Field trips 2.0

BC witness

Spent the day putting out some trail cams and generally scouting out one of our areas that we have not been to since Covid 19 hit.  

We were planning on staying out through most of the night, but we were pretty wiped out by 9 PM.  Not hiking around with a 40 lb pack every weekend has made us soft.  Lol.

26711.jpeg

26709.jpeg

26712.jpeg

As we were getting ready to leave out of the area, we thought that we saw something in a small clearing next to us...

A turtle must have gotten sick, climbed on top of a stump, and died.  Ask we were standing there we noticed another turtle shell a few yards away at the foot of a game trail that we had not yet seen.

We found what might have been some old prints along the trail, but only one partisl that was somewhat fresh.

KIMG0907.JPG

KIMG0905.JPG

KIMG0906.JPG

• Upvote 3

I am not usually one to give much credence to tree structures, but we came across one that we couldn't quite explain...

KIMG0897.JPG

KIMG0886.JPG

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the pics. That turtle shell is an odd find. The tree structure appears to be natural, made when the leaning barkless log broke off from the top of the tree to its left front, and caught the slender arched tree while falling, bending it over as found.

Edited by BC witness

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I am not usually one to give much credence to tree structures, but we came across one that we couldn't quite explain...

KIMG0897.JPG

KIMG0886.JPG

How far out did you find that?  I am wondering about the likelihood of it being man made.  What are your thoughts?

I have thought that some structures that seem explainable or impossible for humans to do could be pulled of with a set of ratchet straps and come alongs.   I guess then you've got to consider how likely it would be for hoaxers to do it in the area you are in.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BC witness said:

Thanks for the pics. That turtle shell is an odd find. The tree structure appears to be natural, made when the leaning barkless log broke off from the top of the tree to its left front, and caught the slender arched tree while falling, bending it over as found.

The barkless log came from a tree About 25 to 30 feet away to the right.  I figure any wind strong enough to snap it off and sail it that far would have knocked over a lot more trees in the area.

The slender, arched tree wasn't in the line of fire, so to speak.  It was still under tension, like if the two trees above it were removed it would have sprung back up a bit.  

The arched tree would have had to have been bent down, the barkless log broken and moved 25 or so feet to be placed on the top of that, then the final tree broken and placed on top of those two.  

Again, it could be natural and I am not a proponent of tree structures.  However, this one jumped out us and it wasn't readily apparent how it happened.  No evidence of anything, but strange nonetheless.

7 hours ago, trapper said:

How far out did you find that?  I am wondering about the likelihood of it being man made.  What are your thoughts?

I have thought that some structures that seem explainable or impossible for humans to do could be pulled of with a set of ratchet straps and come alongs.   I guess then you've got to consider how likely it would be for hoaxers to do it in the area you are in.

I personally wouldn't get a group of people together to go 2 miles off trail through pretty thick brush up a steep hill, pack in equipment (because that couldn't have been done without mechanical assistance), and hoaxed something that someone would probably never see.  

But, people are weird and it can't be ruled out.  Also, just because we couldn't figure out how it couldn't have occurred naturally doesn't mean that it didn't occur naturally.  

Right now the only real connection that structure has to Sasquatch is that it was found in a forest where we have found prints in the past. We didn't see who made it or how it occurred, so I am not going to immediately leap to the conclusion that Bigfoot made it.  

I thought that it was interesting though.  First time I have seen a "structure" that honestly didn't look natural.  

This area is interesting once you get deep in and off the path.

26714.jpeg

The turtle shell could have been picked up by someone else stupid enough to push their way through the holly trees for what seemed like forever to get in there and placed on a stump after looking at it.

It was strange finding two like that, one at the beginning of a game trail that we wouldn't have noticed otherwise.  Could be a Turtles' Graveyard type of situation.. where old turtles are compelled to travel to when they begin to die.  Lol.

Strange, but I try not to read too much into this sort of stuff.  Nothing that is connected to Bigfoot on the face of it, but pretty neat.  

• Upvote 2

OK, the picture didn't show where you say that log came from. Given what's in the pic, I thought it had come from the tall stump near its base. In my area, the south coastal valleys of BC, Canada, we have frequent severe wind storms, and our heavily forested terrain is full of complex blow down structures. If sasquatch does make any, they'd be impossible to distinguish from all the storm created ones.

BFF Patron

I have yet to find one of these structures in SW WA I can attribute to BF.        Some I have found were obviously built by humans showing cut marks.      Others are easily explainable by blowdown processes.      Here we get strong winds at various times of the year from the South,   Southwest, and East.    Some are hurricane force now and then.      So you get trees blowing from those directions.      Then throw in our rare thunderstorms into the mix and the gust fronts from the storms can make the trees blow any direction.    In some cases the blowdowns radiate from the point were the downdraft from the storm hit the ground and blew outward in all directions.    The only thing I can deduce is that BF in this area are not into it like other areas, or there is misinterpretation going on in other areas.      Either or both of these could be the case.    Perhaps in areas where natural windfalls take on all sorts of strange blow down arranging of the trees,    making something that might not be discernable from a natural formation does not make any sense to the local BF.   Making tree structures would certainly be in my list of questions to ask a talkative BF about their activities. 

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I personally wouldn't get a group of people together to go 2 miles off trail through pretty thick brush up a steep hill, pack in equipment (because that couldn't have been done without mechanical assistance), and hoaxed something that someone would probably never see.  

But, people are weird and it can't be ruled out.  Also, just because we couldn't figure out how it couldn't have occurred naturally doesn't mean that it didn't occur naturally.  

Right now the only real connection that structure has to Sasquatch is that it was found in a forest where we have found prints in the past. We didn't see who made it or how it occurred, so I am not going to immediately leap to the conclusion that Bigfoot made it.  

I thought that it was interesting though.  First time I have seen a "structure" that honestly didn't look natural.  

26714.jpeg

The turtle shell could have been picked up by someone else stupid enough to push their way through the holly trees for what seemed like forever to get in there and placed on a stump after looking at it.

It was strange finding two like that, one at the beginning of a game trail that we wouldn't have noticed otherwise.  Could be a Turtles' Graveyard type of situation.. where old turtles are compelled to travel to when they begin to die.  Lol.

Strange, but I try not to read too much into this sort of stuff.  Nothing that is connected to Bigfoot on the face of it, but pretty neat.  

I would sure do a metal detector search of that area around the old fireplace hearth.    You might find old coins in the dirt.   Or maybe someone's stash they hid for safe keeping.  It is private or public land?  

4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Making tree structures would certainly be in my list of questions to ask a talkative BF about their activities

All you need to do is find the whistleblower in the group. Maybe a disgruntled BF tired of eating grubs and maybe coming off of their 20th year of consuming Spring skunk cabbage ;) 

Edited by hiflier

4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

The only thing I can deduce is that BF in this area are not into it like other areas, or there is misinterpretation going on in other areas. 

SWWASAS, I have never found structures here in our area like others have found. Occasionally, I find sticks lined up in odd places - I saw one today while out and about that I want to check out. I wonder if the big structures I HAVE found were initially started by bigfoot that humans built on to, or vice versa. Like today, I found a new one. I'm 99% certain it's people, but if I found one of those out in the car woods I'd do a complete happy dance! What we find are VERY subtle things - little twists, a savings over game trails in the middle of nowhere, the occasional big twist-break. And prints. Lots of prints. We have audio of pebbles being thrown at NorthWind's truck while we were 50 yards away downhill. But structures? Nope. 

there's only one structure that I have photos of, that I'm dead certain a bigfoot made, and it wasn't a structure.

There's a really neat dude on YouTube that has amazing structure finds, up in BC. Maybe I can link it. He's a great cinematographer, too, his videos are beautiful.

Very intriguing turtle shells, @BlackRockBigfoot. Finding them on the stump? It just doesn't seem likely to happen naturally.

Edited by Madison5716

Interesting pics BRB. Perplexing thing about that tree structure. Doesn't make much sense for humans to do such a thing as I'd have pulled that grounded trunk out of the way if I was stringing a tarp over the rest of the frame to make sleeping quarters. Surely wouldn't be a problem if able to get that dead pine? over the bent hardwood of sorts. No doubt, people ARE weird but given that, still can't see why, but who knows?? Doesn't look too difficult for 2 people to get that up there even without gear? As for the turtle shells, the pics you've posted don't seem to show the plastron or lower shell. I assume you inspected them? If that's the case, I'm inclined to think someone/thing put them there. Were they in proximity to the structure?

Thanks for putting up some pics. You gonna make an honest woman out of your lady or what??:)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

26714.jpeg

Tree structures are one of those things that I could swear I have seen but cant remember actually seeing.   I would love to come across something like that out in the woods.   People say they can all be explained by wind and snow load and such but I dont think that is accurate.     Its bigfoot or hoaxers and if its hoaxers the bigfoot ones came first anyway.

Two miles off trail is a long way to go for a hoax that may never be found and that you would not hear about being found were you the hoaxer.

Either way, thanks for sharing the pics.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kiwakwe said:

Interesting pics BRB. Perplexing thing about that tree structure. Doesn't make much sense for humans to do such a thing as I'd have pulled that grounded trunk out of the way if I was stringing a tarp over the rest of the frame to make sleeping quarters. Surely wouldn't be a problem if able to get that dead pine? over the bent hardwood of sorts. No doubt, people ARE weird but given that, still can't see why, but who knows?? Doesn't look too difficult for 2 people to get that up there even without gear? As for the turtle shells, the pics you've posted don't seem to show the plastron or lower shell. I assume you inspected them? If that's the case, I'm inclined to think someone/thing put them there. Were they in proximity to the structure?

Thanks for putting up some pics. You gonna make an honest woman out of your lady or what??:)

No lower shells at all.  

Lol.  Probably tie the knot this year or early the next. Rare to find someone who not only doesn't think that I am crazy for spending my time looking into this stuff, let alone shares the passion.

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic