Sasquatch In Your Backyard. Now What?

Guest tracker

Here are a couple of reports of attacks on both human and animal victims from an unidentified animal because what the victims describe do not necessarily match a known predator. You hear about them fairly often as they may show up as little blurbs on CNN on a slow news day or about 4-5 pages into your local newspaper. Usually you never hear anything else about follow up or any of the other attacks in the area and it becomes an isolated incident. A lot gets attributed to known animals by local small town coroners without DNA testing. These are the kinds of reports that I pay attention to anyway:

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/nm-attack/

http://www.sussexcountian.com/news/x689782985/Harbeson-goats-killed-by-a-wild-animal

Another local example in my area is the return of the Lizard Man that attacked a van. The victim had a lot of cats that may have escaped up into the van in order to avoid being eaten which is the only explanation I can think of for why an animal would persist in attacking an inanimate object to the extent of injuring itself. The victims said that they had hauled dogs in the car and felt the DNA analysis picked up on that and not the true culprit. I still don't believe a dog can tear a van up to this extent.

http://www.wistv.com/global/story.asp?s=8332479

Thank you, Jodie, but neither of these reports qualify as "ripping a hunter limb-from-limb," which has become part of the ongoing mythos being created before our eyes among a small segment of the bigfoot community.

Said mythos includes such gems as:

1. Anyone shooting a bigfoot creature would be torn asunder by the creature's companions/family.

2. Bigfoot can sense a human's intent. If one is pure of heart, they might be granted an encounter. Any attempt to record, film, or photograph the creatures will result in no such encounter. If one is especially pure of heart, the creatures may telepathically communicate with you.

3. Those in a habituation setting rightfully protect the creatures by providing no photos, film, nor video. Anyone desiring those with habituation occurring to produce any evidence are merely jealous, lazy, internet posters that deserve nothing. Yet it's perfectly acceptable for habituators to post up a storm about their nearby inhabitants.

4. Native Americans are granted special rights by the bigfoot creature because they've proven to be stewards of nature, non-arrogant, and noble.

Guest tracker

Thank you, Jodie, but neither of these reports qualify as "ripping a hunter limb-from-limb," which has become part of the ongoing mythos being created before our eyes among a small segment of the bigfoot community.

Said mythos includes such gems as:

1. Anyone shooting a bigfoot creature would be torn asunder by the creature's companions/family.

2. Bigfoot can sense a human's intent. If one is pure of heart, they might be granted an encounter. Any attempt to record, film, or photograph the creatures will result in no such encounter. If one is especially pure of heart, the creatures may telepathically communicate with you.

3. Those in a habituation setting rightfully protect the creatures by providing no photos, film, nor video. Anyone desiring those with habituation occurring to produce any evidence are merely jealous, lazy, internet posters that deserve nothing. Yet it's perfectly acceptable for habituators to post up a storm about their nearby inhabitants.

4. Native Americans are granted special rights by the bigfoot creature because they've proven to be stewards of nature, non-arrogant, and noble.

There was one report posted here not long ago about a guide in YNP? or further west Who took a shot at one that was approaching and apparently it tore him apart right in front of the two ladies he was showing off for. The girls ran for the ranger station and they closed the park and searched for the creature. i recall even a heli or plane was brought in, maybe for an evac? . It went on to mention they kept the girls lock down and debriefed them that what they must of saw a bear only. Anyways reports like that get covered up or exaggerated etc so who knows?

does someone remember that one?

I do remember the report, and remember it from the BFF version 1. It's unverified, as are virtually all such reports. That's the reason I've asked for the law enforcement reports.

Anyone can report most anything they wish.

So in order for something to be real in your eyes you must find a law enforcement report? Buddy you sure miss a lot then, many things don't make it to that report!

Bodies torn limb from limb aren't reported to law enforcement?

Buddy, I simply don't believe such stories.

Edited by Incorrigible1

Guest tracker

I do remember the report, and remember it from the BFF version 1. It's unverified, as are virtually all such reports. That's the reason I've asked for the law enforcement reports.

Anyone can report most anything they wish.

Sorry In, not sure where you are going with your posts? You don't believe they can be aggressive enough to hurt humans or that it's never happened because we don't have a police reports for creature attacks or missing persons? I can understand that POV but who could live to report such attacks ? and if they did find a body then every critter in the forest could of taken a bite.

There's so many reports does anyone know of some attacks or b&e attempts ? pls post . thanks

oh yea JMO tracker dry.gif

I'm not one to put a great deal of faith in the reports found on the internet of "hunters torn limb from limb." It seems law enforcement isn't either.

Guest tracker

I'm not one to put a great deal of faith in the reports found on the internet of "hunters torn limb from limb." It seems law enforcement isn't either.

I know what you mean, occasionally i find interesting reports that make me go hmm.

Sometimes i don't believe what i seeing when in the field. Fresh tracks, black scat much bigger than a human or bears. You see a dark shape moving in the bush And I am like yea right, com'n out big boy. Your so big and strong why are you hiding & afraid of one unarmed human?? So then i approach and I hear low growls or snorting gutteral noises. Hey that's pretty good for a guy in a suit. Why don't you show yourself tough guy it's just me and you here?

jmo tracker dry.gif

Here is a website with shooting reports.

http://lawnflowersjerkyandbigfoots.com/bigfootshootings.aspx

2001-08; CA, Yuba; a hunter shoots while looking at a bigfoot thru rifle scope

2001-09; WA, King; a camper shoots at a bigfoot in the dark with a shotgun and a pistol

2001-10; TX, Tyler; a bigfoot is seen standing still in backyard, followed promptly by gunshots in adjacent woods

2001-10; TX, unknown; a gunshot startles a bigfoot lying on ground, it gets up and runs at hunter who shoots at it

2001-11; AL, Coosa; hunter shoots a bigfoot standing under treestand, it runs away thru pasture, pond, and woods

2002 prior; OK, Choctaw; man shoots a bigfoot, bigfoots then throw rocks and sticks at house

2002-10; AR, Johnson; hunter shoots a bigfoot multiple times with .22 LR's

2003-05; OR, Clatsop; a bigfoot throws rock at a shooter, shooter then shoots at the bigfoot

2003-07; TN, Lincoln; man shoots at a bigfoot seen near a house the bigfoot stumbles and runs away

2003-08; TX, Hood; a running bigfoot knocks down a human and dog, human then shoots the bigfoot

2003-08; TX, Walker; Police Acadamy student shoots a bigfoot in his backyard, the bigfoot escapes BFRO Rprt 7467

2003-10; AR, Benton; a female bigfoot gets shot by drunks at campfire in woods

2003-11; PA, Westmoreland; hunter shoots a bigfoot in the shoulder, it screams and flees

2005-01; OR, Umatilla; farmer shoots a bigfoot, the bigfoot screams, falls, gets up, and runs away

2005-09; MO, Dent; a farmer attempts to shoot a bigfoot

2006; WV, Clendenin; one hunter grabs gun from second hunter who was trying to shoot a bigfoot

2006-02; TX, Navarro; 1) road crossing, 2) human shoots bf twice with 30.06 and it walks away *IBS*

2006-05; KY, Martin; camper shoots at a bigfoot

2008-03; KY, Whitley; hunters shoot at a bigfoot and bigfoot chases hunters

Guest vilnoori

I think that habituators that decide not to go hi-tech can still do significant research, but it takes dedication, time, intelligence and persistence. It is a decades-long project. Afterwards someone can plunk down on the table as evidence 10 or 15 years worth of closely hand-written journals, full of details that only close proximity and experience can gain. That would be hard to refute.

That's a good suggestion, Vilnorri.

I started a journal about five years ago & kept it going for about two years. There were pages & pages of things that they had done, my thoughts about them, & things that friends had told me about their experiences. One day I sat down & read it from beginning to end, & when I finished, I purposely deleted the whole file & have never written anything else.

To this day, I still don't know why I did it.

Guest tracker

Here is a website with shooting reports.

http://lawnflowersje...tshootings.aspx

2001-08; CA, Yuba; a hunter shoots while looking at a bigfoot thru rifle scope

2001-09; WA, King; a camper shoots at a bigfoot in the dark with a shotgun and a pistol

2001-10; TX, Tyler; a bigfoot is seen standing still in backyard, followed promptly by gunshots in adjacent woods

2001-10; TX, unknown; a gunshot startles a bigfoot lying on ground, it gets up and runs at hunter who shoots at it

2001-11; AL, Coosa; hunter shoots a bigfoot standing under treestand, it runs away thru pasture, pond, and woods

2002 prior; OK, Choctaw; man shoots a bigfoot, bigfoots then throw rocks and sticks at house

2002-10; AR, Johnson; hunter shoots a bigfoot multiple times with .22 LR's

2003-05; OR, Clatsop; a bigfoot throws rock at a shooter, shooter then shoots at the bigfoot

2003-07; TN, Lincoln; man shoots at a bigfoot seen near a house the bigfoot stumbles and runs away

2003-08; TX, Hood; a running bigfoot knocks down a human and dog, human then shoots the bigfoot

2003-08; TX, Walker; Police Acadamy student shoots a bigfoot in his backyard, the bigfoot escapes BFRO Rprt 7467

2003-10; AR, Benton; a female bigfoot gets shot by drunks at campfire in woods

2003-11; PA, Westmoreland; hunter shoots a bigfoot in the shoulder, it screams and flees

2005-01; OR, Umatilla; farmer shoots a bigfoot, the bigfoot screams, falls, gets up, and runs away

2005-09; MO, Dent; a farmer attempts to shoot a bigfoot

2006; WV, Clendenin; one hunter grabs gun from second hunter who was trying to shoot a bigfoot

2006-02; TX, Navarro; 1) road crossing, 2) human shoots bf twice with 30.06 and it walks away *IBS*

2006-05; KY, Martin; camper shoots at a bigfoot

2008-03; KY, Whitley; hunters shoot at a bigfoot and bigfoot chases hunters

thanks George for posting those.wink.gif I am sure there's even more as our encounters with them have been on the rise. JMO

thanks George for posting those.wink.gif I am sure there's even more as our encounters with them have been on the rise. JMO

If you go to the webpage listed, some encounters have narratives.