The Squatch advantage

Midnight Owl

20 minutes ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

“crazy deceptive correct or a combination of all 3” 

Nathan you omitted an option. It’s entirely possible that you are mistaken wrt what you saw.

Misidentification.

If I may ask, exactly how are you utilizing the scientific method? Have you ever completed a course in critical thinking?

Im not trying to be combatative btw. Just questioning your claim.

I suggest you review my written account here on the forums, my sighting was not a case of misidentification.    I noted more then a few details under very clear conditions at close range.

I have not completed any course or program for critical thinking, I do not have a degree or certificate beyond a high school diploma.

I have a passion for all things related to biology and ecology.  Science has been something I have always invested time into but my 09 sighting is what pushed me over the edge.  I am also an avid bow hunter, backpacker and bush-craft nut.  The last seven years I have spent more nights in remote locations than I did my own home, I must admit that currently my wife requests I spend a little more time indoors. ;)

This does not hold as much value as the university sealed certificate but I can take the average person with a major in the listed fields out into the wild and teach a thing or two.

I have spoken with state biologists on what practices and guidelines we should take up if  we are to collect information in a scientific way and the following points are suggestions we have adopted.

I work with a small group of  individuals here in WA, we get into the field around eight or nine nights a month to collect information on caloric density, environmental/seasonal changes, human impact, wildlife movement/volumes and report locations by season and elevation.  We conduct long term audio recording in our locations year round and also there is a few long term thermal time lapse units in the works to survey power-line and railroad lines. We have defined standards for measure on incoming reports and observations, we also use available data from state weather and open zoning records.  

The goal is to be able to locate points of report generation and work backward to find patterns to be able to predict exactly when and where to be to encounter a Sasquatch. 

It is not currently organized into a condensed format as we have been bogged down with hundreds of hours of audio ( visual review on spectrograph helps but is still time consuming ) from outings and long term units.

I do think there needs to be a new topic expansion as this thread is being taken away from the OP.

3 hours ago, NathanFooter said:

You are against the very term and practice of science if you believe that a question should not be academically examined in depth

Where and when has bigfoot been academically examined in depth? 

3 minutes ago, dmaker said:

Where and when has bigfoot been academically examined in depth? 

That was kind of what I was getting at, someone has to start somewhere.      Many of the newly documented species where brought to the attention of academia by people who spent their lives in the forests, as a result they had encounters and reported on these creatures behaviors, social habits, favorite foods and movement patterns.    These people are the metaphorical stepping stone in many cases, they spur the community into action. 

I don feel that the academic field has given this subject attention so I have taken on this challenge to collect scientifically measurable information that surpasses the PG film ( just a well known example ) to gain attention of those with title.  If I can sequence a single DNA sample or record a single up close thermal video of a sasquatch then getting the scientific community to examine the information becomes closer to my reach. 

I am going to start a new topic to continue this discussion if the parties involved are interested, lets get back on track with the thread intended.

I’m still trying to figure out what the Squatch Advantage is.

SM

I am not trying to be a sm*rt a** but they have the advantage on us.They know where they live and understand what it means to live there. So what ever we do to take advantage they already know how to counter it. This is a creature that seems to understand us as humans very well. You seem to understand them as to not exist. But those of us who have seen them understand them that they are very intelligent beings and I do not mean alien beings but that of a hominid kind.If they are animal like well then they are capable of out smarting us humans. other wise we would not be arguing this with you and you would be happy with a new species on a table being studied. I never put you on ignore because you play an important part in that you make me work harder in proving them. I would take on a skeptic then have one that just agrees. It is like war when you see a friend die . It is best to take that anger and use it to kill the enemy then to drown in sorrow. Well I take your energy and use it to prove you wrong. If it cost me my life all well at least you will be wrong and I will be right and I will get the last laugh. We have to work around on how they are thinking about us and use new tech against them to take advantage of them before they are capable of catching on. Again this is just my opinion.

The question was asked about the estimated populations in the areas I visit.  The area in central Oklahoma near Lake Eufaula where I had my close encounter had an entire clan of multiple family groups according to the land owner.  I heard activity all around me but I only saw 5 subjects.  A 10 foot alpha male, and 8 foot female, 2-6 foot juveniles and a small 3 foot toddler that I seldom mention because of sounding like I was embellishing things.  I don't suggest there's a Squatch around every corner, but for whatever reasons, be it a feeling of knowing when and where to look or possibly being marked individual, I have no problems of going out to many wooded locations in Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kentucky and documenting activity regularly.  It just happens folks!  With that said, my opinion is there are a whole lot more living out there than many people realize.

Case in point: Last week I was in central Texas with two other experienced researchers of an established organization I won't name and one newbie.  We were moving down a well traveled, marked trail about 8 in the morning before the temps rose with 80-100% humidity.  One person suddenly noticed dark quick movements off to our left about 75 yards out (Day watcher).  I immediately began videoing that direction and noticed something dark which did not blend completely in with the greens and browns.  I zoomed in and captured this subject discreetly watching us as usual using cover and concealment to perfection.  The other three never noticed keyed on that specific location and were standing right beside me on a low water bridge.  I was not using a tripod and the video wiggles about and the focus kept searching because of various levels and distances of objects in line with the subject.  They stopped behind a fallen tree and used hanging leaves in front of them as cover.  

To give a better perspective of how subtle they can be (No telling how many have overlooked them) I have clipped two pictures from the video I shot that morning.  The first is marked showing how far it was off the trail.  The second is an enhanced clip showing the subject standing there watching us.   He had the big nose LOL!  Again I'm offering proof of anything I just enjoy sharing with interested folks.        

Actual distance.jpg

Enhanced pic.jpg

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, NathanFooter said:

I suggest you review my written account here on the forums, my sighting was not a case of misidentification.    I noted more then a few details under very clear conditions at close range.

I have not completed any course or program for critical thinking, I do not have a degree or certificate beyond a high school diploma.

I have a passion for all things related to biology and ecology.  Science has been something I have always invested time into but my 09 sighting is what pushed me over the edge.  I am also an avid bow hunter, backpacker and bush-craft nut.  The last seven years I have spent more nights in remote locations than I did my own home, I must admit that currently my wife requests I spend a little more time indoors. ;)

This does not hold as much value as the university sealed certificate but I can take the average person with a major in the listed fields out into the wild and teach a thing or two.

I have spoken with state biologists on what practices and guidelines we should take up if  we are to collect information in a scientific way and the following points are suggestions we have adopted.

I work with a small group of  individuals here in WA, we get into the field around eight or nine nights a month to collect information on caloric density, environmental/seasonal changes, human impact, wildlife movement/volumes and report locations by season and elevation.  We conduct long term audio recording in our locations year round and also there is a few long term thermal time lapse units in the works to survey power-line and railroad lines. We have defined standards for measure on incoming reports and observations, we also use available data from state weather and open zoning records.  

The goal is to be able to locate points of report generation and work backward to find patterns to be able to predict exactly when and where to be to encounter a Sasquatch. 

It is not currently organized into a condensed format as we have been bogged down with hundreds of hours of audio ( visual review on spectrograph helps but is still time consuming ) from outings and long term units.

I do think there needs to be a new topic expansion as this thread is being taken away from the OP.

I've read your written account. I've watched 'your' episode of finding bigfoot.

Why was your sighting not a misidentification?

How are you applying the scientific method?

Critical thinking is a must, and you just admit you don't have it.

How are you any different from every other researcher out there?

I must admit, even though I don't believe in squatch, Squatch has the advantage over you.

There's a whole other side to the coin, but without critical thinking skills you're lost in the woods.

Btw I have completed a degree, a course in critical thinking (it was a pre-requisite) and have spent more time in the woods in my life than you have. Please tell me again why your sighting could not have been a misidentification. Start a thread on it if you have to.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch
  • Upvote 2

Hi Nathanfooter,

when you collect information on "caloric density" is that prey animals and select plant species? If so, how do you do that?  Density data for a lot of animal species is probably available online or with the state biologists you've talked with. Not sure about plants.

If you were to get a wildlife biology degree you could probably get paid to do what you presently spend your off time doing. Just a thought. You might not solve the bigfoot question but getting paid to do what you love is not a bad thing. 

Before the European invasion of America, this country sustained viable Native American tribes stretching from coast to coast.  Some were nomadic moving where the conditions and food supply could sustain them as needed.  Others (Like my Cherokee ancestors) remained in one geographic location and added cultivation and storage skills to help supply their needs.  To survive, I feel the Bigfoot/Sasquatch are no different.  Some groups are mostly static, while others become migratory to a point, or others resort to dumpster diving, trash can raiding or raiding land fills at night.  My first close encounter and subsequent visual sighting came within a mile or so of public landfills.  My opinion is these subjects are not animals but a tribe of people living a very base lifestyle.  A clear advantage when some consider them much less IMO.      

• Upvote 1

Clear advantage? Off the top? Size, strength, agility, and how those things are amplified when coupled with the body of a bipedal primate's body. The primitive status of the creatures however means that any advantages are put to use in primitive ways. When those primitive ways stop short of fire-making the minimum advancements in tool use to include rock throwing, maybe some use of sticks, and breaking open tree nuts with a stone and anvil technique, one has to wonder what it is that separates out what is 'people' and what is not.

As an added bit of incredible? I cannot even come close to fathoming a ten foot tall bipedal whatever-it-is. What impact did that have on you when you saw it? The reason I ask is because in central OK, if Black Bears are in the vicinity, it would be highly improbable that one would misidentify a ten foot tall creature in that neck of the woods as being a bear. And if not a bear what else could it possibly be? I think in that regard the loose tossing around of misidentification as a possibility obviously fails unless the ten foot tall claim is somewhere around 4-5 feet off WRT to height. An enormously gross misjudgment for anyone at all familiar with observing animals in the wild. 

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron

I have issues with the how tall was it methodology used in the Finding Bigfoot shows.  "Hold up your hand as high as it's head."    Most of us reference things close to human height pretty well.   We are exposed to not only adult humans but juvenile humans and have a pretty good size reference.   But something taller or perhaps scarier than a human most likely has a over estimated height.    Call it human nature or lack of frame of reference.    The exceptions would be people that see one peering in a window or standing against a shed.    The fixed reference at least gives some sort of objective standard of reference to compare the creature with.     

The biggest advantage I see involves our constantly underestimating them. If they were in fact a "**** dirty ape" the question would have been solved long ago.

While I was actively studying them, I was outsmarted at every turn. They learn very quickly. We are crippled by our hubris, e.g. the antics of "Finding Bigfoot"

• Upvote 1

On my close encounter the large alpha male was standing next to a large tree and I noted the top of head even with a fork which was at the 10 foot level.  The two 6 footers were about 15-20 feet away from me.  I am six feet tall and recall looking level at them.  My whole way of thinking shifted from hunting a base animal to these subjects really are a people.  Very base in living but have extraordinary abilities that I still don't understand.        

BFF Patron

Most of my interactions I felt like a little kid that was being messed with by an adult uncle playing practical jokes on me.   Temper that with the likelyhood the prankster was probably a young BF.   I never felt like I had any control whatsoever of what was happening.  It not like we were playing chess or anything intellectual but when you consider what I wanted most, was to get good look at them or a photograph.    At the top their list of outcomes was to prevent that from happening while messing with me for their apparent entertainment.   That to me implies they are very skilled, even as juvenile, at avoiding face to face human contact.   

18 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Btw I have completed a degree, a course in critical thinking (it was a pre-requisite) and have spent more time in the woods in my life than you have.

You could still be wrong.

On 6/5/2018 at 4:31 PM, Squatchy McSquatch said:

ISF has a

ISF has a bunch of turds floating in the same punch bowl. I've seen no critical thinking there, just a bunch of people belittling anyone who doesn't think exactly as they do.

23 hours ago, norseman said:

I believe the OP asked what advantages Sasquatch has over Humans?

Sasquatch has the ability to turn some people into blithering idiots.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, hiflier said:

Clear advantage? Off the top? Size, strength, agility, and how those things are amplified when coupled with the body of a bipedal primate's body. The primitive status of the creatures however means that any advantages are put to use in primitive ways. When those primitive ways stop short of fire-making the minimum advancements in tool use to include rock throwing, maybe some use of sticks, and breaking open tree nuts with a stone and anvil technique, one has to wonder what it is that separates out what is 'people' and what is not.

As an added bit of incredible? I cannot even come close to fathoming a ten foot tall bipedal whatever-it-is. What impact did that have on you when you saw it? The reason I ask is because in central OK, if Black Bears are in the vicinity, it would be highly improbable that one would misidentify a ten foot tall creature in that neck of the woods as being a bear. And if not a bear what else could it possibly be? I think in that regard the loose tossing around of misidentification as a possibility obviously fails unless the ten foot tall claim is somewhere around 4-5 feet off WRT to height. An enormously gross misjudgment for anyone at all familiar with observing animals in the wild. 

I certainly think they have incredible strength and capability but I think people are often mistaken on size.    The human mind has a tendency to blow things up a little bigger and badder when fear and adrenaline are in the mix.