GLEN THOMAS

Daniel Perez

• gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...

Great post CMB!! I remember that story from Mr Greens book! My folks bought it for me as a kid on an RV trip up into BC. The pic of the fellow standing in the hole in the rocks is forever in me brain! 

• 10 months later...

If I remember, didn't Glen watch a bigfoot dig a crater in the rocks so it could get a rodent. This picture looks like one of those holes that still exists. The picture just above my post looks like it has a rock marker thought to be bigfoots work.

All the rodents in camp sound awful, and then the dog goes on the howl. What about baiting a bunch of rat traps and putting them around camp along with an alley cat attached to a 60' cable run. Would owl decoys slow up the rodents. Check out the rolling log rodent trap. One might need a 50 gallon drum for large rodents. 

How did all the jagged boulders come about forming? 

image.thumb.png.4e470c1b2792cb752a8c6ffc63d18d99.png

Wonder if that rock that "slid" into the Thomas site excavation is still there.  Didn't go up to look this year.  I sincerely hope people don't vandalize the site.  I'd have to check my notes, but about 15 years ago a large rock did slide into the excavation.  The next summer it was out and on the northwest side of the hole as if it was just "flipped" out.  There were no scratch marks on rocks in the hole. 

Also, it looks like some of the ridgeline stone work has changed.  I don't know who goes up there, but whoever it is doesn't leave people trash.  Once in a while we'll find some hunter discard, but that's about it.

Pika photo !  They are up there and in talas south of the site.  Love those little guys.  They sure like to "talk."

Those big bare rock piles are called "talas."  There are many of them in the area.  Look at Google Earth.  There are also big talas near Signal Mountain to the north and Mt. Lowe to the south.  Be careful on them.  We have found at least four more clear excavations similar to the Thomas site.  They must not be confused with rare Native American vision quest sites which are also up there. 

Be careful on the rocks.  An accident can happen lightning fast, especially of the bare rocks are wet or icy and you don't notice.  I have three pins, a connector joint and some removed small bones in my left foot to prove that.  I was foolishly wearing Nike prowling around on one one day. 

Joe here

Joe_and_Mt._J_08_2011.JPG

Edited by joebeelart
Error on where pica are found in Oregon. My bad.
  • Upvote 1

This site is on my "Sasquatch Tourism" bucket list. Other such sites?:

* PG film site (haven't been there yet!)

* Bigfoot trap site (been there)

* Ape Canyon cabin site

* Ostman kidnap hideaway (not yet identified)

* Deduct Springs Freeman film site

Any other recommended sites?