BFF Census Poll

gigantor

Poll: BFF Census  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Norseman, are you sure that is an image of Pluto?

———————————————-

Yup.

And its just as much a photographic image as any digital camera takes today.

Not at all.

Digital images on a modern camera are storied as 1s and 0s as well. And when you download the image onto a flash drive? Same. Or view it on a computer screen.

Funny...

One group thinks the other has proven again exactly what they are/what they think and the other group feels the exact same way about the other.

Not to get completely off topic, but it's just like politics in the US now.

Must be something baked into our psychology as humans.

4 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

........One group thinks the other has proven again exactly what they are/what they think and the other group feels the exact same way about the other.........

Nothing has been proven here on any side. However, I will note that I have provided budget figures with references. I did not provide any evidence that USFS, USFWS, and/or California FW did not expend any money investigating the PG event, but I would love to review any reference anybody might have to establish that they did (I suppose one might say that Lyle Laverty’s crew, visiting the site on Monday might have been paid their wages by USFS, but I’d love to review any claim that USFS authorized that visit).

My point is that Big Science follows the money, not the evidence, because there is infinitely more evidence of the existence of hominids, both past and present, than there is of extraterrestrial intelligent life.

You have pointed to NASA spending, government spending etc.   You are right.  They have had a march larger budget than BF based on producing results.    

They HAVE provided results.  

THEY are living in space (ISS)

THEY have been to mars with probes. 

THEY have done flybys of other celestial bodies.  

THEY ARE advancing society despite your poor attitude towards advancement.    

Its not today, its not tomorrow.   It may be in 100 years.  The thing is, IT IS ahead of us.  IT is our FUTURE.   Shake your fist at the clouds, shake your fist at the people on your lawn.    Go ahead, you will not stop what IS happening. NO MATTER how much you do not want or understand it.    

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Funny...

One group thinks the other has proven again exactly what they are/what they think and the other group feels the exact same way about the other.

Not to get completely off topic, but it's just like politics in the US now.

Must be something baked into our psychology as humans.

Because you simply aren’t comprehending what is being posted. 

15 minutes ago, Twist said:

.....You are right.  They have had a march larger budget than BF based on producing results. ......

“Much larger” budget? Well.........yeah. Like $621 billion to $0. 

What results do you expect from $0 investment?

......THEY ARE advancing society despite your poor attitude towards advancement.......

They’d damned sure better for $621 billion. And, BTW, I’ve been a huge proponent of many aspects of the space program. I just have no use whatsoever for much of this Mars exploration. I think we should focus on orbital satellites of all kinds and orbital military weapons.

....Shake your fist at the clouds, shake your fist at the people on your lawn.    Go ahead, you will not stop what IS happening.......

If somebody is on my lawn, I may not be able to stop it, but I can damned sure make them get off of it.

Admin

We can post videos, they are ignored by the slider.

Yup. Been happening for quite a while. In fact, the majority of space shuttle flights included classified DoD missions. Moreover, there have been lots of space launches not included in NASAs program or budget at all. DoD has it’s very own space program.

2 minutes ago, gigantor said:

We can post videos, they are ignored by the slider.

Very cool. It's probably for the better if Musk is convicted by the SEC and is no longer allowed to run a publicly traded company. Let's get his juices flowing again without worrying about investors and production targets.

4 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Yup. Been happening for quite a while. In fact, the majority of space shuttle flights included classified DoD missions. Moreover, there have been lots of space launches not included in NASAs program or budget at all. DoD has it’s very own space program.

So then why take away NASA's budget if what you have been clamoring for is already being done by the DOD???    You are getting what you want,   Sounds like you just do not like NASA looking for a way off this rock.   

Grumpy Old Men version XXXXXXX

Edited by Twist

4 minutes ago, Twist said:

So then why take away NASA's budget if what you have been clamoring for is already being done by the DOD???.........

0.5% of their budget for 1 year is “taking away their budget”?

Are you a lawyer or journalist?

........You are getting what you want,   Sounds like you just do not like NASA looking for a way off this rock.

You musta’ missed it: 

6 hours ago, Huntster said:

......I hope very much that we can propel a whole bunch of folks across the galaxy at the speed of light. Or send them into the future. Oh, say, 6 billion of them. 

But not me. I like Earth. A lot. ........

If you want to go to Mars, I’m all for it. In fact, you going makes me want to donate to the cause all the more. Are you an astronaut?

• Upvote 1

• gigantor locked this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor locked and unpinned this topic