Field trips 2.0

BC witness

On 5/12/2022 at 8:18 PM, norseman said:

I have a 044 that I bought in 1990. That saw is my new 661. 32 inch bar. 

Usually I just pack my little electric saw. But I had some big stuff to buck today.

I have a 32” on my 13+ year old 460. I love not having to bend over to cut anything, but decided I wanted a small saw this winter that my wife can use, so I bought a new 261 with a 20”.

Not going to lie, I’ve grown to enjoy swinging the light one around - although the 460 often starts in fewer pulls than the fancy new electronic saw!

I still want an 090 (137cc) just because…

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 3:48 PM, norseman said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e0fe8ceda1db4138e40e4774f14a074d.jpeg

Norseman, nice pistol. I guess you do not have to tuck your stomach in no more for the picture. Don't worry I have a beer belly too. It cost me a few dollars to maintain. Now It will cost me a life time to get rid off. The older I get the more I eat. Great pictures of your area.

10 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

Norseman, nice pistol. I guess you do not have to tuck your stomach in no more for the picture. Don't worry I have a beer belly too. It cost me a few dollars to maintain. Now It will cost me a life time to get rid off. The older I get the more I eat. Great pictures of your area.

Believe it or not. I was 250 lbs when I player HS football and thats what I weigh today.

Ive always been big.

5' 11" 210 here and once was 170lb solid muscle at 57. Bad habits. Like sitting on a couch and not moving much. If I had the mountains and woods that some of you live in. It would be a dream for me.  I be all over it.

I've got the Bisley version in .45 Colt...

IMG_20201007_174601102.thumb.jpg.f995cd2bd4f385956fc22d4bbf2f7394.jpg

I've been thinking of selling it since I only carry 10mms in the woods these days, but it's just a great pistol.  

Developed some loads for my XDM Elite OSP 3.8" 10mm this week that will do 1" at 25 yards using 180 grain Hornady XTPs.  Trying for the same groups with 200 grain XTPs this weekend.

IMG_20220515_170838607.thumb.jpg.b57fb03f3232bb8a22b9547f6a77c9db.jpg

• Thanks 1

Nice wheel gun. I'd keep it unless you don't enjoy shooting it at the range.  Nice groupings with your XDM. 

I have a Ruger Toklat in 454 Casull that I carry whenever I'm in the woods alone. It's a lot fo fun to shoot 45 Colt from it.  Also have a Glock 40 MOS in 10mm and is the other woods gun I use. I carry that when I am with in the woods with a friend who carries as well. The Glock 40 is the firearm I shoot most accurately but I love the Toklat and would be the one I'd keep if I could have only one firearm of any type. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

@Huntster Yes, I am. It's an actual prop from "Star Trek Beyond", the most recent Trek movie. My son and I were at the studio last week visiting while we were in LA for the weekend. I worked there for 8 years, and my former boss made a VIP tour for us :)

NorthWind made a joke about Star Trek red shirts, and I posted this. Not a red shirt, but whatevs.

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 3

BFF Patron

I spy a happy dog!

That was a day well spent, cmknight. That's a great area to explore, but I don't get out that way very often. I was on a trail run with a 4x4 group on Saturday, to the same area you and I went a couple of years ago, the high ridge between Allouette and Stave Lakes. With a convoy of a dozen 4x4s, there was no chance of spotting any Sasquatch, of course.

IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1082.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Foxhill said:

I spy a happy dog!

Yup. I've gotten into the habit of taking some Milo Tucker dog treats whenever I go out walking or hiking. They are 100% beef liver treats made by a veteran buddy of mine in Victoria, BC. Dogs love them. Milo Tucker was my friend's dog. He passed from cancer some years ago, so these are named after him. He was a constant companion and helped my buddy battle his PTSD and OSI demons.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic