Jump to content

Update on Olympic Project nest sites


BigTreeWalker
 Share

Recommended Posts

SSR Team
On 6/7/2020 at 4:21 PM, bigfootsociety said:

I did ask Shane this question in my interview and he said that unfortunately the new owners are not into it. I would love to know what’s going on for them and how a non Bigfoot believer would interpret those kind of events!

 

My guess is that they previous owners would have kept the activity zipped too as they wanted to sell haha.

 

I do know that there was a (non public) report in December/January (can't remember which specifically) from a property a few miles as the crow flies back over the ridge behind them at a Lake, a visual report.

 

The entire area is very, very unique imo, but not my business to go in to detail.

 

I know what would be cool, a call to the Olympic Project in around 6 months time from the people who bought that house. It would start all over again..;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
SSR Team

Here's Shane Corson giving an update on the **new** finds, they're incredibly cool, they truly are.

 

Spend time listening to these Guys and Girls, trust me.

 

Shane has recently given two interviews on what's happened in the last few months and if you don't know already, that's more nests, incredible print finds of both hands and feet and vocalizations that are amazing.

 

Interview 1 - Shane is around the 02:05 mark or thereabouts, with new nest info from maybe 02:30 or so.

 

Interview 2 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

Here's Shane Corson giving an update on the **new** finds, they're incredibly cool, they truly are.

 

Spend time listening to these Guys and Girls, trust me.

 

Shane has recently given two interviews on what's happened in the last few months and if you don't know already, that's more nests, incredible print finds of both hands and feet and vocalizations that are amazing.

 

Interview 1 - Shane is around the 02:05 mark or thereabouts, with new nest info from maybe 02:30 or so.

 

Interview 2 

Thanks for the links.

 

Glad to hear that they are finding new evidence around these nests.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

 

 

On 6/26/2020 at 2:33 PM, BobbyO said:

Here's Shane Corson giving an update on the **new** finds, they're incredibly cool, they truly are.

 

Spend time listening to these Guys and Girls, trust me.

 

Shane has recently given two interviews on what's happened in the last few months and if you don't know already, that's more nests, incredible print finds of both hands and feet and vocalizations that are amazing.

 

Interview 1 - Shane is around the 02:05 mark or thereabouts, with new nest info from maybe 02:30 or so.

 

Interview 2 

 

Interview 2 link is broken. I think it is ep 34 of Cliff & Bobo podcast.

 

Original podcast worth a re-listen: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/monsterxradio/2018/03/18/bigfoot-research-science-and-nests-with-the-olympic-projects-derek-randles 

 

Haven't heard many updates. It is hard to get into the area and do research and the site has ovegrown by now.

 

Edited by Arvedis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2018 at 9:42 PM, BigTreeWalker said:

Of course the problem still exists, how close is BF DNA to human DNA. 

I think it would be extremely close, close enough I dare say would always come up as human, or human contaminate. If we're dealing with a Hominin (Human line of Great Apes) then our DNA would be near enough the same. Which doesn't make it any easier. 

Edited by Marty
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Sésquac
BFF Donor

And I think you are extremely correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SSR Team
9 hours ago, Arvedis said:

 

 

 

Interview 2 link is broken. I think it is ep 34 of Cliff & Bobo podcast.

 

Original podcast worth a re-listen: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/monsterxradio/2018/03/18/bigfoot-research-science-and-nests-with-the-olympic-projects-derek-randles 

 

Haven't heard many updates. It is hard to get into the area and do research and the site has ovegrown by now.

 

 

That would be correct RE the Cliff and Bobo podcast.

 

I'd encourage people to listen to these three below episodes with Todd Hale which include some great recent vocalizations that have been backed up by extensive spectographic analysis that is also relayed within the episode that has David Ellis in, plus of course they are largely outlining what happened back in February with the new nest find and how that happened, only two weeks or so after i was out there with them.

 

Episode 1

 

Episode 2

 

Episode 3

 

The site hasn't overly grown over by now neither.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Sésquac
BFF Donor

Sorry BobbyO, outa plusses and thanks, at least for today. But I'll estimate when I'm back up and running that you'll have about 50 coming ;)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 4/7/2018 at 9:12 AM, SWWASAS said:

I disagree about transparency.   I have issues with methodology of both the Olympic Project and the BFRO.    With adventure tourism and herds of people involved with both, it certainly muddies the water too as to what their objectives are.  .   Derek knows me by sight.    The main rub I have with both organizations,  is that given the period of time they have both been in existence,  myself and others like me have had more success with BF in a far shorter period of time.   Both have ignored attempts on my part at contact.   I attempted to show my infrasound findings to the Ellis, the sound guy at the Olympic project, at the suggestion of Jeff Meldrum, and Ellis basically brushed me off in person.     Too many of these people are grandstanding, beating their own drum on the conference circuit,  and ignoring science all around them.   They apparently do not know or care if someone, doing things differently, has had success.  Quite frankly I think the Conference Lecture circuit has done more damage than good by creating experts where there are none. Sour grapes I know, but they have created the environment not me.  

 

Sorry to hear about this. I find your field work to be very interesting and informative. I don't know those guys but they seem above board to me, all in on BF research. Everyone in bigfootery has their circle of familiars. It seems to be how it goes socially.

Edited by Arvedis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/7/2018 at 11:12 AM, SWWASAS said:

I disagree about transparency.   I have issues with methodology of both the Olympic Project and the BFRO.    With adventure tourism and herds of people involved with both, it certainly muddies the water too as to what their objectives are.  .   Derek knows me by sight.    The main rub I have with both organizations,  is that given the period of time they have both been in existence,  myself and others like me have had more success with BF in a far shorter period of time.   Both have ignored attempts on my part at contact.   I attempted to show my infrasound findings to the Ellis, the sound guy at the Olympic project, at the suggestion of Jeff Meldrum, and Ellis basically brushed me off in person.     Too many of these people are grandstanding, beating their own drum on the conference circuit,  and ignoring science all around them.   They apparently do not know or care if someone, doing things differently, has had success.  Quite frankly I think the Conference Lecture circuit has done more damage than good by creating experts where there are none. Sour grapes I know, but they have created the environment not me.  

Yeah I agree, researchers as a whole tend to ignore ppl who have had better success in a shorter period of time, I swear it's cus they want the clout of being 'expert' Bigfoot hunters and want it all to themselves. They chat a lot of **** and usually have nothing to back it up. Why can Ghost Hunters (like myself) bring cameras and are always ready to film something but top dog Bigfooters can't? Doesn't make sense to me personally. It's the reason we have rising stars like Steve from HowtoHunt questioning or outright calling these people out for misinforming the public. I'm not insinuating every researcher is like this, but some of the top dogs certainly are. Even groups like the NAWAC, who I really like, fall under this trap of chattin **** and never backing most of it. Like when they claim to see them on a semi-regular basis individually, why are none of these researchers strapped with at least a Go-pro? 

Edited by Marty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Marty said:

Yeah I agree, researchers as a whole tend to ignore ppl who have had better success in a shorter period of time, I swear it's cus they want the clout of being 'expert' Bigfoot hunters and want it all to themselves. They chat a lot of **** and usually have nothing to back it up. Why can Ghost Hunters (like myself) bring cameras and are always ready to film something but top dog Bigfooters can't? Doesn't make sense to me personally. It's the reason we have rising stars like Steve from HowtoHunt questioning or outright calling these people out for misinforming the public. I'm not insinuating every researcher is like this, but some of the top dogs certainly are. Even groups like the NAWAC, who I really like, fall under this trap of chattin **** and never backing most of it. Like when they claim to see them on a semi-regular basis individually, why are none of these researchers strapped with at least a Go-pro? 


They need to throw their cameras over the bank and buy a rifle.... And we can call it a success when a bloody corpse is on a lab table somewhere with lots of scientists surrounding it.

 

Until then? It’s all noise. Including Isdahl and all the rest.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Sésquac
BFF Donor

Oh boy, Norseman, do I ever wish I had a plus left over for that. A could add that if people see them then there just might be some physical evidence like DNA where they stood? I also think that folks don't have DNA in mind and so are more than likely not set up to get any samples. It's like forgetting to use the camera. Or in some cases, pull out the gun. I'm sure a sighting would have that kind of an effect on many folks if what we have read and heard says anything about people's reaction, or lack of reaction, to encounters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, norseman said:

 

Until then? It’s all noise. Including Isdahl and all the rest.

I agree with that, they're all chasing their tails over the same thing. We need Intel, Intel leads to patterns, patterns can lead to longer sightings and that yields more information. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Sésquac
BFF Patron

They will not like it but you have to look at the motivations of nationally known BF researchers/ speakers on the lecture circuit.     Many have not had an encounter.   If they have it was decades ago.   A room full of hundreds of people listening intently, who have paid to hear you, has to do something to people's egos.    Some have some level of present field activity but mostly in the forms of fairly large groups,  making it highly unlikely they would even have an encounter.    A BF on a lab table would end the "are they real?" lecture curcuit  for them and the desire to listen would be focused on people who can pull off a Dianne Fossey and observe BF in the wild and those with the body who can determine genetic ancestry.    Real data determining if they are related to humans and knowing  what they are talking about beats conjecture and supposition.   .   I suspect most on the present lecture circuit would prefer that BF existence is never proven.    Meldrum probably has the most skin in the game because of what proof of existence would do to his professional reputation.  While we have several field active forum members,   most including myself, are not ready to prove existence.    If I found a body tomorrow, I would likely lose possession and whatever proof I have gathered before that happened.  There are too many government agencies involved with supression of the truth.   

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You articulated it much better than I could, I feel that's partly (and a big part) the problem. Which is mind boggling. Who knows how many acres of forests, animals and land could be saved if we proved the existence of such a creature, it would all be shut down until we knew what the Hell was going on. It would be a Godsend to all the endangered species, which Sasquatch may be among those. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • gigantor featured this topic
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...