Olympic Peninsula Nesting Area Update

BobbyO

Dmaker said: " Branco, as for your memo claim? Your outline of it is rather vague. I asked if you were saying Obama issued a memo dealing with bigfoot and Ketchum. You said yes, it would cover both of those topics. That is different than a secret bigfoot memo.  I'm sure you could produce some report about some memo that covered some scope of wildlife in general and one could loosely apply that to both bigfoot and Ketchum's study. That is not what I meant. 

For about the third time, I ask that you read this carefully. This is what I said: "Kind'a think they may have given Dr. Sykes a little heads up & advice when he visited that lab a time or two before he revealed his findings. If Dr. Sykes had actually found that the DNA of that one sample from the USA was from a relic hominid, his testing would have violated regulations established in response to a Presidential Memo issued by Obama while Dr. K's work was ongoing. Had he declared the sample from the "cross breed bear" showed it was really a Sasquatch, that Memo and the scientific community would have discredited him and his work. by hook or crook.

Dmaker said: I'll ask you directly. Did this memo mention bigfoot and Ketchum specifically? If not, then I don't care about it at all. If your answer is yes, then we might have a bet.

That was never part of the bet, the bet was about the existence of the memo. Read what I said a few more times, maybe that little 25 watt watt bulb will light up.

Thanks for the advice WSA; I will follow it to the letter forthwith. 

51 minutes ago, norseman said:

So Barack Obama torpedoed Melba Ketchum's DNA "discovery"?

I thought Todd Disotell and other scientists did.......

http://doubtfulnews.com/2012/12/dna-experts-view-of-the-ketchum-bigfoot-dna-claim/

Did he really? :o I had no idea he would have done something like that! :mad:

Edited by Branco
  • Upvote 1

Nobody torpedoed Ketchum but Ketchum.   Go back to the original threads where we had subject matter experts weighing in on the science, on what she did wrong as a scientist.    It's obvious to a scientifically literate proponent same as it is to a scientifically literate skeptic.   Her hypothesis was neither proven nor disproven.    Remember the words "not even wrong?"  Or did y'all forget?   Do you really understand what it means?   It means that, so far as proving or disproving, what she published is not relevant to the question.   Geez.  

MIB

So Disotell nor Obama did not torpedo Ketchum.....she did it to herself?

So what about the memo?

The memo, as I understand it, would have only come into play if legitimate, repeatable science showed something unapproved.   She never got that far.

BFF Patron
12 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

When I went to survival we were told that aspects of the training were classified.    That was during the Vietnam war and it was not desired for the trainees to blab about the training and methods.   Part of that was that the military did not want future attendees to game the training with prior knowledge or the enemy to know what resistance training the aviators had done.        Since the military pretty much continues with such policies,  no matter what war we are fighting,  I would suspect that more recent attendees are under the same restrictions.   That would mean that something published in 2003 related to survival training  would not be expected to be released to the public.    We were not given handouts to take home but study materials to look at in class.        I have no doubt that the military is aware of BF because of sightings on military reservations.      One individual I know,   who is a frequent speaker on the BF convention tour,   had his sighting of three BF during military training near Saddle Mountain Oregon.    It was witnessed by other Oregon National Guard members.   Joint Base Lewis/McCord is a hot bed of sighting reports,  many of which have found there way to BFRO and other data bases.    The military knows about BF.        

Well he's got one thing in common with me, I witnessed three, and was probably involved with four or five the same night.  I was not on military maneuvers, I was outposting my home-turf.   Might have been easier to accept if I was on maneuvers.  If the military doesn't know then they should as they have penetrated missle silos

I will be on the Peninsula next year if anyone should need some extra boots on the ground.   Thanks for the update.  Got my hands full this summer in another direction though. 

Edited by bipedalist

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:33 AM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Looks like it.  And again, all they're saying is:  they're reported; footprints are reported; we can't confirm or deny but you know, be prepared.

If we think about this, it would be a great way to get people to report what they find, which doesn't happen nearly enough.  That's what I like about Meldrum's field guide; it's easy to carry, and well, why not have it along?

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:31 PM, WSA said:

Branco, l mostly use Dmaker's views as an inverse indicator of how well my life's experiences have informed me about the world and this topic. His opinions are useful for that, if little else.  You'll note he never has much to offer about his actual experiences in the wild, although I think he visited a Provincial park once, took a walk, didn't see a Sasquatch and shut down his field exploration efforts soon thereafter.  I'd pay those thousands to see him spend just a single night on the ground alone anywhere south of Montgomery . This, or anything like it, will never happen though.  My personal assessment of him is, "Often mistaken, but never in doubt."  This is but the latest example. "Ignore" would be my prescription.  

All hat, no cattle.  Couldn't have been called out more clearly or chickened out more obviously.  I took that prescription.

So, what is this memo, then?

I don't understand all this secrecy and reluctance to offer details around the demo. Whenever I refer to something, I also include a link. I don't expect people to just take something as fact because I said so. Whenever someone declines to support a claim, I automatically assume the claim is either untrue, or probably an undocumented rumour.

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

Evidently one cannot question those who know. One has to accept their word as gospel, and any attempt to elucidate further information, such as a mere link, results in the branding of the questioner as an evil disbeliever. Courtesy be damned.

It's comical.

• Upvote 2

Getting back to the original guts of this thread for a minute. In particular, the question about whether or not the "beds" were made by bears or Bigfoot. I and others have found several  black bear "nest" or beds out in the open and in limestone caves, crevices in other bedrock that had been uplifted, leaving voids created by softer beds of sediment be removed by erosion, in the hollows of both large dead-fall and living trees in river bottom lands. In every case, the fact that bear made those beds was evidenced by the distinctive claw mark left by their raking, piling and arranging the bedding material. Occasionally bear hair was found and later confirmed under the microscope.

A little over a year ago, two others and I found, painstakingly examined and photographed a very recently made, but unused bed of duff in a large section of remote lowlands in South Arkansas. That bed was made by a Bigfoot, and there was evidence to confirm that. Apparently when the Bigfoot made the bed, he/she was confident the location was safe and secure from prowling humans. Humans seldom entered that large section of land because of its remoteness and the fact there is only road into it, and that entrance is controlled by the land owner and a state agency. The landowner, another investigator and I made the trip in on ATVs through cypress lowlands - made it fine going in, got hung up and stuck coming out - to look for sign of a BF that had been harassing hunters on the fringes of the area. 

The details and photos of that BF bed were posted on a hunting forum. I'll see if I can bring it onto this forum. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Branco said:

That bed was made by a Bigfoot, and there was evidence to confirm that

What would that evidence be? Is something that can be shared here? Or do we, again, just take your word for it?

1 hour ago, Branco said:

Getting back to the original guts of this thread for a minute. In particular, the question about whether or not the "beds" were made by bears or Bigfoot. I and others have found several  black bear "nest" or beds out in the open and in limestone caves, crevices in other bedrock that had been uplifted, leaving voids created by softer beds of sediment be removed by erosion, in the hollows of both large dead-fall and living trees in river bottom lands. In every case, the fact that bear made those beds was evidenced by the distinctive claw mark left by their raking, piling and arranging the bedding material. Occasionally bear hair was found and later confirmed under the microscope.

A little over a year ago, two others and I found, painstakingly examined and photographed a very recently made, but unused bed of duff in a large section of remote lowlands in South Arkansas. That bed was made by a Bigfoot, and there was evidence to confirm that. Apparently when the Bigfoot made the bed, he/she was confident the location was safe and secure from prowling humans. Humans seldom entered that large section of land because of its remoteness and the fact there is only road into it, and that entrance is controlled by the land owner and a state agency. The landowner, another investigator and I made the trip in on ATVs through cypress lowlands - made it fine going in, got hung up and stuck coming out - to look for sign of a BF that had been harassing hunters on the fringes of the area. 

The details and photos of that BF bed were posted on a hunting forum. I'll see if I can bring it onto this forum. 

What evidence was there to confirm that a Bigfoot made the bed? You said it was unused. Was there accompanied tracks? Or did you find hair?

This was originally posted on a hunting forum in Feb of this year. I'll try to find the photos and post them later. 
Background: I received a report from a good man in south AR who said a Bigfoot had slipped in behind his deer stand and aggressively vocalized alongside a creek. Spoke to him by phone. Made arrangements to meet him and scout the area.

My Bud – the one with me during the recent Ouachita County outing – and I drove down and met him and others at his camp. We looked around and played some BF calls that night but nothing of interest. I told him I would like to look further down the creek the next day. It’s a huge uninhabited area, some wet lands, thickly wooded, one road with a locked gate
Next morning, he and I rode together on his ATV, my Bud followed in another. We drove off the primary road, onto an ATV trail, through a cypress creek. We barely made it going in. Drove to an area on the creek, parked, and we all began looking for tracks and sign. We spread out a little. After some time they whistled for me. I walked over, and saw them standing on the side of tree covered mound that was not far from the creek. (Back in my days in south AR we called those mounds “sand hills” if they showed no signs Native American usage or their artifacts.) They were looking at a mound of pine straw, leaves and some small twigs and limbs. I looked at the pile closely, and was stumped as to what had made it and why. I asked the others to hang back while I looked closer. The pile was not packed, but loosely made. Then I saw that the pile consisted of somewhat square layers. I stepped back, turned and looked at the duff on the ground a few feet from me. I could plainly see that two arms and hands had been slid under the duff in several places, lifted the layers of duffs and made the pile. The “lift-offs” had obviously exposed the old decaying duff underneath, and it was obvious that the younger duff surrounding those spots were somehow brushed, thrown or raked over them to try to conceal them. The gouge marks left by the fingers and hands in the old duff were, in places, still exposed, and others could be seen by brushing back the new duff that had been “sprinkled” over the old, exposed duff.

I then walked to the pile, and carefully began to lift of the “sections”. Some sections loosened, but most fell apart. When completely removed, the original area of duff under the pile was clearly seen to have been compacted and compressed by some large animal that had lain there. In two places in that compressed area were two large BF tracks that indented the packed ground. One of these tracks shows in the photo with a black ballpoint pen in it. The other track, I think, was photographed twice at different angles and with the dollar (?$) in it.

The area uncovered was either a Bigfoot daybed, or where one had lain in wait for prey. The area has a very large population of hogs, deer and turkey.

After leaving the area, both ATV’s were captured by cypress knees, roots and deep mud. One was freed by a winch, and used to free the other. 

• Upvote 1

• masterbarber pinned this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic