My Perspective and questions for you all

James33

It has been suggested that a pile of Bigfoot scat is enormous. The simplest approach to the smell in its varying degrees of type and intensity could be viewed this way: If they can lay down an enormous pile of scat then they can also pass an enormous amount of gas. Not everything they eat may be digestively compatible. For then to pass gas either intentionally or unintentionally make logical sense. Nothing complicated, just a normal natural process. The odor could be strong, weak, directional, and all pervasive, or not, depending on the creature, its size, what it has consumed, and how much.  So I really don't think there is anything like an exotic kind of physiology at work at all. Just a Sasquatch being........well......a Sasquatch.

Ya can't make this stuff up. You know those low "growls" that some researchers say they hear? ;) :

Edited by hiflier

6 hours ago, norseman said:

The term Ape describes a family or genus of MANY species, including Humans. So unless you think Sasquatch is a giant ground sloth or a giant Lemur? Which I doubt?

I think the term Ape very eloquently describes this cryptid species.

And apes dont use the scent gland as a deterrent, like a skunk would. They cannot aim it at their enemies and shoot it. But it would explain why you simply cannot go out into the woods and track down Bigfoot by his stench.

Incorrect. 

The fact that you bring ape into the discussion on BF speaks for itself.

BTW, no one is saying you can track BF by it's stench. You bring up irrelevant points to try and pursuede your off target perspectives. 

Edited by Arvedis
  • Downvote 2

In what way?   Biologically speaking, you and I, as humans, are great apes.    Humans, chimps, gorillas, orangutans.   Are you saying they're more distant from us than those other 3 great apes are?  If so, why?  Based on what?

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 1

SSR Team
#Sasquatch

We just came across a real interesting article on Lowland Gorilla's Signalling Selectively Using Odor.

This article also gives great insight in to the why/where/how they use it also in their family groups.

This particular subject is something that is personal to us as the sole reason we (i) became mixed up in the subject was because of a Sighting 25 or so years ago where there was absolutely NO kind of bad odor despite the Sighting itself being of an Animal that was effectively caught out, yet didn't it seem to or feel the need to signal selectively using odor.

Nevertheless, reports still roll in to this very day (616 currently in the database) describing odor, and normally foul.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4090154/

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Different group, too?

Personally,  bigfoot is indeed a great ape, as are humans.

Without an evolutionary argument, is the stance that all homo species deriive from ape? That assumes BF is some homo derivative or combination of homo.

Absolutely.  Homo is a genus within the family made up of apes.

15 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

Without an evolutionary argument, is the stance that all homo species deriive from ape? That assumes BF is some homo derivative or combination of homo.

No.   All Homo species are within the group of great apes.   That means we have common ancestors close enough to share considerable DNA.    The current apes are as far removed in time from that common ancestor as we are.    You might say we all derive from a "pre-ape".  

Again, no.  You don't get it, you're either badly misusing technical terminology or you're simply wrong.    Chimps are apes.   They do not derive from Homo.   Same for gorillas.   We are closely related but none are derived from the other because it's the same distance in time back up the tree to that common ancestor.

The only way what you're suggesting can be true, scientifically, biologically, is if you are claiming bigfoot is derived from a bear, lemur, etc or if you're claiming they're alien, or if you're claiming they're mechanical, paranormal, or otherwise non-biological.

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

Incorrect. 

The fact that you bring ape into the discussion on BF speaks for itself.

BTW, no one is saying you can track BF by it's stench. You bring up irrelevant points to try and pursuede your off target perspectives. 

You said...

No doubt they foul our rivers and streams! They have been known to have an affinity with water so we know they come into contact with

If they “foul” rivers? RIVERS. I’d say you should be able to track the beast by its stench.......its not my irrelevant point....its YOURS.

As far as Bigfoot NOT being in the Ape family? Well thats news to about 99.99999% of us in this community.

There is the .01% in the paranormal section who think its not an Ape. Correct.

6 hours ago, hiflier said:

It has been suggested that a pile of Bigfoot scat is enormous. The simplest approach to the smell in its varying degrees of type and intensity could be viewed this way: If they can lay down an enormous pile of scat then they can also pass an enormous amount of gas. Not everything they eat may be digestively compatible. For then to pass gas either intentionally or unintentionally make logical sense. Nothing complicated, just a normal natural process. The odor could be strong, weak, directional, and all pervasive, or not, depending on the creature, its size, what it has consumed, and how much.  So I really don't think there is anything like an exotic kind of physiology at work at all. Just a Sasquatch being........well......a Sasquatch.

Ya can't make this stuff up. You know those low "growls" that some researchers say they hear?

The largest pile that I have seen was about the volume of a 5 gallon bucket, standing conical in shape. No serious smell. I was thinking bear, an empty bear.  I did not see what deposited the pile.  Track less area, very hard compacted  dirt. I can't remember the time of year. We have American Skunk Cabbage that bears eat the roots as a laxative when they become active late winter/early spring. Cleans them out.  Only pearl of wisdom that I can add is to never over trust a fart. I will monitor for double-cheek lifters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

^^^^^^^^^

Hysterical!! Double cheek lifters? Seriously? ROFLMAO. Between your post and the Gorilla video this thread has taken quite the turn. Prolly should get back on topic. IF, with any luck, I can stop laughing long enough to remember what the topic even IS.

Edited by hiflier

So.......

When at home we blame the dog.

Is Bubba in deer camp gonna blame Bigfoot now?

Matt Moneymaker presents "Finding Bigfarts".

Bears in this area have  been noted as having their backs as high as a small Toyota pick up truck. Noted by an experienced hunter previously from Montana who disliked the under brush in western Washington.  The Canadians have a system for describing bear scat based upon 'coils'.  Eh, it's a 6 coiler.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ahem, soooo, um, about that Sasquatch odor. I still do not think it is anything more than a large volume of bad gas. A normal occurrence among living things? Mammals especially? It doesn't settle the issue of Sasquatch odors per se but it is probably a pretty good candidate as being at least a source.

1 minute ago, Catmandoo said:

Bears in this area have  been noted as having their backs as high as a small Toyota pick up truck. Noted by an experienced hunter previously from Montana who disliked the under brush in western Washington.  The Canadians have a system for describing bear scat based upon 'coils'.  Eh, it's a 6 coiler.

I don't remember which but either MIB or SWWASAS spoke of seeing a large 'leaving' so to speak and I remember thinking how enormous it was described as being.   

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic