Stick Structures

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Why does a stick structure have anything to do with bigfoot? Has anyone ever seen a bigfoot creating one of these structures? Has anyone found hair inside these structures?

I'm just not seeing the correlation.

RayG

That's a good question RayG, have you ever noticed or studied any sort of odd structure while in the field during an investigation? Chris B.

Please don't demand the collection of hairs or footprints that you will later dismiss.

Then please don't present stick structures/piles as evidence of bigfoot. :D

That's a good question RayG, have you ever noticed or studied any sort of odd structure while in the field during an investigation? Chris B.

No, not during an investigation of bigfoot activity, but yes, my 15 years of military service (19 years if you include cadets) meant some of that time was spent in the boonies building and living in the **** things.

Ever been on a military exercise in the field?

RayG

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Then please don't present stick structures/piles as evidence of bigfoot. :D

No, not during an investigation of bigfoot activity, but yes, my 15 years of military service (19 years if you include cadets) meant some of that time was spent in the boonies building and living in the **** things.

Ever been on a military exercise in the field?

RayG

RayG, I don't think anyone has presented any stick structures as evidence of Bigfoot in this thread, this is just a discussion of theories and ideas of what they may or may not be. A search for information and comparison.

Yes, I am an Air Force veteran and have participated in a few field exercises with a bit of Para-Rescue and survivalist training as well, not that it has much to do with my current research. Mainly because, none of those type exercises are currently or have ever taken place in my research area. Since you admit you've never found a stick structure during an investigation, and also I can't help but notice you're nearing 2000 posts in another online forum of skeptics, I can't help but wonder of your intentions in this thread......Chris B.

RayG, I don't think anyone has presented any stick structures as evidence of Bigfoot in this thread, this is just a discussion of theories and ideas of what they may or may not be. A search for information and comparison.

Yes, I am an Air Force veteran and have participated in a few field exercises with a bit of Para-Rescue and survivalist training as well, not that it has much to do with my current research. Mainly because, none of those type exercises are currently or have ever taken place in my research area. Since you admit you've never found a stick structure during an investigation, and also I can't help but notice you're nearing 2000 posts in another online forum of skeptics, I can't help but wonder of your intentions in this thread......Chris B.

People do them on their own, not just because regulations says they have to do it on such-and-such a date at such-and-such a location.

Whether it's purely for practice, or fun, or to feel 'more connected to nature', or they think the new world order is about to take over, or because they think civilization is about to collapse, or because they're researching ancient ways of living, or just because they want to get away from the spouse and kids for a weekend; there are large subcultures devoted to it. They conjure different scenarios and practice different aspects of it: "Assume x, y and z and you only have p, q and r equipment, what would you do?". There are even regular national and international challenges related to it. Unfortunately for you, there's also a large component of, "Leave the area with minimal distortion, preferably as if you were never there", so you can't necessarily draw inferences from what's immediately discernable.

Even if you know for a fact that there are no military-sanctioned exercises occurring, you don't have anywhere near enough information to possibly be able to conclude that nobody is up there doing it, or what it is they may be doing if they are there. To rule it out as a possiblity in such a blanket way is to ignore a potentially perfectly valid explanation.

Given all the possibilities, you'd need something very specific in order to even justify trying to tie it to sasquatch, IMO.

Edited by dozy

I'm not saying this is BF related at all, but rather...just odd. This is about 30 miles from the nearest (small) town of Estacada, deep in the Mt Hood National Forest, 5 miles down a road where the gate was recently unlocked. I can't imagine why this is here or what its purpose is. It's large, I had to back up to get it to fit in my camera's field of view. It's also very marshy and muddy here, it was very difficult walking out to it to investigate it. It was definitely built, it's not random branches falling.

You didn't present evidence of bigfoot building these type structures, but you implied in the opening post that bigfoot is using these formations, when you said,"I beleive some of these structures are used as a day blind and the creatures use them to avoid a direct line of sight."

While there is ample evidence that humans and mother nature can create unusual formations in the woods, there is currently no evidence tying stick structures to bigfoot, regardless of what you believe.

Since you admit you've never found a stick structure during an investigation, and also I can't help but notice you're nearing 2000 posts in another online forum of skeptics, I can't help but wonder of your intentions in this thread......Chris B.

Since I don't do field investigations for bigfoot, it's no surprise that I haven't found any stick structures while not conducting field investigations.

I had nearly twice as many posts on the old BFF, but regardless of how many posts I have made elsewhere, my intent in this thread is to factually point out that there is absolutely no correlation between stick structures and bigfoot. None. Zero. Zip. Nada.

RayG

Edited by RayG

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

You didn't present evidence of bigfoot building these type structures, but you implied in the opening post that bigfoot is using these formations, when you said,"I beleive some of these structures are used as a day blind and the creatures use them to avoid a direct line of sight."

While there is ample evidence that humans and mother nature can create unusual formations in the woods, there is currently no evidence tying stick structures to bigfoot, regardless of what you believe.

Since I don't do field investigations for bigfoot, it's no surprise that I haven't found any stick structures while not conducting field investigations.

I had nearly twice as many posts on the old BFF, but regardless of how many posts I have made elsewhere, my intent in this thread is to factually point out that there is absolutely no correlation between stick structures and bigfoot. None. Zero. Zip. Nada.

RayG

I do personally beleive some formations are used by the creatures based on my research but that's just my belief, it's my personal opinion as I directly stated in the post without implying anything to anyone. I asked for other's thoughts and ideas of what the structures may or may not be and I thank you for your participation. Since you admit you do not do any field research I can't help but wonder what do you base your opinion on? Personal belief or? Chris B.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

I'm not saying this is BF related at all, but rather...just odd. This is about 30 miles from the nearest (small) town of Estacada, deep in the Mt Hood National Forest, 5 miles down a road where the gate was recently unlocked. I can't imagine why this is here or what its purpose is. It's large, I had to back up to get it to fit in my camera's field of view. It's also very marshy and muddy here, it was very difficult walking out to it to investigate it. It was definitely built, it's not random branches falling.

Great video and an interesting looking structure. It certainly doesn't look like natural falls. Chris B.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

100_2887.jpg?t=1284778198

These are interesting. I've read somewhere that some structures are described as possible markers too but that's another thread. Thanks Walkabout

Chris B.

Guest RedRatSnake

I think we all have seen these things in the woods threw out the years and some are nature and some might be campers and some could be BF but the only ones that are proven to be built by hands will have some sort of binding that holds them together, now if anyone has pictures of that sort of thing then we got something interesting to talk about for sure :)

...but the only ones that are proven to be built by hands will have some sort of binding that holds them together... :)

Even that is questionable. I was shown some pictures by a member here in private that looked just like someone or something had woven the twigs on the ends of some fir boughs together. After consulting a biologist (or some brainy person) on it they found out that it was most likely caused by a buck or a bull swinging its antlers around in those boughs. Made perfect sense to me but you sure could have fooled someone that they were made by hands.

Working in the woods my whole life I've seen tons of stick structures but I've never seen anything that couldn't be attributed to nature or man. But I'm open to ideas. :P

Guest RedRatSnake

Hey Norcal :)

That would be cool to see and a good point ( no pun ), in the past threads there were some good pics of stick structures that sure looked like they were made by someone or something but never could be proved, i remember one that looked like it had a roof and was not built all that well so some thought it was a BF, turned out to be a Boy Scout Troupe and there was proof to show it, fact is everyone has a responsibly to be careful before calling BF

Guest FuriousGeorge

No way. Not going to have it. I'm claiming that these structures were made by a small band of creative rabbits on my rabbit forum. You're not taking stick structures away from me with your bigfoot. Not having it.

Rabbits

The truth is out there

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic