Bigfoot/sasquqtch Hunting Event

Guest CaptainMorgan

Small parties, like a shooter and a spotter don't have enough firepower. How are they going to work it?

M107_0.jpg

Firepower would be the least of their problems to overcome.

"Hunters go in the woods, you go in the woods. BF's in the woods. Our BF. "

[sings] "Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain"

Why does one need a valid hunting license to shoot an unprotected animal?

In Washington, it used to be that you could shoot "varmints", such as coyotes, ground squirrels, starlings, etc without a hunting license. Now you must buy the hunting license......

It's about money.

Well I know where I'm NOT going to camp this summer.

Detroit has a history of sightings, of both bigfoot and cougars. In some respects it seems like one place is as good as another in these parts.... :lol:

I've always been of the "grab a bit and run if you find a dead one" camp. But I waver between hacksaw and hatchet for getting the digi-paw off.

I do not believe they have a chance of doing anything except causing some kind of horrible accident. And making the big guys in this particular area MEAN!

The only thing worse than Peekies is MEAN Peekies!

I really don't get all the negative comments on this story.

Seems like most of the post are about some accident or that something is unsafe.

What is so **** unsafe about a bunch of people goin huntin.

I hope the heck they get one. Seems like it would answer alot of questions.

Admin

I hope your gun jams and an 8' tall big black shaggy grabs you by the ankles and shows you the inner workings of a tree trunk.

^ I've been told to stay away from the Abiqua BF.

They are mean.

The person telling me was not joking.

I can't get the maps to work right, but Stayton is in the right county. Just a story someone told me about getting chased while on a quad. Seemed pretty aggressive to me.

DANG.

Guest squatchrider

Why does one need a valid hunting license to shoot an unprotected animal?

I think in a lot of areas you need a valid hunting license to be hunting period. I know that my brother has to have one to hunt coyote in South Dakota even though there is no limit.

Guest squatchrider

I really don't get all the negative comments on this story.

Seems like most of the post are about some accident or that something is unsafe.

What is so **** unsafe about a bunch of people goin huntin.

I hope the heck they get one. Seems like it would answer alot of questions.

I think the unsafe part is a bunch of people who don't really know each other hunting for an animal that we don't really know much about. How will this animal react when it is shot? Will there be others of the animal in the woods trying to protect the shot animal? What if the bullet isn't strong enough to kill the animal and just pisses it off? There are a lot of variables in this "adventure". There is also the variable of the hunters themselves. If they have never seen a Bigfoot before what will there reaction be? I've read many reports where the people said they froze or didn't think they could shoot the creature because it looked too human. What if one man shoots the creature, relying on others for backup and they freeze? A group of guys getting together on CL to go hunt Bigfoot just seems like a really bad idea to me. Don't get me wrong. If they actually accomplished this I would buy the book once it was released to see the pictures and read the story but let's just say that I am not going to start putting my beer money aside to save up for the book right now.

Through the years I've heard several reports of aggressive Sas in that area. From rock throwing, logs thrown & aggressive charges, plus roads blocked w/ logs & X formations to keep people out.

Sadly, in other areas of the country where such aggression is reported, its probably due to the yahoo bigfoot hunter groups (or just thoughtless hunters) who have shot at them over the years. Imagine how you would feel if one of your family or mate were shot & killed by people. You might remain a little angry over it.

These groups that go out an hunt sasquatch need to come to grips with the fact that every time they wound one & fail in their mission, which is the usual outcome, they create another bad situation and possibly another aggressive Sasquatch.

SSR Team

I'd love nothing more than them to spook a big Male Sasquatch so bad that it freaks on them completely & in their sheer panic, they end up shooting themselves.. :)

How dare we as a Species believe we can kill another Species just for our own self satiisfaction in wanting to know that it exists, shameful.. :angry:

I'd love nothing more than them to spook a big Male Sasquatch so bad that it freaks on them completely & in their sheer panic, they end up shooting themselves.. :)

How dare we as a Species believe we can kill another Species just for our own self satiisfaction in wanting to know that it exists, shameful.. :angry:

Disagree, Bobby. We, as a species, haven't set out to kill another species. That would be rather like Heinlein's Starship Troopers. Yes, mankind has been responsible for the demise of far too many species, but it's rarely been done deliberately.

I'll willingly accept mankind, the (semi) intelligent upright primate over a species of bear or cat or mustelid as Earth's dominant species. It's good to be near the top of the food chain. Besides, if Homo hadn't seized evolutionary control of Earth, another species would have. The key is to launch ourselves off-world, to ensure our continuation.

Edited by Incorrigible1

SSR Team

Disagree, Bobby. We, as a species, haven't set out to kill another species. That would be rather like Heinlein's Starship Troopers. Yes, mankind has been responsible for the demise of far too many species, but it's rarely been done deliberately.

What's this Thread all about then ??

How do you/we know that IF they were to kill one, it wouldn't be the only fertile Female for a 200 Mile radius that is carrying Twins ??

How do you/we know that if that did happen, what kind of affect that would have on the Species, if any ??

The only reason that what this Thread is all about is being suggested, is because of Mankind's selfishness as a Species, nothing else.

It's not Food consumption so the Food Chain thing is irrelevent..

I'm not all Anti Everything, far from it, but i just don't need personally to see one on a Slab to know they exist, i guess that's the difference..

How do you/we know that IF they were to kill one, it wouldn't be the only fertile Female for a 200 Mile radius that is carrying Twins ??

How do you/we know that if that did happen, what kind of affect that would have on the Species, if any ??

On a biological level, if the demise of a female were to happen to be the only fertile example in a 200 mile radius, the species is already in a world of hurt. If the death of one meant the death of an entire population, then their fate is already inevitable.

As terrible is Mankind, they are also wonderful, in their own way, and in their potential. I'm not ready, as a species, to collectively slit my throat. I am what I am, a viable member of the dominant species on my planet.

SSR Team

On a biological level, if the demise of a female were to happen to be the only fertile example in a 200 mile radius, the species is already in a world of hurt. If the death of one meant the death of an entire population, then their fate is already inevitable.

As terrible is Mankind, they are also wonderful, in their own way, and in their potential. I'm not ready, as a species, to collectively slit my throat. I am what I am, a viable member of the dominant species on my planet.

I think you're being incredibly Human & are simply just wnating this to happen for one reasonn & one reason only, selfishness..

I still do not see that positivity in killing an Animal, any Animal, for when the only reason being is for our own knowledge..

That example of the Female carrying Twins i gave, it may not afffect the Species on the whole, the North American Continent is far bigger thann just that small part of OR that i mentioned but it may affect that particular " Gang " ( that was my vote for naming a Group of them previously :D ) for want of a better word, in Oregon.

We just don't know & again, like i said & i believe this is the crux of it, i don't personally need one cut up into bits & see proof via some Scientific Journal Paper after an autopsy to know they exist & i think that's the bottom line..

Maybe my own natural Human instincts of selfishness have sufficed, maybe i'd feel different if i hadn't seen one.