Sasquatch: Never Was, Is Extinct, Or Still Out There?

hiflier

I know they still exist. I have not had any experiences in almost 5 years now. I moved to a different house that is not in an area that they would be in. I have been told of a sighting about 3 years ago now, so they are still out there. I think they have a very sustainable population especially in very large wilderness systems. There is a lot of woodlands here in NC that are game lands and timber company owned that only see any significant use during deer season. You can't deer hunt at night so there are no people in these areas at night, it is there playground then. They communicate with each other which gives them the ability to watch out for each other and stay hidden.

7 hours ago, TritonTr196 said:

I'm thinking as few as 1,500 period anywhere. They simple can't multiply in large numbers so that is one thing that keeps the population down. I don't subscribe to the unsubstantiated claims by people over social media and public reports by some places. From what I've seen they mostly live in vast national and state parks. There are some that lives around people that live way out in the boonies sure, but not in suburban areas. The suburban Bigfoot is all good for a few likes on facebook, but so far no evidence of them being that close other than hearsay. And if they were, it would be all over the news already with videos. The government has no way of keeping anything like that a secret now days. But they don't live in everyone's backyard as current word salad states. They might migrate in certain areas like some of the upper western states and into Canada. And that can really mess up population reports. People in one county will see one or two passing through their woods, and then others will see the same one or two in the next county and so on. And then when they migrate back to their original spots, they are liable to be seen again in the same areas and counted as even more Bigfoot when it's the same ones passing through different times of the year when migrating in those really cold states. Population reports are basically useless. However, down south, they don't migrate at all. There is simply no reason to migrate down here and we've never seen any evidence that they do migrate in the southern states. Plenty of food, vegetable or meat, all year long regardless of season. Just not cold enough to migrate. Here they stay in the same areas all year long. The deer and other animals doesn't migrate here so why would Bigfoot. They are all over the place, but not a lot of them is all over the place.

So I guess that of the three choices in the thread title you would pick Still Out There? ;) 

SSR Team
10 hours ago, TritonTr196 said:

I'm thinking as few as 1,500 period anywhere. They simple can't multiply in large numbers so that is one thing that keeps the population down. I don't subscribe to the unsubstantiated claims by people over social media and public reports by some places. From what I've seen they mostly live in vast national and state parks. There are some that lives around people that live way out in the boonies sure, but not in suburban areas. The suburban Bigfoot is all good for a few likes on facebook, but so far no evidence of them being that close other than hearsay. And if they were, it would be all over the news already with videos. The government has no way of keeping anything like that a secret now days. But they don't live in everyone's backyard as current word salad states. They might migrate in certain areas like some of the upper western states and into Canada. And that can really mess up population reports. People in one county will see one or two passing through their woods, and then others will see the same one or two in the next county and so on. And then when they migrate back to their original spots, they are liable to be seen again in the same areas and counted as even more Bigfoot when it's the same ones passing through different times of the year when migrating in those really cold states. Population reports are basically useless. However, down south, they don't migrate at all. There is simply no reason to migrate down here and we've never seen any evidence that they do migrate in the southern states. Plenty of food, vegetable or meat, all year long regardless of season. Just not cold enough to migrate. Here they stay in the same areas all year long. The deer and other animals doesn't migrate here so why would Bigfoot. They are all over the place, but not a lot of them is all over the place.

Good post that, thumbs up..

I think numbers are relatively low however, once heard Derek Randles talking about the possibility that the animals of the Olympics number around the 50 mark five or take a few and I tend to agree.

Thats real prime habitat too with a splattering of humans in patches.

What blows population predictions out of the water however is Canada, especiallybthe west and Alberta/British Columbia with the huge habitat it has and the virtual complete absence of people to see them.

I don't know. The footprints that haven't been deemed fake look like Neanderthal footprints. Would someone faking all of the prints know that? 

6 hours ago, BobbyO said:

Good post that, thumbs up..

I think numbers are relatively low however, once heard Derek Randles talking about the possibility that the animals of the Olympics number around the 50 mark five or take a few and I tend to agree.

Thats real prime habitat too with a splattering of humans in patches.

What blows population predictions out of the water however is Canada, especiallybthe west and Alberta/British Columbia with the huge habitat it has and the virtual complete absence of people to see them.

Who is seeing them in west AB & BC Bobby?  If your answer is hunters, what are they doing out there?  The same thing as BF?   Could it be that hunters (able to see BF) are in the region for the same reason as BF (game)??? Perhaps AB & BC are an overwhelming overlap for the same reason?  A viale game/food source?   IDK, just throwing it out there.    

The last sighting that we investigated was a guy driving down the road in his convertible one morning, and he saw one walking in a yard. This wasn't far from Harrison Lake.

It is true that the best thing about British Columbia is that there is no one here

I vote for still out there, however, not in my area (Oregon Coastal Range).

I regularly encountered them from 1976 to 1997 and then nothing since. Except for once in a different area (High Cascades of Oregon) in 2005. I have been fortunate in that I have heard more wood knocks than I can count over that time along with all the other stuff. It was an amazing time and now I really miss it. I didn't even know about wood knocks until about 2007. I always wondered what was causing them as well as all this other phenomena only to find out, too late, that I was easily with in 50 yards of them year after year. If only I could go back.

NE Washington is pretty rural. In fact more people live in the Trail/Castelgar area in SE BC right across the border. Because of Cominco.

But once you get north of all that? And especially north of Revelstoke? Civilization is gasping its dying breath.

Im looking at a mining claim in central Idaho outside of Riggins, Idaho. That country is just as remote as BC. Lot of bush planes and jet boats. Not nearly as vast as BC though.

Sasquatches are the masters of many things and one thing in particular is adaptation. In my opinion, they are doing well.

The little people will continue to deny their existence and that is just fine by me.  It is my hope their discovery never comes to be. The little people have no idea what to do with one of God's magnificent creatures; a gift in every sense of the term.

Stay silent and God speed to each and every one of them of which there are many.

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Upvote 1

For a true researcher. Disproving the existence of the Sasquatch is as important as proving they do exist. That is why we are RESEARCHERS, Not religious leaders pushing a faith.

Thomas Steenburg

• Upvote 2

Similar species we know exist from the fossil record. Not yet found in North America. That could change someday. 

Certainly they exist in the spiritual world as taught by Native Americans. Similar as the Yeti does to the Sherpas. 

I don't believe they exist in the here and now.  If they do they would have to be very rare and only thrive in the dark forests. 

16 hours ago, hiflier said:

So I guess that of the three choices in the thread title you would pick Still Out There? ;) 

Hiflier, you're slowing down buddy lol... Check my first post..

4 hours ago, TritonTr196 said:

Hiflier, you're slowing down buddy lol... Check my first post..

Ah well, T-man, I guess it comes with age. I would like to think my best years are ahead of me and perhaps they are. I just hope I remember them ;) 

9 hours ago, Doug said:

I vote for still out there, however, not in my area (Oregon Coastal Range).

I regularly encountered them from 1976 to 1997 and then nothing since. Except for once in a different area (High Cascades of Oregon) in 2005. I have been fortunate in that I have heard more wood knocks than I can count over that time along with all the other stuff. It was an amazing time and now I really miss it. I didn't even know about wood knocks until about 2007. I always wondered what was causing them as well as all this other phenomena only to find out, too late, that I was easily with in 50 yards of them year after year. If only I could go back.

Very cool and welcome to BFF.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic