modern human but a primitive human sub-Saharan African human strain that had been out of the modern human gene pool because of isolation.    His theory but fits her physical appearance fairly well.   There were several migration pushes out on Africa probably due to drought.   

I experienced rapid knocks during one encounter that could only have been made by a large branch.   I have no idea if it was picked up at the location or if it was being carried.   A juvenile was being carried so I doubt that it was too.   There was also about a 15 second interval between the time I heard it stop walking and make a big thud as I assume it drooped into a crouch and when it made the knocking.   That would have given it time to select a club from the large amount of deadwood in the area.   

The North American Native Americans used narratives to relate histories and to relate stories of these things.  They likewise gave these things names.  Names like the Choctaw called, "Cannibal Man," Commanche's Mu Pitz, or "Cannibal Monster," or Cree name "Witiko," or "Evil Man-Eating Monster," or Zuni's "Atahsaia" meaning "Cannibal Demon."

There's more similar names, but they all indicate grabbing humans for consumption.  Other NANA narratives relate frequent (apparently frequently enough) kidnapping of their women.  Whether for food or recreation - I don't know.

Two parallel narratives, but the European narratives are accompanied by scores and scores of drawings, woodcarvings, metal pressings, paintings, etc.

May be coincidence.

I just don't believe in coincidence.

May be different species.  May be similar species.  May be no connection at all.

But since only the Europeans artfully depicted them, they're the only ones that show them carrying clubs, and long branches at times. 

We keep talking about clubs and all so I figure I would post this picture of a gifting site and what they have  left us and close to where we have found tracks.  By the way there have been tracks found at this gifting site that I have never made no castings and have no plans on making no cast there at all. The question is do they walk around with rocks and sticks and clubs for there own protection. Again we have asked them for feathers of different birds and they have replied in kind in a " WoW " way that just blow our minds.  How can you kill some thing that can read you like a book with out opening that book.

Gifting_site_001.png

I hate posting pictures like this , but pictures are worth more then words. Believe ,when I say if I find a dead one it will be posted here first and If one does get shot no one will know until the results are done. But do we have a chance at even getting a shot at one if they do have that big " WoW " . :)