Jump to content

Update on Olympic Project nest sites


BigTreeWalker
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Researcher A
BFF Patron
7 hours ago, BobbyO said:

Just came back from WA a couple of weeks back, the Olympics. ;)

 

The Olympic Project are still the most progressive research group within this subject in my mind, without doubt.

 

Really enjoyed listening to DR and Shane at the Cowlitz conference give a 2 hour presentation on the nests.

 

How they move forward with them is completely up to them imo but knowing those involved, i can't imagine they're gonna jump through hoops to update every BF Forum/website/social media page etc with where they're at with them.

 

They do their presentations pretty regularly and are generally open in them taking lots of questions from the general public.

 

Not sure what else they're expected to do to be honest.

 

Cowlitz conference?  What's that?  Linky please? So you aren't dead and still posting.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Sésquac
BFF Donor
37 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

How they move forward with them is completely up to them imo but knowing those involved, i can't imagine they're gonna jump through hoops to update every BF Forum/website/social media page etc with where they're at with them.

 

http://www.kelsolongviewchamber.org/event/squatch-fest-2020

 

In other words, they have nothing as far as BF goes? And with all due respect, the BFF is hardly "every BF Forum".

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, norseman said:


How does a elk get out of its bed without pulling its hooves under itself? I’m not saying the skookum cast was a Bigfoot. I think it was likely a Bear. But it sure wasn’t a Elk! Bears roll around and lay on the ground a lot. Without leaving tracks. Especially at a bait site. 
 

Pic1 Bear laying down

 

Pic2 Elk bed....notice hoof tracks? Elk do not crawl like bears do.

E1CEE1E3-97B5-4282-A1AF-1E88DB2CC605.jpeg

40101FF1-7772-4FE7-B857-11E045FFD0A2.png


You can skip towards the end. Bears typically lay down at bait sites.

 

Bear works to, my point would be that it was a misidentification at the time. The woller of a known animal, not sasquatch

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Huntster said:

 

It has been resurrected from posts that are several years old by an individual who is already famed for such pot stirring. If you refuse to feed the pest, maybe it will migrate?

 

calling something not bigfoot, is not pot stirring...

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

SSR Team
11 hours ago, hiflier said:

 

http://www.kelsolongviewchamber.org/event/squatch-fest-2020

 

In other words, they have nothing as far as BF goes? And with all due respect, the BFF is hardly "every BF Forum".

 

Don't go getting funny with me just because your personal belief is grossly waning Mr Hiflier, because "we" haven't got to the bottom of this all in the years "you" have been interested in it ok ? :D

 

Keep the faith, become a witness..;)

11 hours ago, bipedalist said:

 

Cowlitz conference?  What's that?  Linky please? So you aren't dead and still posting.  

 

Cowlitz County Conference or something like that it was called.

 

I was due to go in Jan so decided i'd work it around one of the conferences out there, glad I did, I enjoyed it and met some good people that I've been tapping to for years.

 

Then went up and stayed at Shane's, then a little Quinault Lodge for 3 nights R&R..;)

 

I'll be out again soon, for sure.

 

 

 

Edited by BobbyO
spelling
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

SSR Team

Here's some info update after a 20 second google search, from 60 or so days ago..;)

 

https://bigfootandbeyondpodcast.podbean.com/e/ep-034-speakin-with-shane-corson/ 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Researcher A
BFF Patron
52 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

 

Don't go getting funny with me just because your personal belief is grossly waning Mr Hiflier, because "we" haven't got to the bottom of this all in the years "you" have been interested in it ok ? :D

 

Keep the faith, become a witness..;)

 

Cowlitz County Conference or something like that it was called.

 

I was due to go in Jan so decided i'd work it around one of the conferences out there, glad I did, I enjoyed it and met some good people that I've been tapping to for years.

 

Then went up and stayed at Shane's, then a little Quinault Lodge for 3 nights R&R..;)

 

I'll be out again soon, for sure.

 

 

 

 

Oh, You mean Kelso/Longview, they have put it on there for several years now which is in Cowlitz County, sorry dense me.

11 hours ago, hiflier said:

 

http://www.kelsolongviewchamber.org/event/squatch-fest-2020

 

In other words, they have nothing as far as BF goes? And with all due respect, the BFF is hardly "every BF Forum".

 

Finally figured it out myself

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Sésquac
BFF Donor
1 hour ago, BobbyO said:

Keep the faith, become a witness..;)

 

Oh, I've kept the faith, BobbyO ;) otherwise my efforts to get science involved, and urging everyone to do the same, would have fallen by the wayside years ago. That's because I'm a staunch proponent who has been trying to Solve for Bigfoot. Becoming a witness will not do that. I have a better chance connecting and dialoguing with science. Maybe I'll see a Bigfoot one of these days and maybe not. Either way, it won't be proof.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, starchunk said:

 

Bear works to, my point would be that it was a misidentification at the time. The woller of a known animal, not sasquatch


Sigh....

 

It was an Elk wallow!! They baited it with fruit. They know that Elk were using it intermittently. The reason they picked that spot was that it would easily hold tracks. Instead of tracks? They got a body imprint. With no elk tracks leading out of it. So it wasn’t an Elk.... So what was it? Being a hunter I would never rule out a Bear because they follow their nose. 10x better smell than a blood hound. But scientists got together and proclaimed it was a large primate based on the morphology of the body cast.....Dunno.

 

But your simply playing the odds game versus truly looking at the evidence. Very frustrating.

3 hours ago, BobbyO said:

 

Don't go getting funny with me just because your personal belief is grossly waning Mr Hiflier, because "we" haven't got to the bottom of this all in the years "you" have been interested in it ok ? :D

 

Keep the faith, become a witness..;)

 

Cowlitz County Conference or something like that it was called.

 

I was due to go in Jan so decided i'd work it around one of the conferences out there, glad I did, I enjoyed it and met some good people that I've been tapping to for years.

 

Then went up and stayed at Shane's, then a little Quinault Lodge for 3 nights R&R..;)

 

I'll be out again soon, for sure.

 

 

 


Did you see the worlds largest Sitka spruce? It’s funny because Randles used to be a member here. Did the JREFers run him off?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

SSR Team
3 hours ago, hiflier said:

 

Oh, I've kept the faith, BobbyO ;) otherwise my efforts to get science involved, and urging everyone to do the same, would have fallen by the wayside years ago. That's because I'm a staunch proponent who has been trying to Solve for Bigfoot. Becoming a witness will not do that. I have a better chance connecting and dialoguing with science. Maybe I'll see a Bigfoot one of these days and maybe not. Either way, it won't be proof.

 

Very true.

 

Me however, I stopped worrying about what others think about anything long, long ago..;)

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

SSR Team
1 hour ago, norseman said:

 

Did you see the worlds largest Sitka spruce? It’s funny because Randles used to be a member here. Did the JREFers run him off?

 

Saw it on a previous trip actually Norse, that and another monster tree, maybe a Doug Fir ?

 

I done the loop road a couple of times on this trip and just relaxed mainly with a few glasses of Vino and read some books, it was hammering down for 20/24 hours a day minimum. I badly needed some me time and a re-charge.

 

I doubt they ran him off for want of a better term, i'm sure he checks in now and again, who knows. I'd bet you all the tea in China he'd prefer to be active doing stuff with his family or out doing his thing in a forest than being stuck behind a computer answering a million and one questions though..;)

 

Got to say I trust my own judgement where people are concerned impeccably and i've seen enough over the years to think that the Olympic Project are full of good people, good people who try genuine their best in what they're doing. They may not be everybody's cup of tea but I think they're good, honest people and to me that means more than anything, personally.

 

What they chose to share or not to share regarding these nests and anything else they're working on right now is completely their choice. They're not some mega secretive group and i'm sure anyone who wants to know about x or y (just talking in general now Norse, not to you) about anything can touch base with them and they'll be as open as they can be.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

 

Saw it on a previous trip actually Norse, that and another monster tree, maybe a Doug Fir ?

 

I done the loop road a couple of times on this trip and just relaxed mainly with a few glasses of Vino and read some books, it was hammering down for 20/24 hours a day minimum. I badly needed some me time and a re-charge.

 

I doubt they ran him off for want of a better term, i'm sure he checks in now and again, who knows. I'd bet you all the tea in China he'd prefer to be active doing stuff with his family or out doing his thing in a forest than being stuck behind a computer answering a million and one questions though..;)

 

Got to say I trust my own judgement where people are concerned impeccably and i've seen enough over the years to think that the Olympic Project are full of good people, good people who try genuine their best in what they're doing. They may not be everybody's cup of tea but I think they're good, honest people and to me that means more than anything, personally.

 

What they chose to share or not to share regarding these nests and anything else they're working on right now is completely their choice. They're not some mega secretive group and i'm sure anyone who wants to know about x or y (just talking in general now Norse, not to you) about anything can touch base with them and they'll be as open as they can be.


I like Randles because he is a blue collar guy who owns his own business. I think your right about him and the group. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Steering Committee
BFF Donor
On 3/8/2020 at 2:10 PM, Huntster said:

 

It has been resurrected from posts that are several years old by an individual who is already famed for such pot stirring. If you refuse to feed the pest, maybe it will migrate?

Oh, look. Said individual discovered the downvote tool.

  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
SSR Team

A recent Shane Corson interview which clarifies some stuff about the old nests and tells about new nest finds, and a "something happened" when found.

 

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Sésquac
BFF Donor

In The Nature of the Beast, Bryan Sykes outlines a dna testing procedure that eliminates the "human contamination" results so common in previous testing. As long as the hair sample is collected with basic scientific care and it is fairly fresh, it should yield valid results. 

 

If fairly fresh nests are being found, one would think that plenty of hair samples would be available. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...