How Far Up The Ladder Does Knowledge Of Sasquatch Go?

hiflier

36 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

Have you considered going the FOIA way?  I am not as passionate about this as you are, but if I was that is how I would try to do it.

And maybe that's what I don't understand about this subject: Where IS the passion? Sasquatches don't just hang around in a National Forest. But nearly all of the habitat outside of National or State forests has been chewed up in one kind of machine or another at some point in time.

As far as FOIA's go I always look at them as a last resort that forces an attitude into agencies that shouldn't need to be instilled. It's why I head for direct correspondence as a first choice. FOIA's don't make anyone happy. Correspondences probably don't either but at least it gives someone a choice whether or not to respond. If someone doesn't answer simply hammer them again.......and again. FOIA's on the other hand, more often that not, get redacted in a way that dilutes the information.

5 hours ago, hiflier said:

No response yet from WA State Department of Natural Resource Commissioner of Public Lands. Question for you all: What would you do in this situation?

Kinda unprofessional that they dont even respond? They work for us!

I guess you would need to turn up the heat. Show up in person. Target someone higher in the chain of command. Contact a Senator or Representative. Or do a FOIA request like 411 books.

16 minutes ago, norseman said:

But that's kind of the point there, bud. They DO work for us. And the Commissioner's position in an elected position, not an appointed one. Not that there should be a difference but I have always thought that being elected could be a very influential aspect in one's favor who is from their constituency and is trying to correspond with them. I deem FOIA's as something broader and is not the same as reaching directly out to a known individual.

IMHO, FOIA's are like using a sledgehammer to open a peanut when a simple thumbnail may work just as well. The Commissioner is a person, a real person, and that real person just so happens to be the head of a Natural Resouces office that had two agents at the Olympic Project's nesting site.

I mean what could be more advantageous than to have this situation practically in our laps? To not move on it, especially while it's still so fresh in everyone's minds, is to miss a huge chance for possibly opening up a dialogue with the very people who should know everything there is to know.

And I apologize to everyone for being so focused on this but there may never, ever be such a perfect opportunity to do this. But here's the thing, if that door should ever open up no one, me especially, could ever let up the pressure until the existence of a Sasquatch has been finally nailed down and who would know that better at this point than the WADNR? PLEASE. EVERYONE. Do not let this chance slip by- there simply will not be another one. 

48 minutes ago, hiflier said:

And maybe that's what I don't understand about this subject: Where IS the passion? Sasquatches don't just hang around in a National Forest. But nearly all of the habitat outside of National or State forests has been chewed up in one kind of machine or another at some point in time.

As far as FOIA's go I always look at them as a last resort that forces an attitude into agencies that shouldn't need to be instilled. It's why I head for direct correspondence as a first choice. FOIA's don't make anyone happy. Correspondences probably don't either but at least it gives someone a choice whether or not to respond. If someone doesn't answer simply hammer them again.......and again. FOIA's on the other hand, more often that not, get redacted in a way that dilutes the information.

In my case I am a simple father trying to raise a family.  I was curious when I ran in to a BF in NJ and again in NC.  Got a little passionate about it when a BF was hanging outside my daughters room.  However, it just doesn't raise to the level of family, work, and health.  Also, after years of research I came to the conclusion the government knows about BFs and doesn't want their existence known.  I certainly don't believe in the "protection of logging industry" as the reason so that leaves something more.  Certainly more than a simple father trying to raise a family cares to manage.  I come here from time to time to try and help others and perhaps learn more (although there is very little more known in the past decade).  With that said, I doubt a nicely or even strongly worded email will move the government from their position.   If that is your goal, I am afraid you need a much bigger stick.  Just my 2 cents and I wish you well.

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Not a bad idea. I would certainly be in keeping with the Sasquatch subject as the joke that nearly everyone here thinks that it is.........

I don't think the subject is a joke. I think that the thought of government management is the joke.

.........Examples of that? Sure tons of them:

"I heard a tree knock!"

"I found a foot print!"

"I saw a twisted tree, here's the photo that proves I did!"

"I heard a strange howl!"

"I heard footsteps!"

"I SAW one!".......

Along those same lines, I was interviewed by a government efficiency manager once. No, really! For many years I'd heard that those legendary creatures existed, even though there is absolutely no evidence that they truly exist. But, then, one day my boss told me that one wanted to talk to me, and suddenly there she was! She was a beautiful creature, seemed to like chocolate, but seemed to be lacking organizational intelligence. After commenting on the outstanding organizational filing system I used in my computer and finishing off the chocolate in my guest candy bowl, she disappeared like a sasquatch.

This thread is about someone further up in the ranks so to speak who knows what is really going on but won't say one way or another. But if the statements quoted above work for everyone then there's little else to be said.....

Ya' know, I've already pointed out a guy who has has deep personal involvement in the most famous sasquatch event in history, and even as a government agent, and who rose through the ranks of power right to the lower echelon of the White House, and who has been reported to have at least two personal experiences with these creatures himself. He has talked about sasquatchery with at least four  people that I know of, and might very well talk to you about it. I even linked his web-resume. 

Why don't you give him a ring?

42 minutes ago, norseman said:

LOL.  I think they think we work for them which honestly is much closer to the truth.

Edited by NCBFr

5 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Why don't you give him a ring?

Because, like I said before, if he's working on the inside to get to a place where the subject will grow legs then I don't want to draw attention to him. He has his eyes on the brass ring politically and I just soon wait until he gets there. THEN I will contact him, and believe me , I will.

I would also hope that at that point you, me, Meldrum, Randles, Paulides, Gimlin, and anyone else with any strong public influence in Sasquatchery all get together and contact him as one. Especially Bob Gimlin.   

If you contact him "off the record", he's likely more willing to talk freely. He might be able to explain some things to you that might make your journey easier.

12 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

Just my 2 cents and I wish you well.

Thank you, NCBFr, I do appreciate that :) And I appreciate your position as a father as well. I am a father and a grandfather and many of us here are. One of my legacies to mu children is that when their Dad and Grandfather had a question and KNEW there were people who had the truth then their Father and Grandfather did his best to get to that truth.

And folks "that truth" may be that Sasquatch does not exist. But the important lies in knowing what the truth really is.

3 minutes ago, Huntster said:

If you contact him "off the record", he's likely more willing to talk freely. He might be able to explain some things to you that might make your journey easier.

And thank you too, Hunster. You may be right about what you say and it does sound tempting but one thing at a time maybe just for now.

6 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Yikes sorry about that.     Do they still give them to you in the stomach?      I have raccoons wandering through my yard nearly every night and I am afraid of encountering one in the dark and getting bitten.

Eh, It'll happen.   It was not that bad really.  No more shots in the stomach, I had a series of shots around the bite area, then shots in my extremities and fleshy areas about 12 hours after my bite.  After that I returned back for a series of follow up shots over the next few weeks.  

14 minutes ago, norseman said:

I think Laverty is the guy. Id go straight to the source.

You and Hunster are probably both right on that but I have my reasons for hedging. The chief one is that Mr. Laverty was not at the Olympic Peninsula nesting sight. The WADNR was. And so all I'm inquiring of them are two things: Who, or what, built the nests, and whether or not Sasquatch is an extant creature.

Lyle may not have the answers to either of those questions........YET.

Edited by hiflier

3 minutes ago, hiflier said:

.........Lyle may not have the answers to either of those questions........YET.

I would agree that Laverty would have no knowledge of the Olympic nest situation, but I'll bet that he has deep knowledge of and understanding about un-official federal opinion and policy regarding sasquatchery. Now, whether or not he'd be willing to share that with somebody he doesn't know, over the phone, and/or by email is up in the air.......probably pretty doubtful. If you caught the guy in person and he had time to talk over lunch, you might get some insight..........

5 hours ago, hiflier said:

"A random person"...... That's kind of a telling statement don't you think? I mean I have asked others to join in but this is basically what I'm left with....just being a "random person". It's ALWAYS what I'm left with on this Forum. And yet years of discussions have produced nothing and have gone nowhere. What a big fat ineffectual waste of time for something as important as Sasquatch existence and disclosure. So sad.

I will be ending out that email again tomorrow. Why? Because psychologically I haven't been beat down so far that I'm afraid to do so. You folks can run around in the woods packing whatever it is your packing, taking whatever pictures, going wherever it is that you secretly go, and come here with your chests all puffed out with your tales of research. But sit for 5 minutes and send an email off to an elected official who's department witnessed large nests out in the forest is too  much to ask? As far as I can see you've lost your battle. The government behavioral laboratories have won and succeeded in turning you all into fearful little creatures. I honestly hate to actually be witnessing this for myself but I'm glad that I have. It reaffirms that one doesn't need physical cages to put people into cages. All one needs to do is remove their courage and will to stand up and demand an answer.

You may as well face it, there will be no answer for you folks until SOMEONE ELSE gets it for you. My email will go out tomorrow and it will keep going out until I either get a good response or a bad one- but I WILL get one.......random person be damned. I've made my choice a long time ago, and I chose to stand up.

I haven't lost any battle if I was never fighting one.  I just have a curiosity/interest lacking an answer.

7 minutes ago, Twist said:

I just have a curiosity/interest lacking an answer.

Well heck, Twist, so do I and everyone else here. It's just that after 5 years of research (and a book) I have decided to work hard at that which is "lacking an answer". At the same time I also how easy it is for someone to ignore one 'random person'. It's not that I can't and don't write those emails because I can and do so I'm not at all concerned about "safety in numbers". It's about showing that this "random person' isn't the ONLY one that wants answers to some very important key questions. And that's all that's going on here. Just asking for a small consensus to show that there's a wider audience that would like to have these answers and not just me. I just get the impression no one really cares about it all that much even though I read many over the years here say that it would be the discovery of the century. What gets said and what gets done seems to be inconsistent with each other.

40 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I would agree that Laverty would have no knowledge of the Olympic nest situation, but I'll bet that he has deep knowledge of and understanding about un-official federal opinion and policy regarding sasquatchery. Now, whether or not he'd be willing to share that with somebody he doesn't know, over the phone, and/or by email is up in the air.......probably pretty doubtful. If you caught the guy in person and he had time to talk over lunch, you might get some insight..........

Yeah, kind of the way I was looking at it.