Jump to content

Poll: When Would An Announcement Of e-DNA Positive For Sasquatch Be Made?


hiflier
 Share

When Would An Announcement Of e-DNA Positive For Sasquatch Be Made?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Moderator
2 hours ago, BigTreeWalker said:

 

 

Belief is for religion.

BigTreeWalker

I have to disagree with your statement about " Belief is for religion ". This is completely a wrong statement about belief. 

 

noun: belief; plural noun: beliefs
  1.  
     
     
     
     
    1.
    an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.
    "his belief in the value of hard work"

 

 

 

 

 

If the results keep coming back as Human then the results must be Human. This would make these creatures as Humans if there is no other results to match these results too. This would be enough to keep this knowledge hidden. Why would they come out with information of wild Humans living with in our forest. Knowing this would change how we understand our selves as Humans. But finding nest built by wild Humans well that would change everything about our history. I am not sure that science can accept this or that there are wild Humans roaming our wilderness. It is much easer to accept a ape/gorilla being then a wild Human Being that sleeps in nest on the ground like wild animals . After all Humans are suppose to be intelligent beings and not living like animals of the wild. Maybe this is why it is so hard to accept what we keep throwing out. Again this is just my opinion.

Edited by ShadowBorn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

BigTreeWalker

I have to disagree with your statement about " Belief is for religion ". This is completely a wrong statement about belief. 

 

be·lief
/bəˈlēf/
noun
noun: belief; plural noun: beliefs
  1. 1.
    an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.
    "his belief in the value of hard work"
    • something one accepts as true or real; a firmly held opinion or conviction.
      "contrary to popular belief, Aramaic is a living language"
      synonyms: opinion, view, conviction, judgment, thinking, way of thinking, idea, impression, theory, conclusion, notion
      "it's my belief that age is irrelevant"
    • a religious conviction.
      "Christian beliefs"
      synonyms: ideology, principle, ethic, tenet, canon; More
      doctrine, teaching, dogma, article of faith, creed, credo
      "traditional beliefs"
  2. 2.
    trust, faith, or confidence in someone or something.

 

 

If the results keep coming back as Human then the results must be Human. This would make these creatures as Humans if there is no other results to match these results too. This would be enough to keep this knowledge hidden. Why would they come out with information of wild Humans living with in our forest. Knowing this would change how we understand our selves as Humans. But finding nest built by Humans well that would change everything about our history. I am not sure that science can accept this or that there are wild Humans roaming our wilderness. It is much easer to accept a ape/gorilla being then a wild Human Being that sleeps in nest on the ground like wild animals then Humans beings. After all Humans are suppose to be intelligent beings and not living like animals of the wild. Maybe this is why it is so hard to accept what we keep throwing out. Again this is just my opinion.

 

How do these wild humans get so tall?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Moderator

^^Maybe that is what we should be looking for with in the DNA if is possible.^^ We have some tall real Humans , so it must be in their genes that is passed down with in their own kind. You know as a People or a Nation that we have not discovered. Not sure but anything is possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Sésquac
BFF Patron

The tallest humans have pituitory issues resulting in  Gigantism etc.   As a matter of fact victims of gigantism have the following features:   

  

"Also, some parts of their body may be larger in proportion to other parts.    They can be very tall.     In children common symptoms include:  

 

  • very large hands and feet
  • thick toes and fingers
  • a prominent jaw and forehead
  • coarse facial features

Children with gigantism may also have flat noses and large heads, lips, or tongues."       Many of these descriptors have been said describing BF.   

 

What if BF are simply a branch of the humans who have genetically passed in pituitary issues and interbred into a subspecies of humans?   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Sésquac
BFF Donor

Then why would they not wear clothing to protect themselves from winter and getting injured in the woods? Why would they throw rocks and not have fire? Sure one could say because they are now wild but it also doesn't fit with being a Patty either. Gigantism that weighs in at 6-800 lbs.? There is a lot that would be going against them beyond just being bigger. Just being a devil's advocate but they would NOT be mis-identified as bear unless they were wearing bearskins. Yes, a Sasquatch is bizarre enough but such Humans would be a step further. Hmmmm. Zana comes to mind but she was hardly big, nor were her offspring. And people like that SHOULD end up on trail cams.......Blobfolks?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bluegrassfoot said:

As an example of how differently mitochondrial DNA and nuclear DNA are transferred:  If a Sasquatch had a maternal human ancestor only 20 generations back, and there was a subsequent maternal line that only bred to 100% Sasquatch males.  After those 20 generations, an individual’s mtDNA would be identical to human, however that individual’s nuclear DNA would be only 1/1,048,576 human.  That’s less than one thousandth of a percent human.

I'll take your word on that bluegrass, but that wouldn't necessarily mean that the nuclear DNA wouldn't still be 98.5 percent identical to modern humans as a hypothetical guess based on what we know about other apes and their proximity to us genetically.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Sésquac
BFF Donor

I am going to do for me a very tough thing. I am going to leave the Forum. For how long I don't know. I thought the nesting site looked promising but for some strange reason (and I MEAN that) the samples got botched. Not because the results didn't show a novel primate but because they were ALLOWED to degrade when people KNEW that samples needed to be fresh. So in truth, I think there has to be something else going on there. I will publically state that I no longer trust how things got handled on that project and no longer trust the reasons we are given as to why the samples were delayed. I do not like thinking it was intentional. It shouldn't have taken nearly four years to run e-DNA testing I don't care what anyone says.

 

I don't care anymore whether it was a Sasquatch or a Human that built those structures. I Just don't. What I DO care about is a straight, honest, and consistent story. There isn't one. Where is Derek Randles? Where is Shane Corson? Where is Dr. Jeffrey Meldrum, Where is Dr. Todd Disotell? I get to hear the news on the results where? Podcast interviews. Why hasn't anyone come onto this Forum and told us straight out? What gives with that? Well, I have had it with the stupid cat and mouse crap. This is supposed to science at work on thee structures and this is how they conduct themselves? I am done with them. Don't trust them. and don't trust their methodology when it comes to how utterly important this is, and has been, to so many. Just where are all of these people?

 

I am fed up with the whole thing. Too many loose ends at the site and too much time wasted when time was of the essence. And no good answers to any of it as far as why it all got dragged out for over three and a half years. I have a hard time thinking it was done that way just to sell more tickets to a few conferences. I am not the least bit angry about any of how this whole thing has been handled. I am however absolutely dumbfounded and simply do not understand any of it. I don't want to think the worst, but at this point there is little to make me think of anything good. There is definitely something wrong with this picture.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, southernyahoo said:

I'll take your word on that bluegrass, but that wouldn't necessarily mean that the nuclear DNA wouldn't still be 98.5 percent identical to modern humans as a hypothetical guess based on what we know about other apes and their proximity to us genetically.

You’re right southernyahoo.  I didn’t phrase that well.  What I was driving at is that after 20 generations, a single ancestor’s nuclear DNA contribution and phenotype influence/expression on an individual is miniscule, while the mitochondrial DNA contribution of that individual 20 generations later can still be exact.

Edited by Bluegrassfoot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I am going to do for me a very tough thing. I am going to leave the Forum. For how long I don't know. I thought the nesting site looked promising but for some strange reason (and I MEAN that) the samples got botched. Not because the results didn't show a novel primate but because they were ALLOWED to degrade when people KNEW that samples needed to be fresh. So in truth, I think there has to be something else going on there. I will publically state that I no longer trust how things got handled on that project and no longer trust the reasons we are given as to why the samples were delayed. I do not like thinking it was intentional. It shouldn't have taken nearly four years to run e-DNA testing I don't care what anyone says.

 

I don't care anymore whether it was a Sasquatch or a Human that built those structures. I Just don't. What I DO care about is a straight, honest, and consistent story. There isn't one. Where is Derek Randles? Where is Shane Corson? Where is Dr. Jeffrey Meldrum, Where is Dr. Todd Disotell? I get to hear the news on the results where? Podcast interviews. Why hasn't anyone come onto this Forum and told us straight out? What gives with that? Well, I have had it with the stupid cat and mouse crap. This is supposed to science at work on thee structures and this is how they conduct themselves? I am done with them. Don't trust them. and don't trust their methodology when it comes to how utterly important this is, and has been, to so many. Just where are all of these people?

 

I am fed up with the whole thing. Too many loose ends at the site and too much time wasted when time was of the essence. And no good answers to any of it as far as why it all got dragged out for over three and a half years. I have a hard time thinking it was done that way just to sell more tickets to a few conferences. I am not the least bit angry about any of how this whole thing has been handled. I am however absolutely dumbfounded and simply do not understand any of it. I don't want to think the worst, but at this point there is little to make me think of anything good. There is definitely something wrong with this picture.

 

I get your frustration.  Aside from my own "class B" experience and the PGF being very compelling but not exactly conclusive, Bigfoot science is rubbish.   

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you think the whole thing was never treated with any serious respect in first place?  I mean I cant quite wrap my head around why Laura Krantz was given rights to announce the results.  If they found something does that mean that the world would have learned about bigfoot via podcast?  I mean i dont know who the people behind the scene at the olympic project where but do you think this was ever presented as "Hey grad students come get some expereince working with eDNA.  Learn the ins and outs and maybe you'll even get interviewed for a funny podcast going on at the same time."  I have nothing to back this claim up but seriously, if they thought that there was even a small chance of finding something big why would Laura Krantz get to announce it to the world?  Unless they never really expected anything in thenfirst place.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I am going to do for me a very tough thing. I am going to leave the Forum. For how long I don't know. I thought the nesting site looked promising but for some strange reason (and I MEAN that) the samples got botched. Not because the results didn't show a novel primate but because they were ALLOWED to degrade when people KNEW that samples needed to be fresh

hiflier, I'm not sure exactly how the samples have been handled, but could it be that Meldrum had some samples set aside and sent to him prior to this bed study?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • gigantor unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Sésquac
BFF Donor

I just stopped back in to clarify. I am not frustrated. I am bewildered. Nearly four years have gone by on this find. Animal Planet has deep pockets, Wally Hersom has deep pockets, Matt Moneymaker has deep pockets and who knows who else. But this project was allowed to languish in essentially no man's land until a measly five grand was raised for e-DNA testing?? And then the testing was done on degraded samples? For me it is a big "WHY" on all of it? I hate being played when it is now so obvious that I have been. But enough of that.

 

I really am here because it would be highly ride an unthinking of me to not genuinely thank EVERYONE over the years for allowing me to be a part of all of your conversations. I also want you know that I hold all of you in such high regard and have admired your intelligence, wit, and ability to suss out the bad in this subject. So this decision has nothing to do with any of you fine people. It has everything to do with those who would string the public along for this many years as I watched and listened to something that apparently means so little to them as to maintain a situation where things could do nothing but fail. I am not stupid and do not appreciate being treated is if I was. The whole Olympic nest thing has shown me to what lengths some will go to string the public along and how much they hope their reasons for failing will go down without anyone hollering foul. Well, I am hollering foul.

 

Again, not angry, not frustrated, just not understanding why people spin such wool to pull over people's eyes. Everyone have a great holiday season, be safe, be healthy, and be happy.

 

hiflier, signing out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • FMT
BFF Donor

^^^ He'll be back in a couple of weeks....  :lol:

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I just stopped back in to clarify. I am not frustrated. I am bewildered. Nearly four years have gone by on this find. Animal Planet has deep pockets, Wally Hersom has deep pockets, Matt Moneymaker has deep pockets and who knows who else. But this project was allowed to languish in essentially no man's land until a measly five grand was raised for e-DNA testing?? And then the testing was done on degraded samples? For me it is a big "WHY" on all of it? I hate being played when it is now so obvious that I have been. But enough of that.

 

I really am here because it would be highly ride an unthinking of me to not genuinely thank EVERYONE over the years for allowing me to be a part of all of your conversations. I also want you know that I hold all of you in such high regard and have admired your intelligence, wit, and ability to suss out the bad in this subject. So this decision has nothing to do with any of you fine people. It has everything to do with those who would string the public along for this many years as I watched and listened to something that apparently means so little to them as to maintain a situation where things could do nothing but fail. I am not stupid and do not appreciate being treated is if I was. The whole Olympic nest thing has shown me to what lengths some will go to string the public along and how much they hope their reasons for failing will go down without anyone hollering foul. Well, I am hollering foul.

 

Again, not angry, not frustrated, just not understanding why people spin such wool to pull over people's eyes. Everyone have a great holiday season, be safe, be healthy, and be happy.

 

hiflier, signing out.

 

Whats foul about it?

 

They made a study and when it was done they posted the results...... Unfortunately the results are not in our favor.

 

I dont see anyone being played. You win some and you lose some. If we dont like how another organization did things? Well then create your own organization, raise the money and do things to your own expectations.

8 hours ago, WSA said:

At this point, I'd say Occam requires us to conclude a BF made those structures and the DNA the animals left behind is identical to humans', or at least so similar to human DNA as to not make it readily and easily distinguishable. 

 

My take-away otherwise is: Cool, BFs make nests and they really are opportunistic grazers on wild berries.  Not much else to conclude here, although it has been fun.  

 

Occam's razor requires us to conclude Bigfeet made those structures..... why no.....no it does not. The quickest path to resolution is not a cryptid ape man.

 

Mick Dodge is proven to exist. Mick Dodge has been proven to hoax Bigfoot. Maybe Mick Dodge made the nests? Maybe thats why the test results came back Human?

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • gigantor locked this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...