My Perspective and questions for you all

James33

If I may wade in here? Though fully haired head to toe Patty still looks, walks, and generally moves more like a Human than an ape. Wider shoulders too not to mention the finer details like the shape of her nose, her toes all being on the front of her foot, her legs being longer and straighter, Her arms more proportional to a Human's body than a Gorilla's and numerous other features than say more Human and way less ape.  

9 hours ago, gigantor said:

What if it's a brown bear ancestor which developed bipedalism, lost its claws, snout, floppy ears and hibernates?

• It would explain the low number of sighting reports, people look at it briefly and think its a bear.
  • It would explain how they survive harsh winters.
  • It would explain how they got here.
  • It would explain the lack of fossils.

:devil:

And also evolved to have TWO great Ape mammary glands! Instead of six like a Bear....And packs them up high on the thorax just like an Ape too! They also evolved shoulders just like an Ape! LOL!  

21E4E412-E8D8-4AD0-9137-1C5A26669BB9.jpeg

13 minutes ago, FarArcher said:

Haven't been here in ages, but this thread has been entertaining to say the least.

Due entirely to my contrarian nature - to the OP - I'll make a few observations.

First, I don't think they're migratory or perpetually wandering.  Any canny man living in wild country that gets cold knows to set aside food supplies gathered in Summer and Fall.  They also know to range and hunt far from their winter quarters - leaving the nearby game alone - as it's hard to hunt in the winter, and the closer game is to your winter quarters - the easier your life will be.

Meaning - I think they're largely territorial - they may make a three or four day loop hunting - hitting some areas only once every three to four days - however large that territory would be - it would depend on terrain.

Their Summer hunting areas will probably be just a bit different than their Winter quarters - maybe they'll hunt in the next valley over - even at higher elevations - and leave the game alone in the next valley over where they have Winter quarters.  

Normally, I'd never postulate one way or the other on whether these things are some kind of apes or something else - but I know they're not apes.  No guessing, I know.  Which would be why they're so adept at avoiding those whom they wish to avoid.  They're smart.  They have tactical excellence.  They're finely attuned to their environment.  They also have the ability to hide in plain sight.  And have the patience of Job.  They don't panic.

The ape-believing crowd will go ape-**** at that concept - but none of them ever got a really close-up look at their faces.  And it's not just me.  Native Americans often refer to them as forest people, or forest men, or wild men - and through the ages in multiple cultures - they're often called variations of a wild man.

The popular belief in these things being apes - is pushed by scientists - who by their own fabricated "science" and faulty history of man - they cannot allow for any type of cave man to still exist.  They dug their hole, deep, and now they're stuck in it.

I'd further suggest that if a person sees one, or if that one is making a racket - you're already flanked by others you don't see and aren't aware of - and you should really keep checking your six o'clock position.

And while they may be spotted singly most often - I am firmly convinced that they live in family groups, or clans - and they can and do work with others from neighboring families or clans.  Which also assists in maintaining a healthy breeding population - which must be really significant.

We humans 'own' the day - they've apparently adapted and certainly 'own' the night.

Sorry. Within the context of my debate with Arvedis. I used the term “Ape” to include Humans and Human ancestories. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hominidae

I should have used the term Hominidae.

I know you and I have debated where within that family Sasquatch resides....closer to Humans or to Great Apes or something in between. That wasn't my intent in this thread.

• Upvote 1

Admin
57 minutes ago, norseman said:

And also evolved to have TWO great Ape mammary glands! Instead of six like a Bear....And packs them up high on the thorax just like an Ape too! They also evolved shoulders just like an Ape! LOL!  

21E4E412-E8D8-4AD0-9137-1C5A26669BB9.jpeg

No. It suggests the PGF is a hoax!

4 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

You made the statement, the claim, that apes are not comparable to BF.  I said that you need to present evidence to back up that position. I'm still waiting.

I guess you didn't understand my previous statement or maybe I didn't explain it in a more general way but no matter. How about this response: if you really believe that then let's just close the discussion as I have no interest in explaining anything to you. Really, lack of interest is my reply, not avoiding the question. 

I'll just own up to using the wrong term, "ape" without a more complete ontological breakdown meeting your satisfaction. So ape is not the best term here and that was my oversight in not breaking down the science as it is laborious and of course, as pointed out already, no definitive evidence exists in that regard one way or the other.

4 hours ago, norseman said:

Sorry. Within the context of my debate with Arvedis. I used the term “Ape” to include Humans and Human ancestories. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hominidae

I should have used the term Hominidae.

I know you and I have debated where within that family Sasquatch resides....closer to Humans or to Great Apes or something in between. That wasn't my intent in this thread.

Upvoted.

No worries - it's a bit hard keeping all these terms in mind - and truth is - I don't even know what to call this thing either.

I just fall back on the generic "Cave man."  Not exactly great taxonomy on my part - but hey - it works for me.

Edited by FarArcher
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, FarArcher said:

Upvoted.

No worries - it's a bit hard keeping all these terms in mind - and truth is - I don't even know what to call this thing either.

I just fall back on the generic "Cave man."  Not exactly great taxonomy on my part - but hey - it works for me.

The simple fact that Sasquatch seems to be bipedal? I think firmly puts them in the ancient human family tree. Unless it can be shown that bipedalism arose twice in the larger Homindae family. 

But the fact that they seem to lack the ability to make and use stone tools seperates them from modern humans by some sort of gap. The hand axe is a couple of million years old and made by Homo Erectus.

Or maybe Gigantor is right and they are clawless “evolved” Bears! ;)

1 hour ago, norseman said:

The simple fact that Sasquatch seems to be bipedal? I think firmly puts them in the ancient human family tree. Unless it can be shown that bipedalism arose twice in the larger Homindae family. 

But the fact that they seem to lack the ability to make and use stone tools seperates them from modern humans by some sort of gap. The hand axe is a couple of million years old and made by Homo Erectus.

Or maybe Gigantor is right and they are clawless “evolved” Bears! ;)

Does this not push you/us towards a more paranormal explanation then?

Masters of the night who are almost human, but then either have no need, or have not figured out how to make stone tools after watching us do that and much more for thousands of years?

Something doesn't add up. It's like we want to have our cake and eat it too.

6 hours ago, Arvedis said:

I guess you didn't understand my previous statement or maybe I didn't explain it in a more general way but no matter. How about this response: if you really believe that then let's just close the discussion as I have no interest in explaining anything to you. Really, lack of interest is my reply, not avoiding the question. 

I'll just own up to using the wrong term, "ape" without a more complete ontological breakdown meeting your satisfaction. So ape is not the best term here and that was my oversight in not breaking down the science as it is laborious and of course, as pointed out already, no definitive evidence exists in that regard one way or the other.

I'm not trying to break your chops here.  I read your statement about apes and thought that the burden is yours to defend. That's no different than you calling me out on something I may allege. Kindly call me out any time I do so.

13 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Does this not push you/us towards a more paranormal explanation then?

Masters of the night who are almost human, but then either have no need, or have not figured out how to make stone tools after watching us do that and much more for thousands of years?

Something doesn't add up. It's like we want to have our cake and eat it too.

I don't believe in solving mysteries by adding to them. So lets set the paranormal stuff aside.

Lets stick with what we do know.

Chimps and Humans have cohabited together for thousands of years. Chimps will become nocturnal to avoid Humans and raid crops. Chimps have not figured out how to make or use tools other than rudimentary sticks to fish for termites. A Homo Erectus flaked hand axe is far far beyond their capabilities. It may as well be an Atom bomb.

Im not saying Sasquatch is a Chimp. But it may adopt a similar strategy when faced with a dominant Human population within their range.

Who knows? Maybe in SE Alaska where few Humans exist? Sasquatch could be diurnal instead of nocturnal. They are probably nocturnal closer to Human populations by necessity. 

Even humans in dire times will change their normal habits.

https://www.cowboysindians.com/2016/02/the-last-free-apaches/

• Upvote 1

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic