My Perspective and questions for you all

James33

1 hour ago, PBeaton said:

hilflier,

I was askin' gigantor about that as well, no idea what was causin' it. I know it seems to be gone now, as the submit reply box is normal size again, the other two posts had huge space for some reason ???

Thanks !

Pat...

ps: Seems ta be back to normal gigantor.

You are welcome and it does look normal now. Only happened a coupla times.  Almost like the 'Enter" button got stuck after typing your text.

Edited by hiflier

Soon as I clicked the reply button, the reply box opened havin' that huge empty space. When I tried to click backspace to get rid of it, nothin' would happen. I have no idea what was goin' on, an it went away on its own...thankfully ! haha ! :fpc:

Ghost in the machine? QUICK! Get the EMF detector! Is the room suddenly cold? Did the...........wait a minute......I am up to my eyeballs with Sasquatch, I haven't got TIME for ghost stuff ;) 

IDK, DH. Maybe it means Pat will win the race to discovery? He should have the net ready for the next time he  types a  post just in case it goes haywire again.  

^^^^ Why do you think so?    I don't think anything has changed at all, not for the better, not for the worse.    If you look at the history of "bigfoot" (the social phenomenon), it periodically comes and goes, increasing and decreasing in public awareness.   I see nothing different than that now.   Someone could play "but but but" and pretend it is somehow different now ... but I'm not buying into that.  

MIB

• Upvote 1

If something is out there? It matters little to it what popularity rating it has with humans.

Other than the continued encroachment upon all wild places left in north America.

One way or the other it will sort itself out. I just hope its not for the detriment of an unknown species.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MIB said:

Why do you think so?

Because the attitude of ridicule and attack on any validity to the phenomenon has become more widespread because of the internet. TV and other media has apparently resulted in producing more believers but the assault on the subject has also escalated. There just seems to be more voices present today that demean the subject. It isn't about being a popular or non-popular topic- it's about how much meanness is involved in those that keep trying to debase the subject. It is more than just a simple dialogue of disbelief in such a creature. It is an out and out attack on the character of the people that do believe. It seems to be prevalent everywhere: On every blog and on every website people come out just to slam those that think the creature is real.

That's why I say that the subject is in trouble. It is being assailed at every turn. And I think it helps to keep science in line by maintaining the likelihood that a scientist will steer clear of the subject altogether simply on account of the stigma that gets automatically attached by the voices of ridicule. We experience it just on this Forum. Can't imagine what it must be like in professional circles.      

I have had a totally different experience over the years.  Whenever I talk to people about this subject I have gotten a variety of initial responses like all of us have. Some smile and laugh a little.  When I describe through what I've experienced, what others I know (and sometimes people they know) have experienced, and a brief summary of the evidence almost everyone is moved to some extent. A few to the point of becoming animated when the subject matter is raised and others to the point of joining me on backpacks. 

Some people, including both relatives and friends,  remain skeptical but listen to my information and my responses to their questions, which are almost always the same ones. I have never experienced ridicule by anyone. Even those who remain skeptical are polite.

Hiflier, you have a ton of knowledge and experience about this subject matter.  I find no reason why you would ever experience ridicule. In my opinion, those who is completed closed minded to this subject matter are the problem, not you, I , or any of us.  As far as scientists go, well, I have little regard for those who drive their car looking in the rear-view mirror. I have unbridled enthusiasm and respect for those who are forward thinking and solution oriented.

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Upvote 1

^^^^My experience exactly.^^^^^

And though I agree that habitat is in increasing pressure, designated wilderness areas and large tracks of private lands like aboriginal reservations and corporate logging tracts provide lots of area for them to live. Moreover, coastal British Columbia and Alaska still provide a huge region of top notch habitat for them.

I agree that zealots have polarized the issue, but I am increasingly believing that the existence of these creatures should be kept secret. Let the ignorant stay ignorant. There is likely no benefit in educating a true moron. I’ve dealt with numerous educated idiots. 

But the problem is much larger than just talking to people face to face. For example, how many of you are prepared for the testing of the samples at the Olympic nesting sight to come back with the result of them being useless because of Human contamination? How many of you are prepared for the scientific fallout if Dr. Disotell insists that he did everything by the book but still got a result of Human? He of all people should already know ahead of time that the results ARE going to end up Human and so would be wise to just admit that it samples were contaminated and just toss the results into the trash. To not do so would be professional suicide. I am fully prepared for such an inevitable outcome because IMHO there will be no alternate explanation forthcoming for why the tests came back Human.

But there will be a tremendous outcry if he begins to insist that the results prove that there is such a thing as a Sasquatch. He will be ruined- and I think he knows it.

Edited by hiflier

11 hours ago, hiflier said:

Because the attitude of ridicule and attack on any validity to the phenomenon has become more widespread because of the internet.

I believe that is a grossly distorted representation.   The ridicule has been there all along.    What matters is there are a lot more people willing to listen seriously and share openly than we've ever seen.     The sky is not falling.  

MIB

Ive been ridiculed one time by a local business man Ive known all my life. He saw my Bossburg tracks in the office and started making fun of me.

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic