Field trips 2.0

BC witness

Fishing on the Columbia today on the jet sled with my best friend. His family homesteaded here. Up from Bossburg on the Canadian border. Caught one walleye so far. River is high and mad. Boiling. Rained this morn its in the 50’s here.

8A0676B2-8DE4-428B-9417-5DE8D8E5D020.jpeg

• Upvote 2

We went out to check out some recent Sasquatch sightings in an area about 3 hours away from us.  Planned on at least spending one night on location.  Pretty secluded area with a real weird and dark history.  

Spent less than 2 hours there before we got the heck out and just drove home.  I am going to have to figure out how we are going to properly approach this area in a safe manner.  My initial worry is the people who seem to be attracted to this area because of the history as opposed to anything Sasquatch related.  

Finding the remnants of a fire with pet carriers filled with excrement next to it in the middle of nowhere is always a good sign.  

F16AAA3C-959E-40DB-B6BF-59A42AAC14A2.png

• Thanks 1

Always trust your instincts. Can you imagine backpacking in and getting those feelings in the middle of the night? That's a shame you had to drive all the way there.

Can you reach out to any of those who had a recent sighting in that area?

6 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Always trust your instincts. Can you imagine backpacking in and getting those feelings in the middle of the night? That's a shame you had to drive all the way there.

Can you reach out to any of those who had a recent sighting in that area?

We are in touch with a couple of them.  

They all stressed the negatives of the area. 

Took a bike ride today on my wife's family property! This ridge is alot steeper than I realized! There are some 100 ft drop offs.

73CEFDFF-8E8B-42DE-941F-26FED53DD897.jpeg

E01211B0-AA7A-4436-935E-A3BC982EB29E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Great photos, langfordbc, thanks for posting them. Your job reminds me of a well known Glen Campbell song, and I bet you've heard that comparison a thousand times!

I've spent some time in NE BC, but not in the NW where you took these. Anywhere north of Prince George gets wild and lonely in a hurry, and goes on forever. I've followed sections of the cut line for the old 1880s telegraph line that was supposed to eventually reach Russia.

Edited by BC witness
  • Upvote 2

A small group of us went out Sunday

We were looking for a camping spot for our upcoming 1 week outing.

We also took a friend to the sight of our 2016 rock throwing incident.

That friend Jason Z. Currently has a go fund me going for his upcoming 60 day expedition 

• Upvote 1

On 6/15/2021 at 11:09 PM, BC witness said:

Great photos, langfordbc, thanks for posting them. Your job reminds me of a well known Glen Campbell song, and I bet you've heard that comparison a thousand times!

I've spent some time in NE BC, but not in the NW where you took these. Anywhere north of Prince George gets wild and lonely in a hurry, and goes on forever. I've followed sections of the cut line for the old 1880s telegraph line that was supposed to eventually reach Russia.

I have indeed - lol. The linemen on the telegraph line (which ran right through this area) were pretty rugged dudes. If I recall correctly from the book I read, they signed up for two year "shifts" and had roughly 20 miles of line to maintain each. Every day they would use their key to contact the adjacent linemen and if no contact was made, they would head in that direction to repair the break, or sometimes, find their colleague hurt or dead.

hwy37-km288-heritage_sign-yukon_telegraph-4275.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have a healthy respect for the work you do langfordbc.  I was out riding my tricycle one day when off in the distance I saw this man hanging from a pole jerk around and then was just hanging there swinging in the breeze.  I went in to get my mom to see this sight.  She quickly covered my eyes for some reason and ushered me into the house post haste.  I didn't realize until years later what I had seen, but it left an impression on me that has lasted a lifetime. 

That said, I envy the views you get doing your work!

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic