New Member Introductions

WV FOOTER

Hi! Im Christian from Wisconsin , ive wanted to learn more about bigfoot and wanted to talk about in a more serious setting.  

Hello! This is Troup from middle Georgia. I’ve been in several Bigfoot “expeditions” and I’m looking to learn more and make connections to add to my knowledge and experience. If 

Hello , Tim from Ohio . Though I have never had a siting , I am a believer in Sasquatch . There are to many stories, legends and encounters to dismiss the topic as imagination. People are seeing something and that is enough for me . I do get out from time to time but not like I used to . Love to go fishing when I do go out and fish in remote areas around the state . Always thinking of a possible encounter in the back of my mind. The state even posts signs in the parks as possible Bigfoot areas so they must know something. Even has the topic on the Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources (ODNR). Would love to hear from some on their encounters related to this site. Thanks , Tim

I'll be a bit late on some. Welcome to the Forums; BuckeyeBF, Wendy, from the UK, synacknet,

AdamOzzy, Bigfoothunter76, papjim, Jeffrylebowski, AZtrailrunner, phusb, from the UK, Troup, ChristianM1682, and tcg633.

Hello. I'm from Western Canada. I've been fascinated by the topic since I was a kid. I like outdoors, but I've never encountered a Sasquatch personally. I've heard stories from family when I was young (mostly stories of wood-knocking in Alberta Rockies, nothing too crazy). I'm interested of course in video and audio stuff since that's always fun, but I really find more historical, anthropological approaches to the subject to be almost more interesting to me. Things like cross-cultural comparative research, historio-religious commentary on the matter. It seems any serious discussion or posts about Sasquatch gets removed by the algorithm, so I figure that this place would be a good start.

7 hours ago, Tarasiy said:

but I really find more historical, anthropological approaches to the subject to be almost more interesting to me. Things like cross-cultural comparative research, historio-religious commentary on the matter.

Welcome to the forum.

Ethnobiologists have taken oral histories and transferred them to print. Your Canadian library system is amazing. I have some access from across the border. The old printed stories may not be digitized so visits to a library require a lot of time. The Natural Sciences Library at the University of Washington has printed matter on the First Nations in BC. I have spent many hours going over stories about Bella Coola and Haida. Worth the read.

Good hunting.

I was raised in SW Michigan farming community. We had 500 acres with horses, cattle, and hogs. My youngest brother literally walked into a Bigfoot back in 1974 when he was 7 yrs old. At the time, he thought it was a homeless guy, and never even mentioned it to anyone. Over time he forgot the incident. When he saw the PGF the first time in the 90's he had a sudden flashback. When i was 13 or 14, around the time of his sighting, I would be about a 1000 yards away from the house cutting hay with a sickle mower. 20 acre field surrounded by woods. I never knew why at the time, but i always had a feeling of dread when in that field, especially near the edges of the woodline. My interest had always been strong in the subject.

• Upvote 1

Hello from Miami. I was watching Paranormal Caught on Camera and started searching to see if anyone was discussing the Bigfoot videos on the show. I always have my eyes scanning the areas for the Swamp Ape when I drive through Florida. 

• Upvote 1

I am D.W. Lee of the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center, I know their was some bad feelings between the MABRC and the BFF a long time ago, but I'm hoping to put bygones aside and start anew, sharing information is the only way forward for the community.