Stick Structures

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Thats just not true and an over generalization. I played in the woods when I was a kid (and still do. In fact I was in the woods last night), and a few weeks ago I built my own "Stick structure" on the side of a mountain to spend the night. Growing up all the kids I talked to had built things like that.

Maybe in your part of the country, but no one I know would let children wander in remote areas in my neck of the woods( deep south)for several reasons: hunting season, marijuana growers and meth labs, cougars/bears that move through seasonally/rattle snakes/water moccasins/alligators/ packs of wild dogs and I could go on. Some of these structures that folks are showing pics of are in very remote areas and my point was that in those cases you can at least rule out one possible culprit, that being kids, unless their parent's own the land and they are pretty sure about the safety issues.

Now as for hunters, most hunters don't penetrate past 100 yards from their vehicle when hunting, so once again, I don't see why they would bother with a stick structure unless they got caught out at night. Wouldn't you see evidence of a camp fire, even after several months, if that were the case? I'm just looking at this from all angles, not discounting the possibility that you are right.

100_2887.jpg?t=1284778198

Here are just a few photos taken from the small forest behind my house in England.

Clearly, these formations were made by bigfoot - what other explanation could there be? ;)

So, as I said, either there are bigfoot living behind my house in England, or these sorts of structures are natural or man made.

I could post more, but frankly, I can't be bothered. I've posted these sorts of photos before and those who believe they are squatchy will still beleive they are squatchy, usually because it is all they find in the woods.

post-2-062311700 1284945229_thumb.jpg

post-2-047901600 1284945231_thumb.jpg

post-2-081776600 1284945233_thumb.jpg

post-2-062627100 1284945235_thumb.jpg

Structures are more amazing if you can see them in person. It is hard to see the details just in a pic.

brokeandtwistedIMG003331.jpg

This one was broken and twisted about 8 feet high.

treesbroke1.jpg

Edited by kbhunter

Here you go guys.

mapletreebreak2.jpg

This tree break happened while we were camping. We actually heard it when it broke the tree. It was right behind my parent's camper. There had been some great vocals that night as well.

treesdown.jpg

This happened in the area my son got charged, this tree was pushed over the same weekend. It was within 20 yards of one of the campers that was parked there.

closerp-1.jpg

We began finding these hardwoods with the limbs broke on the big trails that we found the tracks on. There would be more every time we went there. There ended up being new fresh breaks every weekend when we would return.

benttrees.jpg

These were draped across the main trail headed alongside the creek where we found the dead deer with the broken neck and the tracks in the creek.

sametreefoundlyingonground.jpg

This pine wa literally broke in half at the base. A green live tree, My son was hunting 20 yards away. Again, this happened overnight, wasn't there the evening before. Also, perfect weather with no storms.

stickstructure4.jpg

This structure was on the same area as the tracks and we found handfulls of fresh deer hair nearby.

stickstructure.jpg

This is the same structure a few weeks prior to the last photo. The limbs here were woven, one after another to form the teepee. Later there would be a smaller one made next to this one.

brokeoffstructure.jpg

This is the break that was about 10 feet from the structure. This hardwood was in the weave and was broke approx 6 feet high.

brokeoffstructure2.jpg

Another hardwood broken about 6 feet high. Again, the top of this tree was added to the woven part of the structure.

I will add more later.

KB

Edited by kbhunter

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Interesting pics KB. The stuff that happens while we're in an area is the absolute best stuff. I was out in the woods earlier this year with a small group consisting of a friend, his wife, my wife and myself. After we had trekked in about 2 miles to our hot area for BF activity, we heard a loud POP! We looked at each other and someone said out loud what we were all thinking: What was that? A few moments later we heard a tree fall and crash to the forest floor. BF related? I dunno and I hope it wasn't but it sure was something odd to have happen while we were there. Chris B.

Your right Chris. :) It is very easy to dismiss this by people who see my pics as weather or other related. I was hesitant to even post them. But, I decided to throw them out there. The trees that were broke while we were there, I know 100% was not weather related whatsoever. The trees snapped and twisted were the only ones of many surrounding trees. I know that there is no wind that can select 1 or 2 trees from thousands and only damage those 2. You add to these the dead deer we found, the tracks, the many deer bones all located in the same area, the vocals we got here and all of the rest, of it is compelling.

I suppose I will catch it from many others that read this. Oh well, I know what to expect here anyway.

Guest RedRatSnake

I think if your in the woods and know there is an animal around then hear a tree breaking there would seem to be reason to investigate ASAP, as far as i know trees just don't jettison off a limb cause they want too, ( unless it is a very cold freezing rain situation ) something is doing it.

Here are just a few photos taken from the small forest behind my house in England.

Clearly, these formations were made by bigfoot - what other explanation could there be? ;)

So, as I said, either there are bigfoot living behind my house in England, or these sorts of structures are natural or man made.

I could post more, but frankly, I can't be bothered. I've posted these sorts of photos before and those who believe they are squatchy will still beleive they are squatchy, usually because it is all they find in the woods.

Put that first photo (the large "X") in a location miles off the trail in the forest, in a clearing with no trees around that they fell from, and I'd be interested. The other photos, don't really say much.

What does amaze me, is just how well palmetto grows in the England.

Yes RRS, there is much more to these pics than just the visuals. We actually did here the one hardwood break. It was where are of the vocals we hear that night was coming from. We walked over the next day to look for the break we heard happen.

Edited by kbhunter

Guest RedRatSnake

I can go along with BF breaking trees ok but the structures that look like fallen branches are a bit much to use as evidence, after all i have seen that many times in our local state forest and i can assure everyone we got no BF around here it's just too developed and there is no sizable living space for anything without being detected.

Paul, I believe all of us have seen 100 natural looking tree or branch falls for every one that we find that is interesting. The ones we are finding interesting we are sharing with one another.

Paul, I believe all of us have seen 100 natural looking tree or branch falls for every one that we find that is interesting. The ones we are finding interesting we are sharing with one another.

That is true Indie.

I would like to add this, Paul, we are not all a bunch of ninnies running through the woods calling everything "squatchy".

I am NOT an investigator, I am a observer. One who was NOT looking for this creature, they found us. It was one of those things that happened and to be honest, I am not sure if I am glad about it either.

Edited by kbhunter

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic