Bigfoot Dna Update

Guest Silver Fox

That would imply though that they are close enough to breed successfully with a modern human at least occasionally.

Soo.....that photo that the Weekly World News had some years ago of a female Bigfoot hooker working the Congressional trade....might have actually been true......I think I need to sit down.

Tim

As much as I would like BF to be real and have DNA to prove it - let me be the bad guy I guess and go out on a limb.

- nothing will come from this. No proof. No big revelation. Nada...

Hominins yes, but not Homo sapiens. They have anatomical features of nonhuman great apes. For example the brow ridge, prognatism, sagittal crest, short fingers, wide chest, short neck. Most of the evidence speaks for the great ape hypothesis. I just can't believe that there could be such a variation within Homo sapiens. Anatomical differences are the main aspect to distinguish species.

Wouldn't you expect to find some "bigfoot" features in people that live in the wild like some tribes still do in Papua New Guinea, if bigfoots really were Homo sapiens?

But I believe that they could have bred with humans. Then the DNA would show Homo sapiens marker...

I don't know. But I like to stick to the evidence and to scientific opinion. Bindernagels and Meldrums conclusions that it's probably a great ape make a lot of sense to me.

Well, if they were Homo sapiens, would they be aloud to participate in the Olympic Games? Who could stop the USA? ;)

Well, if they were Homo sapiens, would they be aloud to participate in the Olympic Games? Who could stop the USA? ;)

Russia with her Almasty and Kaptar teams. ;);)

Correct.

Correct.

Correct.

Correct.

Since we DO have all those things, then logically they cannot be the result of "something that AIN'T", but rather something that IS.

None of the items you present has been conclusively linked to "bigfoot."

Taken collectively, they add up to a creature that has all the characteristics attributed to BF. Their reality is incontrovertible. Only in the weird psychological world of the Skeptic can real things NOT prove a real cause.

In fact, the inability of people who make such claims to actually back them up is an important contribution to my conviction that bigfoot ISN'T.

Despite all the evidence that conviction is wrong...is the earth flat Sas? Does meat spontaneously produce maggots? You can find people seriously "convinced" both of THOSE statements are true...but they are rightly dismissed...do the math...

Sure they do, especially when allowing confirmation bias and other logical fallacies to influence your judgment of consistency. It's called "folklore."

It's called discerning the truth BEHIND the folklore in this case. BF isn't a god, or a little green man. It's an animal, and the aboriginal peoples whose tales document it's existence make it quite clear that they refer to a real, flesh and blood critter, not a "god" or an alien.

Since we DO have all those things,

No we don't. We have people like you who claim that we have those things, but not one of those claims has been substantiated. Therefore, we don't have those things.

Taken collectively, they add up to a creature that has all the characteristics attributed to BF.

If not one of them can actually be demonstrated as authentic, how on earth does the collective inaccuracy of their interpretation legitimize them?

Despite all the evidence that conviction is wrong...is the earth flat Sas? Does meat spontaneously produce maggots? You can find people seriously "convinced" both of THOSE statements are true...but they are rightly dismissed...do the math...

People often believe incorrect things until the scientific method is applied and demonstrates what's really behind the phenomenon. World renowned scientists like Dr. Jeff Meldrum have been investigating bigfoot for years and have failed to even demonstrate that such creatures exist. If you "do the math", you'll find that the scientists who've been investigating bigfoot have batted 0.000 thusfar. The most logical explanation is that there really isn't a bigfoot for them to discover. A less logical explanation is that there is a bigfoot but the scientists investigating it are incompetent. The least logical explanation is that there's some kind of global conspiracy to keep the discovery of such creatures from ever coming to light.

I'm sticking with the first one until the evidence points otherwise.

It's called discerning the truth BEHIND the folklore in this case. BF isn't a god, or a little green man. It's an animal, and the aboriginal peoples whose tales document it's existence make it quite clear that they refer to a real, flesh and blood critter, not a "god" or an alien.

Well we all know that those "aboriginal peoples" never held any beliefs that either weren't demonstrably false or open to misinterpretation. . .

It is being suggested by some that the mythical Gods were human-looking aliens. If this is true, even those myths and stories are based in truth.

It's been suggested that Amy Adams has a huge crush on me. If this is true, I'm totally calling her.

I've also been telling people that the reason is obvious why we can't find bigfoot: THEY AREN'T!

Or, atleast they aren't conforming to many conceived notions of what BF "IS".

Directed toward Saskeptic and Drew:

You and many others will soon find that many things we label as "folklore" or "myth" are based in truth. Even the stories of Greek Gods.

It is being suggested by some that the mythical Gods were human-looking aliens. If this is true, even those myths and stories are based in truth.

More likely mythological Greek creatures, heroes, Amazons and the like were based on fossils found on the Isle of Samos (mammoth skeletons look human when assembled upright; the skulls looks like those of Cyclops).

See:

The First Fossil Hunters: Paleontology in Greek and Roman Times

As much as I would like BF to be real and have DNA to prove it - let me be the bad guy I guess and go out on a limb.

- nothing will come from this. No proof. No big revelation. Nada...

And you maybe correct...who ever is attempting to ignore their existence may succeed and even if a actual body is laid down in front of 50 million...that may not be sufficient.

My friend Mulder said:

3) Like you, this is puzzling to me...for MtDNA to be passed on, they would have to "breed true".

***Yet anything close enough genetically to breed true w/humans would NOT have such extensive ape-like features and/or behaviors.***

Susi shockingly replies: Amen!!!

Apes with humans?

Have any such offspring/ children been born?

Edited by SweetSusiq

Correct.

Correct.

Correct.

Correct.

Since we DO have all those things, then logically they cannot be the result of "something that AIN'T", but rather something that IS.

None of the items you present has been conclusively linked to "bigfoot."

Taken collectively, they add up to a creature that has all the characteristics attributed to BF. Their reality is incontrovertible. Only in the weird psychological world of the Skeptic can real things NOT prove a real cause.

In fact, the inability of people who make such claims to actually back them up is an important contribution to my conviction that bigfoot ISN'T.

Sure they do, especially when allowing confirmation bias and other logical fallacies to influence your judgment of consistency. It's called "folklore."

Guest COGrizzly

Apes with humans?

Have any such offspring/ children been born?

Susiq - Joseph Stalin tried to create a kind of "super" soldier and did experiments mating the two. It was on Monsterquest once. I do not recall if those efforts were successful.

Close doesn't count as far as DNA is concerned. If it isn't an exact match, it isn't human, period. This is not a guess, or opinion, it is a legal fact. I have been so advised face to face by a States Attorney with interest in the subject.

There is a difference between doing species ID (with consideration of species variability) and matching DNA to a specific person. Exact matching, is this sense wouldn't apply.