BFF Census Poll

gigantor

Poll: BFF Census  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Admin

Whomever volunteers to go to Mars first will be on a suicide mission...

1 minute ago, Huntster said:

0.5% of their budget for 1 year is “taking away their budget”?

Are you a lawyer or journalist?

Neither. 

You musta’ missed it: 

From your point of view, yes I did. 

If you want to go to Mars, I’m all for it. In fact, you going makes me want to donate to the cause all the more. Are you an astronaut?

Not surprising.  Those that oppose advancement of culture and society often want their opponents gone.    Its easier to make them disappear then deal with them head on.   

4 minutes ago, gigantor said:

Yep, I agree. However I think there will be highly educated pioneers who are willing to take that risk. Bless 'em!

1 minute ago, Twist said:

........ Those that oppose advancement of culture and society often want their opponents gone........

Ummmm......what fool wants his opponents to stick around?

.......Its easier to make them disappear then deal with them head on.

Sometimes the best way to deal with them head on is to make them disappear........and if the damned fools want to disappear themselves, anyway, why not give them your blessing? 

7 minutes ago, gigantor said:

Yup. They won’t be coming back at all, even dead.

1 minute ago, NatFoot said:

Yep, I agree. However I think there will be highly educated pioneers who are willing to take that risk. Bless 'em!

Hopefully we eventually have statues to commemorate these individuals.   Hopefully in 400 years we know their names like we know Amerigo Vespucci or other adventurers of the like.     

10 minutes ago, norseman said:

I just want to be commander of Trump’s new Space Force! 

But I want fembots..

One can always travel the galaxies searching for Barbarella, but I heard that she traded in her rocket ship for an anti-aircraft gun.

3 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Ummmm......what fool wants his opponents to stick around?

I dont know, why do you want us to stop looking for a way off this rock?    You are the one opposed to us leaving earth......

2 minutes ago, Huntster said:

One can always travel the galaxies searching for Barbarella, but I heard that she traded in her rocket ship for an anti-aircraft gun.

Yah.... a RED one!

Admin

Alright people, lets play nice.

Just now, Twist said:

I dont know, why do you want us to stop looking for a way off this rock?    You are the one opposed to us leaving earth......

I’m not opposed to you leaving Earth. I’ve written that I welcome you to leave. Hell, at this point, I’m willing to donate a special $50 donation to the 30th Space Wing at Vandenberg to squeeze you on the next polar orbit.

2 minutes ago, gigantor said:

Alright people, lets play nice.

But this guy is jumping all over my lawn!

7 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I’m not opposed to you leaving Earth. I’ve written that I welcome you to leave. Hell, at this point, I’m willing to donate a special $50 donation to the 30th Space Wing at Vandenberg to squeeze you on the next polar orbit.

But this guy is jumping all over my lawn!

:lol:  And this antique refuses to believe the earth is round!!!!   

I'll set up a paypall and make sure it goes right to NASA if you really want to donate $50.00 !! B)

• gigantor locked this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic

The discussion above is very interesting!  I'm going to take the survey in just a sec.  Looking forward to it..  8  )

First, I do feel that Technology is very much taken for granted as Norseman said above.  No, we don't have our Jetson's style space-hovercraft yet, but look at the moderately recent technology that we do have!  For instance: we have our communicators.  Modern cell phones are not at all just basically a phone as always.  They are portable communication devices with finger-tip access to most of the information ever accumulated, or created by all of man-kind!  Not to mention the never ending number of applications, web-sites, news, social media, etc., etc.  Please don't get me started!  lol

Yes!  Go ahead with Star Wars!  I have been saying that since the Regan era.  We need to have as much capability to combat hostile airborne and space-born weaponry as can be reasonably afforded.  We should also colonize Mars!  We should probably be doing more to trigger the beginnings of a habitable atmosphere there already, as I'm guessing that might take at least a decade or so.

"Hell, for a scant $60 million, we can fund hominid searches around the globe for eons....... "  - Hunster

That would be ok with me!

Edited by xspider1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, xspider1 said:

........No, we don't have our Jetson's style space-hovercraft yet........

Actuallly, we do have them. They just aren’t in widespread use by the public.........and you aren’t see them used that way, either. In fact, the elite running the world regret the automobiles widespread use. Moreover, the inability of many on the road to operate automobiles safety and responsibility is undeniable. Car wrecks in the U.S. kill way more people than weapons.

.........Modern cell phones are not at all just basically a phone as always.  They are portable communication devices with finger-tip access to most of the information ever accumulated, or created by all of man-kind!  Not to mention the never ending number of applications, web-sites, news, social media, etc., etc........

Yup. To be accurate, they are pocket computers, themselves the product of the miniaturization that was a spinoff of the “Star Wars” investment of the Reagan administration. In addition to military superiority, technological advancement here on Earth has been the real benefit of  our space program investments, not the stones or photos brought back. And, going down to the underlying truth, it has been the investment by government that made it all possible to begin with. Private investors alone NEVER would have risked their wealth until after government started the ball rolling. The same was true of Queen Isabella financing Columbus, Jefferson financing Lewis and Clark, etc.

Edited by Huntster

Few quick comments:

#1 - the 601 billion dollars that has been spent on space study is (as has been mentioned) a deflated number.  There was no mention of black budget projects that have (and still are) studying warp drives and unidentified phenomena in space.

#2)  Huntster is great!  It's kinda nice having him on the general forum (even though I'm sure he feels a bit hamstrung at times due to the posting rules).

#3)  Charcoalers have now overtaken the gassers.  WOOT!

:-)

7 hours ago, xspider1 said:

The discussion above is very interesting!  I'm going to take the survey in just a sec.  Looking forward to it..  8  )

First, I do feel that Technology is very much taken for granted as Norseman said above.  No, we don't have our Jetson's style space-hovercraft yet, but look at the moderately recent technology that we do have!  For instance: we have our communicators.  Modern cell phones are not at all just basically a phone as always.  They are portable communication devices with finger-tip access to most of the information ever accumulated, or created by all of man-kind!  Not to mention the never ending number of applications, web-sites, news, social media, etc., etc.  Please don't get me started!  lol

Yes!  Go ahead with Star Wars!  I have been saying that since the Regan era.  We need to have as much capability to combat hostile airborne and space-born weaponry as can be reasonably afforded.  We should also colonize Mars!  We should probably be doing more to trigger the beginnings of a habitable atmosphere there already, as I'm guessing that might take at least a decade or so.

"Hell, for a scant $60 million, we can fund hominid searches around the globe for eons....... "  - Hunster

That would be ok with me!

Well said.

15 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

For a scant $60 million you still won't find Bigfoot. Pretty sure you know this, deep down inside...

Fine. I'm a scofftic lol ;)

That may be true. But if science did a 10 year, 60 million dollar comprehensive study? And came up absolutely empty handed? I think people would be more accepting of the findings.

You cannot tell me the US government doesnt spend money on dumber stuff. 

• gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor locked and unpinned this topic