Sasquatch In Your Backyard. Now What?

Guest tracker

Guest tracker

Okay this is not about the Erickson project but situations like that. Also I'll add having Bf's living on or visit someones property is not as rare as some would think IMO. A bond of friendship and trust can be established. So most of these gentle encounters are never reported. Or at least not until they are long gone then the witnesses come forward.

Lets consider the average situation and a home owners choices.

What if you have kids and pets that want to play in the backyard?

What if you earn a regular person working income? so you don't have cash for all the toys and lab expenses.

Bf's are smart and are very observant. As soon as you change something like mounting a trail Cam or strangers are present they'll know and maybe leave?

Would you leave, study, protect, feed them or call in an ambitious Bf Org or try to prove they exist yourself or go for the fast money and fame and use a riffle?

And what about security, if word gets out do you think no trespass signs would stop anybody? And also there's goes your privacy.

So you got family of gentle & curious Bf's visiting your backyard eating from your garden. You get the complete behavior package including a bonus of them peeping in your windows at night? That one's for you Sas! wink.gif

And were not talking about the even rarer 911 situations. Those Bf's are rogues IMO and that's an entirely different thread. Later wait for it.

Anyone can say they would do this and that in the forums unattached. But your POV will change when you see how human they are closer up. So with that said what would you do?

as always JMO tracker, dry.gif

Edited by tracker

SSR Team

You'll like this T..;)

I live in a rural area and I have given this some serious thought. After much consideration I would keep my mouth shut and breath not a word to a soul. If I had a habituation situation on my property I would take every opportunity to observe, interact, keep a detailed journey of day, time, place, weather, interacts etc. but I wouldn't breathe a word to anyone. It would be the chance of a lifetime and I would never endanger the relationship. Those who are here on the forum have taken a ton of criticism for not gathering evidence and for not calling in the troops for the purpose of proof, are brave souls. How do we know they aren't quietly documenting and gathering evidence, it's a one in trillion opportunity and I would not blow for the sake of those who voraciously seek evidence. No way! There simply has to be a way where diligent field work will eventually bring sufficent evidence to at least bring dollars for evidence that will lead to proof of the species. IMO Dr. Ketchum's got the right idea. If successful it's another large brick in the wall.

Guest bsruther

I'd tell people that I had a Jedi-Bigfoot livin' in my woods and that the force was strong, with this one. I think even the wackiest researchers would leave me alone, at that point.

The thought of gaining notoriety from a situation like that, terrifies me. I'd either chase them off or let them stay and act crazier than I already am.

LOLOL Bsruthers. Kind of like the grandfather in "Lost Boys" who just matter of factly talks about the vampire infestation. They thought he was just old and nuts too. That would be one way to handle it.

I do not want anything looking in my windows regardless of whether it appears human or not. So I would probably do like Sasfooty and some others suggested and buy some old security cameras that aren't really working to perch up on my deck rails in order to keep them off my deck. As a matter of fact, I have one sitting on my deck right now just in case.

I wouldn't care what they ate from the fruit trees or vegetable garden if I had either of those, but I would be really pissed if they ate or stomped on my flowers.

I am not going to any great effort that involves me getting out into the heat/cold or insect infested terrain to watch, track, or document them. If I see one while out on the river fishing that is fine, but I'm not killing myself trying to find one.

What if one of your actions or decisions hurts one of them or causes one of their youngsters to be injured? What if something you do really makes them angry?

They know where you live. They know where your children live.

Some of the very poorly thought out suggestions that I've heard thrown at these folks don't take this into account.

Guest bsruther

What if one of your actions or decisions hurts one of them or causes one of their youngsters to be injured? What if something you do really makes them angry?

You make it sound like their going to send ***** over, to break my legs.

Acts of aggression from them would definitely be something to consider. Don't know if I could handle them sneakin' up on me or watchin' me either.

G-u-i-d-o

Edited by bsruther

338 Mag & 225 grain Interbond time. Any habituation (i.e. baiting) I did would be to set up the shot of a lifetime...

Edited by NDT

SSR Team

338 Mag & 225 grain Interbond time. Any habituation (i.e. baiting) I did would be to set up the shot of a lifetime...

Nice..

Would you aim for the Torso or the Head ??

Edited by BobbyO

LOLOL Bsruthers. Kind of like the grandfather in "Lost Boys" who just matter of factly talks about the vampire infestation. They thought he was just old and nuts too. That would be one way to handle it.

I do not want anything looking in my windows regardless of whether it appears human or not. So I would probably do like Sasfooty and some others suggested and buy some old security cameras that aren't really working to perch up on my deck rails in order to keep them off my deck. As a matter of fact, I have one sitting on my deck right now just in case.

I wouldn't care what they ate from the fruit trees or vegetable garden if I had either of those, but I would be really pissed if they ate or stomped on my flowers.

I am not going to any great effort that involves me getting out into the heat/cold or insect infested terrain to watch, track, or document them. If I see one while out on the river fishing that is fine, but I'm not killing myself trying to find one.

Now this is really down to earth, practical...........but I still want some BFs on my land.

Some of the very poorly thought out suggestions that I've heard thrown at these folks don't take this into account.

It's definitely something to keep in mind. And there's no way to tell if that BF watching you from the treeline is thinking "I like watching the hairless ones!" or deciding between rip[ing your head off and breaking your back and pulling you limb from limb.

I am convinced that some sas are "gentle giants", some are (for want of a better term) "neutral" in that they'll leave you be if you leave them be, some will be content to just run you off, and some will just as soon have you for lunch as the main course as opposed to having you for lunch as a guest.

Guest tracker

You'll like this T..;)

Hey thanks Bob, I knew about that one. Also I add it may of killed his dog the day before. He seen his dog come flying over his fence 20 feet and it was already dead when it hit the ground. I might of gone outside to sort it out with a rifle? The staring from the back yard could of been a challenge? maybe it was a rogue ? JMO.

Hey this isn't just an off the top of my head topic. I keep an eye on an the area right behind my house. Multiple reports within 30 minutes drive . Also There's a small field and lake surrounded by miles of bush with lots of game. So you never know I might have some company watching the hockey game through the big picture window one of these nights? ph34r.gif What's the score? ohmy.gif

Also I should add they could come and go easily without leaving obvious signs if the conditions are right.

JMO tracker. smile.gif

Edited by tracker

Guest wood4004

The interesting perspective is are they living in our back yard or are we living in their front yard? They surely have been here longer than we have and deserve respect and not a bullet to the torso or head. The attacking bigfoot really is not a common event and when it does happen it is usually provoked. Let them be and enjoy the relationship. Save what evidence you can gather and tell know one until the encounter has ended. My thoughts. :wacko:

Guest tracker

Good points wood wink.gif

From what I hear they also like to mess with people. Moving and hiding stuff then returning it rearranged at a different location. I wonder how many people blame activity like that on kids? just a few games Bf play smile.gif

Then there's the other side of the coin when they try to gain entry into your home. ohmy.gif That would be an eye opener waking up to strange sounds or a bad smell and seeing one standing in your bedroom watching you ! wub.gif

Good luck dealing with that Psych job afterwards sad.gif

JMO tracker dry.gif